Hamburg-Audio Nuklear (Pulsar Train Synthesizer) released (new v1.1.2 + additional sounds available)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Panphobia
KVRist
393 posts since 21 Sep, 2011 from Northern California

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:12 am

Wasn't too excited to try yet another demo (almost didn't because there were no sound examples).

But I am glad I did. I really really like this synth. Like others have said, it sounds digital- but in a good way. Really pleasantly surprised at this one, it is without a doubt going on my short list of stuff I cannot afford lol.

Just some notes for the dev:

when I went to install it, for some reason it did not install unless I let it use the default path: c/programfiles(x86)/vst or something like that. This is the 64 bit version. I installed it there and moved it to my normal vst folder and it worked no problem. Sort of annoying though so you may want to fix this.

As far as the price goes, full is ~$240 usd, edu $125 usd. Full price is above my budget. I am a hobbyist so this is expensive for me, but you may want to think about a light version of the synth at a lower price point for us po folk.

As far as the noise in the demo, it did not bother me. It was quiet enough and infrequent enough for me to evaluate some of the presets.

In any case excellent synth!

AndreD
KVRer
5 posts since 12 Sep, 2011

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi,
while waitong for version 1.1 with new sounds and a bigger gui,
here comes a teaser ;-)

Thanks BLN,
great work. (great skills!)

AndreD
KVRer
5 posts since 12 Sep, 2011

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:27 pm

Ingonator
KVRAF
12504 posts since 21 Mar, 2008 from Hannover, Germany

Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:46 pm

Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2020 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

aMUSEd
KVRAF
31756 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Sat May 12, 2012 4:15 am

I just got the mono version for Studio One - even in mono it sounds great. Eats a lot of cpu though for some patches (up there with Diva in fact). I don't know about it sounding thin, to me it sounds very juicy with really great filters (are they the same as on Largo? - they sound similar).

Funk Dracula
KVRist
44 posts since 17 Dec, 2010 from Chicago

Post Sat May 12, 2012 6:33 am

Ok, this synth has the absolute most reprehensible action of a demo I have ever encountered!! Downright irresponsible and SHAMEFUL.

I was trying out the demo on a friends laptop, and If you happen to forget about the "one" instance per session for the demo, instead of merely not opening up, it SCREAMS the sharpest noise possible thru your speakers regardless of your mixer or volume settings.

Here's the kicker.. besides laptop volume being almost ALL THE WAY down and the fader was at -40 in Logic, the noise bypasses all of that and still BUSTED MY HEADPHONES and HURT MY EARS.

The way I see it, Hamburg-audio OWES ME $300 for a new pair of headphones. I'm serious. My ears are ringing and I've actually suffered equipment damage from this demo.

WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU GUYS THINKING????

- LIVID
"music is the best"

LAGinz
KVRist
382 posts since 8 Jan, 2012

Post Sat May 12, 2012 7:51 am

Is the 1.1.2 update and new sounds applicable to the Presonus version?

Compyfox
KVRAF
14427 posts since 19 Oct, 2003 from Berlin, Germany

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:59 am

I've yet to test this synth... it's part of a BEAT special issue (Workzone #02) and listed as NUKLEAR BE.

Anyone knows what's the difference to the full version?
Or is it the "SOLO" version, which is actually monophonic, but possible to upgrade at a reasonable price?

Oh and... are there more presets or an online preset browser other than what's available on their page?

This thing sounds interesting. Definitely not something I've heard in a while.
[ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ] | [ Mix Challenge ]

Numanoid
KVRAF
25889 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:28 am

Compyfox wrote: Anyone knows what's the difference to the full version?
Or is it the "SOLO" version, which is actually monophonic, but possible to upgrade at a reasonable price?
I got the BE version. I think it is pretty much like the Solo version, it is monophonic.

Nuklear BE comes with 128 presets.

Compyfox
KVRAF

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Hm... so triggering pads might become troublesome.
Definitely need to test it.
[ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ] | [ Mix Challenge ]

Neon Breath
KVRAF
3728 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:31 pm

Yeah test it you might either love it or hate, it really seems there's no grey area with this synth. Some truly love it, some truly hate it. Impossible to say without testing it.

Numanoid
KVRAF
25889 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:46 pm

Compyfox wrote:Hm... so triggering pads might become troublesome.
Definitely need to test it.
You can play a pad sound, but only one note at a time, so you can't play chords.

To cirumvent this, you can load up Nuklear in differnet channels, and play the channels at once. The same principle that Oberheim used for the 4 voice back in the '70s :D

Compyfox
KVRAF

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:56 pm

But I'd miss the modulation for polyphonic play.

oxygenmask
KVRist
107 posts since 4 Mar, 2004

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:15 pm

I don't download demos because of the occasional horror story of people who get hosed with old files not being removed etc. and blah blah blah. I make decisions based on sound demos. This synth had none when I researched it a while ago so I stopped researching it. Really? No demo track? Really? This is the plug in business right? I know there are two up now, but wow! What incredible short sightedness! Did someone get fired for that? If it were my company, that would have happened on release day.

kylie
KVRist
353 posts since 10 Jan, 2008

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:03 pm

oh what a perfect, wonderful plugin world it would be if only the best businessmen would run audio plugin companies... :roll:

Return to “Instruments”