Hamburg-Audio Nuklear (Pulsar Train Synthesizer) released (new v1.1.2 + additional sounds available)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
rob_lee
KVRAF
7938 posts since 16 Oct, 2006

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:54 am

fridtjof wrote:It all sounded thin and sterile and the interface was not very intuitive.
I had the beta version of this and i had no problem getting fat sounds and lush pads from it mate. Just depends how you use it. Any sound is possible. I might do more sounds one day for this but it don't sound thin here.
Cheers

Rob

PietW.
KVRian
1053 posts since 6 May, 2010 from Munich, Germany

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:59 am

Any News about Version 1.0.5 ?

Neon Breath
KVRAF
3728 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:04 pm

Interesting cause by reading all the posts in this thread, this synth definitly seems to be a HATE or LOVE thing, no grey area at all here with this one.
Last edited by Neon Breath on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keel
KVRian
830 posts since 27 Oct, 2004 from Inside the kick drum

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:16 pm

This synth sounds super thin. Really "earthshaking", indeed :lol: Who is going to pay 169€ + vat for this? :lol:

4damind
KVRAF
5103 posts since 17 Aug, 2004 from Berlin, Germany

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:47 pm

keel wrote:This synth sounds super thin. Really "earthshaking", indeed :lol: Who is going to pay 169€ + vat for this? :lol:
Hmm.. Nobody :hihi: There are more interesting synth this days like Imposcar2, Imageline Harmor etc. but IMO

Ingonator
KVRAF
12504 posts since 21 Mar, 2008 from Hannover, Germany

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:44 am

keel wrote:This synth sounds super thin. Really "earthshaking", indeed :lol: Who is going to pay 169€ + vat for this? :lol:
What do you mean with "super thin". It was not designed to be a VA emulation but more more on the digital side but it could also do some nice analog sounds.
I also don't know some synth sounding EXACTLY similar.
Some which are close are Granular synths like e.g. Alchemy or Absynth or wavetable synths like e.g. Largo or PPG Wave 3.V.

If you want the ultimate analog emulation you should search for a different synth...

BTW the Pulsar train synthesis works almost like a filter itself so AFAIK originally it was intended to not include a dedicated filter...

AFAIK one of the future updates should be wave import or even a kind of wave/wavetable editor.

I'll do some more sounds (besides my factory sounds, see OP) with it soon but at the moment i'm working on Synthmaster 2. 5 and other projects.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2020 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Lotuzia
KVRAF
10263 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:39 am

b-pole wrote:I would be happy to get more sound examples. :wink:
Indeed. Not a single sound example on the dev's site :?:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Ingonator
KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:47 am

Lotuzia wrote:
You could check my own demos at the OP or the demo version of the synth.

I agree about the importance of audio demos when publishing a sound bank but for synths a demo of the plugin is much more important to me.
with the latest versions of the Nuklear demo you could even save (but not load) your own presets.

about the price:
I have mentioned to the devs that a lower price would be better. At least they got an educational discount with almost the half price now.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2020 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Lotuzia
KVRAF
10263 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:28 am

Ingonator wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

I agree about the importance of audio demos when publishing a sound bank but for synths a demo of the plugin is much more important to me.
with the latest versions of the Nuklear demo you could even save (but not load) your own presets.

about the price:
I have mentioned to the devs that a lower price would be better. At least they got an educational discount with almost the half price now.

Ingo
Hi Ingo,

Yes I tried to play your demo clips, but after waiting one minute for the two firsts I gave up :? Maybe too much people tryning to listen to them simultaneously ?

Selling musical instrumens without even a soundclip on the developper's page. Well I dont believe in this, but this is only my sole POV ( though you'll notice its a quite very rare case, especially for a synth in this range price )

Cheers,

L.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Ingonator
KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:02 am

Lotuzia wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

about the price:

Ingo
Hi Ingo,

Yes I tried to play your demo clips, but after waiting one minute for the two firsts I gave up :? Maybe too much people tryning to listen to them simultaneously ?

Selling musical instrumens without even a soundclip on the developper's page. Well I dont believe in this, but this is only my sole POV ( though you'll notice its a quite very rare case, especially for a synth in this range price )

Cheers,

L.
Hi Laurent,

Rapidshare changed the use of the files. This way you could download the files with full speed but there are problems with playing them directly. With a right-click on the files and selecting "Save as..." the files could be downloaded.

BTW there is a forum of Hamburg Audio here:
http://shop.hamburg-audio.com/forum/

Andre Dupke (AndreD) and Thomas Rehaag (ThomasR) of Hamburg Auduio also posted in this thread.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Gamma-UT
KVRAF
5878 posts since 8 Jun, 2009 from UK

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:15 am

Ingonator wrote:Rapidshare changed the use of the files. This way you could download the files with full speed but there are problems with playing them directly. With a right-click on the files and selecting "Save as..." the files could be downloaded.
That doesn't work for me either: you have to open the link to get to the Rapidshare page that has the download link lurking among a bunch of ads for their premium service. And, frankly, the way Rapidshare tends to figure prominently in searches for software (usually hosting the, ahem, unofficial versions), I don't really like using it anyway.

I'd suggest getting a Dropbox account for demos and stuff. They do 2GB with download limit of 10GB per day (I think) and allows direct linking to files without forcing you through a series of ads. I think aMUSed was looking for some extra space - each referral nets 250MB of storage for the referrer - so if you ask him for an invitation I'm sure he'll send one. If that fails, PM me. However, I'm not desperate for the extra as I'm using the paid subscription.

I think Hamburg would do themselves a favour by posting some audio demos of what they think the synth can do. To be honest, I tried it but didn't get anything that made me want to use it instead of an existing wavetable synth. I was intrigued by the use of wavelets, but a bit disappointed in the implementation - I'm sure the design philosophy was different to what I was thinking, but I'd hoped that it would be more along the lines of an additive synth using wavelets instead of sinewaves.

ThomasR
KVRer
16 posts since 2 Sep, 2011 from Cologne Germany

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:31 am

Hi all,

Nuklear ver. 1.0.7 is out:
http://hamburg-audio.com/index.php?lang ... free+trial

The versions up to 1.0.5 had a bug that led to an alising like sound especially at high notes. Some people told me that they thought it was the pulsar systhesis that lead to this sound. But it really was a bug.

Furthermore 1.0.7 has got some new presets.

A demo song will be online shortly at hamburg-audio.com.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Ingonator
KVRAF

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:46 am

ThomasR wrote:Hi all,

Nuklear ver. 1.0.7 is out:
http://hamburg-audio.com/index.php?lang ... free+trial

The versions up to 1.0.5 had a bug that led to an alising like sound especially at high notes. Some people told me that they thought it was the pulsar systhesis that lead to this sound. But it really was a bug.

Furthermore 1.0.7 has got some new presets.

A demo song will be online shortly at hamburg-audio.com.

Best Regards,

Thomas
Hi Thomas,

thanks for the new version and presets. I'll check it soon.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

PietW.
KVRian
1053 posts since 6 May, 2010 from Munich, Germany

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:47 am

It is amazing what sounds can produce nuclear. You only have a little turn on the knobs. It always come out new sounds.

cosmic_artistry
KVRer
3 posts since 31 Mar, 2011 from San Diego

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:39 pm

The synth works great in Logic but I'm having problems with presets going silent in Ableton 8.2.5 on OSX. I'm using the latest version. Anyone else experiencing this?
Cosmic Artistry
www.cosmicartistry.com

Return to “Instruments”