Hamburg-Audio Nuklear (Pulsar Train Synthesizer) released (new v1.1.2 + additional sounds available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nuklear

ThomasR wrote:Hi all,

I'm Thomas who coded Nuklear. I've heard the call for less demo noise instantly. And we all agreed to give unregistered users 20 seconds of silence instead of 5. But I had to work on other things.
But now the silent Nuklear demo is online. It's got the same version and zip name. Not a good style. But I wanted to publish it as soon as possible. And Andre who could change the links on the web page is somewhere on his way from Hamburg to Malaga.

Nuklear demo should be able to export *.nsx files. But KungKrille's nsx isn't readable. I'll have a closer look at that in the next minutes.

Also I'm astonished that automation doesn't work in Live. A beta tester told me it does. Maybe a misunderstanding. This might take a bit longer. But the next version should be automatable in Live also.

Best Regards,

Thomas

ps.: thanks Ingo!
Hi Thomas,

welcome to KVR. I'm happy to see you here. :tu: :party:

This one could be interesting for you too:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=327549

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Yes: I made a mistake with saving *.nsx and *.nbx from the demo version. Easy to repair. Will be fixed in version 1.0.1

But I couldn't find a problem with automation in Ableton Live. I tried VST in Windows and AU in OSX. Did just a quick test: painted some automation curves and the knobs followed.
Did I miss something.

ThomasR wrote: But I couldn't find a problem with automation in Ableton Live. I tried VST in Windows and AU in OSX. Did just a quick test: painted some automation curves and the knobs followed.
Did I miss something.
Hi Thomas,

the problem seems to be that the wrong parameters are recognized by Live. If i add parameters with "Configure" in Ableton Live this is the result (first one is the knob in Nuklear, second the parameter recognized by Live):

(knob in Nuklear: parameter in Live):
Pulsar1 freq: freq1
Pulsar1 wisth: attack1
Pulsar1 pulsar: decay1
Pulsar1 phase: release1
Pulsar1 f tune: freq 2
Pulsar1 tune: res 1

I have not used the automation with Nuklear so far so i did not recognize it before.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

ThomasR wrote:Yes: I made a mistake with saving *.nsx and *.nbx from the demo version. Easy to repair. Will be fixed in version 1.0.1

Are also new features in the update? :)

Ingonator wrote:
ThomasR wrote: But I couldn't find a problem with automation in Ableton Live. I tried VST in Windows and AU in OSX. Did just a quick test: painted some automation curves and the knobs followed.
Did I miss something.
Hi Thomas,

the problem seems to be that the wrong parameters are recognized by Live. If i add parameters with "Configure" in Ableton Live this is the result (first one is the knob in Nuklear, second the parameter recognized by Live):

(knob in Nuklear: parameter in Live):
Pulsar1 freq: freq1
Pulsar1 wisth: attack1
Pulsar1 pulsar: decay1
Pulsar1 phase: release1
Pulsar1 f tune: freq 2
Pulsar1 tune: res 1

I have not used the automation with Nuklear so far so i did not recognize it before.

Ingo
Yesterday i got a new test version where the parameters are recognized correctly by Ableton Live and automation should work too. AFAIK a new update will be released today.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Interesting synth
Just way too pricey for me to justify

KungKrille wrote:I tried the demo and I quite like the lofi-ish sound.

It reminds me a lot of the PPG ... the more you alter the basic waveform, the more digital artefacts Nuklear's oscillators produce, which I think explains the similarity.

However I think the patch-designers don't do the synth justice at all... as if there weren't any rock- or pop-musicians, ambient artists or soundtrack-composers using any synths.

Not the whole musical world consists of techno-heads, for crying out loud.

It's the same as with mosts amp-sims that appear to be geared mostly towards metal-freaks as if there was nobody else ever playing any electric.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Nuklear 1.0.1 is out at:
http://www.hamburg-audio.com/

* saves *.nsx and *.nbx in unregistrered state
* Automation works now with the VST2 version.
* Delay works in sync mode
* Mouse over value display in unregistered state
* Tempo (settings page) accepts an input on Mac

the demo noise in imposcar 2 is worse than this.
cool synth,and extremely lovely filters.
must admit this is a great synth.

robindrieghe wrote:the demo noise in imposcar 2 is worse than this.
cool synth,and extremely lovely filters.
must admit this is a great synth.
Hi,

many thanks for your nice comment. :)

I'm sure more updates with new features will come.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

izonin wrote:Is it "overpriced synths week" on kvr?
+1

I tried the latest demo last night but the installer says it's version 1.0.0. I'm still not able to save presets or banks (not a big deal for me as it's a demo) and I have some trouble with the envelope1. It's wired to the osc amps by default and nothing happens when I adjust the release if the sustain is set to zero. The sequencer behaves a bit strange too. Every loop sounds a bit different but maybe this is a kind of instability feature(?). I don't know anymore if it's overpriced. It's an interesting synth with a nice sound. So nice that I have demoed it an hour every night. Personally I have more VSTs than I need though so I probably have to pass this one which is sad :?

KungKrille wrote:I tried the latest demo last night but the installer says it's version 1.0.0. I'm still not able to save presets or banks (not a big deal for me as it's a demo) and I have some trouble with the envelope1. It's wired to the osc amps by default and nothing happens when I adjust the release if the sustain is set to zero. The sequencer behaves a bit strange too. Every loop sounds a bit different but maybe this is a kind of instability feature(?). I don't know anymore if it's overpriced. It's an interesting synth with a nice sound. So nice that I have demoed it an hour every night. Personally I have more VSTs than I need though so I probably have to pass this one which is sad :?
I'll check the latest installer and contact Thomas if something is wrong. For checking the demo features i have to use my notebook because i use the authorized version on my desktop PC. Which OS (Windows/Mac) and version (VST2/VST3, 32-bit/64-bit) are you using?

UPDATE:
I just downloaded and installed the VST2 version (on Windows 7 32-bit) from the link at the website and in my case it appears as version 1.0.1. The fix for the automation is included too. For the demo features i have to check on my notebook but i guess those should work too.

link for v1.0.1:
http://www.hamburg-audio.com/index.php?nav=1015&lang=GB

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

This is a great synth and is capable of great sounds,but I feel it is overpriced and needs a more realistic price.
If I was the dev of this I would rather have it out in the world being used by most than used by the few who can justify the hefty price tag.
It's a great synth,deserves to do well, but honestly sort the price out.
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

[quote="KungKrille"]I tried the latest demo last night but the installer says it's version 1.0.0. I'm still not able to save presets or banks (not a big deal for me as it's a demo) and I have some trouble with the envelope1. It's wired to the osc amps by default and nothing happens when I adjust the release if the sustain is set to zero. The sequencer behaves a bit strange too. Every loop sounds a bit different but maybe this is a kind of instability feature(?). I don't know anymore if it's overpriced. It's an interesting synth with a nice sound. So nice that I have demoed it an hour every night. Personally I have more VSTs than I need though so I probably have to pass this one which is sad :?[/quote]

Hi,

lots of issues:
* installer version: yes, I didn't update the number, sorry. But it installs 1.0.1 Just click the logo to see the about screen.
* saving presets: sorry again - I'm sure that it worked in between. Now it doesn't. Will be fixed in the next 48 hours.
* envelope: this is a bug! Strange that nobody found it before.
* sequencer: you mean the sound differs for a simple sequence without lfo usage?

Thanks for the productive and positive feedback,

Thomas

Return to “Instruments”