Synth1 (Ichiro Toda) available on mac.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm confused....when you unzip the file, it contains a folder called Synth1.vst.....do I just drop the folder into my VST folder? Because inside the folder there are no plugin files, just a unix file (?) and some other stuff.

edit, guess I should have checked before asking, yep it works if I just drop the folder in.........I realize now this is what the instructions on the website were talking about, if a bit confusingly..

-M
Last edited by mholloway on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mholloway wrote:I'm confused....when you unzip the file, it contains a folder called Synth1.vst.....do I just drop the folder into my VST folder? Because inside the folder there are no plugin files, just a unix file (?) and some other stuff.

sorry clueless, help plz...

-M
Yep. Just drop it into your vst plugins folder on your mac.

Wow... did not see that coming :shock:
Eternitysound VST Banks

OK now my idiot problem is that despite the instructions, I can't get it to find the presets.....

website says:

The default storing paths of patch files are the following folders. Please store factory patch (factory_preset.zip) to following zipbank.
/Users/username/Documents/Synth1Patches/zipbank
/Users/username/Documents/Synth1Patches/soundbank00~99

---

so I create those folders? and am I moving the unzipped file or the zipped file? I feel like a total moron here, but....I tried a few things and the program still doesn't find them. help?

thanks, -M

This is probably the first softsynth i ever saw .. it still holds the test of time? I must say it looked a lot more fresh in white instead of lofi-brown/yellow+red :hihi:
:hug:

samsam wrote:Cool. So where does that first skin that rexXx posted come from?
RexXx wrote:... Synth1 has a clean layout and you can customize the colors and resize the gui, not many synths can do that.
in the options

mholloway wrote:OK now my idiot problem is that despite the instructions, I can't get it to find the presets.....

website says:

The default storing paths of patch files are the following folders. Please store factory patch (factory_preset.zip) to following zipbank.
/Users/username/Documents/Synth1Patches/zipbank
/Users/username/Documents/Synth1Patches/soundbank00~99

---

so I create those folders? and am I moving the unzipped file or the zipped file? I feel like a total moron here, but....I tried a few things and the program still doesn't find them. help?

thanks, -M
I unzipped the banks into /Users/username/Documents/Synth1Patches/

I then renamed them:-

soundbank01, soundbank02 etc....

That should work.

I predict this is going to be the thread of the week :hihi:

awol9000 wrote:
samsam wrote:Cool. So where does that first skin that rexXx posted come from?
RexXx wrote:... Synth1 has a clean layout and you can customize the colors and resize the gui, not many synths can do that.
in the options

First "skin":
#48606D
#adadaf

Second "skin" (white):
#e0e0e0
It`s not a bug... it`s a feature!

works fine here on live 8.2.1 osx 10.6.7 but i cant change the colors(i can check box them but not change the text in the box)
alsom where are those gazillion of free patches, ive been waiting for like 6 years to use synth 1 again since i switched to mac

thanks Cyberheater, that worked for getting the presets.

this SO made my day, if not my week.....I freakin love this synth and haven't used it since 2 years ago when I worked on a PC laptop...

-M

mholloway wrote:thanks Cyberheater, that worked for getting the presets.

this SO made my day, if not my week.....I freakin love this synth and haven't used it since 2 years ago when I worked on a PC laptop...

-M
You're very welcome. I'm amazed at this synth. It looks kinda toylike and simple but some of the incredible sounds available for it are stunning. It sounds better then a lot of the more modern soft synths that I've actually paid for.

Yeaaaah! Miss it since 4 years! Really great news!

cyberheater wrote:
du auch wrote:cool! and native-au is in developement and could be released in less than a month (if google-translate doesn't lie :hihi: )
haven't used this for years (since i'm on mac), but it would be nice to use this in logic (don't want to use a wrapper) :)
That's great news about the au version as the wrapper doesn't seem to let you use the 'write' option from the synth. You can of course justs save in logic but it's not the same.
The write button is working fine here (I'm using the 0.2rc2 version of the au wrapper, maybe that's the reason... I didn't try with the previous stable version).

By the way it doesn't expose parameters when wrapped, I don't know if it does shows then when used as a vsti, cubase studio 4.5 blacklists it. :(

sin night wrote:
cyberheater wrote:
du auch wrote:cool! and native-au is in developement and could be released in less than a month (if google-translate doesn't lie :hihi: )
haven't used this for years (since i'm on mac), but it would be nice to use this in logic (don't want to use a wrapper) :)
That's great news about the au version as the wrapper doesn't seem to let you use the 'write' option from the synth. You can of course justs save in logic but it's not the same.
The write button is working fine here (I'm using the 0.2rc2 version of the au wrapper, maybe that's the reason... I didn't try with the previous stable version).

By the way it doesn't expose parameters when wrapped, I don't know if it does shows then when used as a vsti, cubase studio 4.5 blacklists it. :(
It must be a Logic 9 thing because I can't get the 'write' button to work. Are you using Logic 9 ?

Return to “Instruments”