Hamburg-Audio Nuklear (Pulsar Train Synthesizer) released (new v1.1.2 + additional sounds available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nuklear

synthmagic wrote:This is a great synth and is capable of great sounds,but I feel it is overpriced and needs a more realistic price.
If I was the dev of this I would rather have it out in the world being used by most than used by the few who can justify the hefty price tag.
It's a great synth,deserves to do well, but honestly sort the price out.
Hi Steve,

i'm really glad you like the synth as i know you are quite picky about what you like or not. :)
It's for sure not the typical "bread & butter" synth (even if it could do some nice analog sounds too) but is great for more digital or Lo-Fi sounds. The sound reminds me a bit of the PPG.

About the price: I agree and talked with Thomas but he could not decide alone as he's not the only person involved in Hamburg-Audio.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
synthmagic wrote:This is a great synth and is capable of great sounds,but I feel it is overpriced and needs a more realistic price.
If I was the dev of this I would rather have it out in the world being used by most than used by the few who can justify the hefty price tag.
It's a great synth,deserves to do well, but honestly sort the price out.
Hi Steve,

i'm really glad you like the synth as i know you are quite picky about what you like or not. :)
It's for sure not the typical "bread & butter" synth (even if it could do some nice analog sounds too) but is great for more digital or Lo-Fi sounds. The sound reminds me a bit of the PPG.

About the price: I agree and talked with Thomas but he could not decide alone as he's not the only person involved in Hamburg-Audio.

Ingo
Hi Ingo,
it is a great synth,no question about it especially with the sequencer and all the other great things it can do-I just feel it is out of reach to alot of people because of the price.
I bought Alchemy for, I think, about the same price and it came with loads of sound banks from Camel Audio.
To me it just feels too steep a price.
I wish him well with it,it would be a shame if it did not get the user base because of the cost of it.
But hey what do I know?There may be lots of people who can justify the price and will bite his hand off to get it.

cheers,
Steve
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

I tried the demo version, but i cant feel happy about this plugin. The advertisement says "an era of earthshaking new sounds...." , but the sounds are quite mediocre for my taste (thin and cold). The gui is also too small. Its like having a plugin that produces sounds, i heard quite often in waldorf plugs.

You should think about an introductory price , something like 99 $. If you are newcomer and additionally cant overwhelm people with the sound , i think 169 $ is way too overpriced.

juffi wrote:I tried the demo version, but i cant feel happy about this plugin. The advertisement says "an era of earthshaking new sounds...." , but the sounds are quite mediocre for my taste (thin and cold). The gui is also too small. Its like having a plugin that produces sounds, i heard quite often in waldorf plugs.

You should think about an introductory price , something like 99 $. If you are newcomer and additionally cant overwhelm people with the sound , i think 169 $ is way too overpriced.
Yes and take a look at Harmor

I personally like the idea of this "Pulsar train synthesis". It's not like it would be something "amazingly different", but it's something new, which will offer some nice flavour.
After watching the Musotalk Video and understanding, what it is, I'm actually a bit surprised, that we don't find this feature in other synths. It's not like it'd be terribly complicated.

I'm dissapointed with the complexity of the synth. And for that it's really just ridiculously expensive.

Nokenoku wrote:I'm dissapointed with the complexity of the synth.
Complex? I haven't read the manual yet so I still don't know much about pulsar synthesis but I found the synth pretty straight forward. What's complex about it?

Btw, it's not that thin IMO and the filters are singing :)

Second Nuklear demo

Hi,
I just would like to let you know that we added an edu-version :-)
(full version for education AND commercial use, students and teachers only)

http://hamburg-audio.com/

All the best,
Andre

AndreD wrote:Hi,
I just would like to let you know that we added an edu-version :-)
(full version for education AND commercial use, students and teachers only)

http://hamburg-audio.com/

All the best,
Andre
Hi Andre,

nice to see you here at KVR. :)

Any plans to reduce the price for the standard version too like several people proposed here? Like already mentioned an "introduction price" would be nice.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hi,

Nuklear 1.0.2 is available now. Please use the direct links:
http://www.hamburg-audio.com/downloads/ ... taller.zip
http://www.hamburg-audio.com/downloads/ ... taller.zip
until the links on the page are updated.

News:
* An unregistered Nuklear allows to save it's state now
* Envelope release starts at the right point
* Oscillator Mute (click on the oscillator's name). Not yet mentioned in the manual.
* Logic controller assignment is ok.
* Nuklear Windows 64 Bit has presets
* Nuklear works in Renoise

Best Regards,

Thomas

KungKrille wrote:
Complex? I haven't read the manual yet so I still don't know much about pulsar synthesis but I found the synth pretty straight forward. What's complex about it?
Yes, that's what I meant .. it isn't very complex .. that's why I'm dissapointed.

Nokenoku wrote:
KungKrille wrote:
Yes, that's what I meant .. it isn't very complex .. that's why I'm dissapointed.
so could you please tell me, "what" u are missing? ;-)
did you really got into it?

all the best,
andre

please reload the Mac Version. The previous one had a bug.

ThomasR wrote:please reload the Mac Version. The previous one had a bug.
Thanks again DH for reporting!

I would be happy to get more sound examples. :wink:
#PassionForHappiness

Sorry but this synth was not a good experience. If it really has potential they need to get some new preset and UI designers. I'm sure you can do some unique things with this new kind of synthesis, but after playing with some presets I could not hear it. It all sounded thin and sterile and the interface was not very intuitive.

If you want to see how a unique synth can be done check out Aalto, which is just unbelievable (eats CPU though).
New developers need to keep in mind that they're competing with the likes of Camel Audio, U-He, Rob Papen and Native Instruments. For this price people will expect a lot more.

Return to “Instruments”