Kairatune, new synth released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for your work, really great synth this :tu:

ENV1 wrote:At any rate, it definitely IS different. Ive played with it for about an hour and got sounds out of it which i had never heard out of any other softsynth before.
That's a statement i'm sure any plugin maker would appreciate. I'm no exception. Thank you very much!
So please accept my sincere thanks for what i think to be a real masterpiece of softsynth conception. I will definitely keep checking it out during the coming days, and if time allows i may even make/share a small bank with a couple of presets...
Please do make some presets. That would be great!

Thank you. :)

Works fine in energyXT btw :)
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:Oh how i looked for the polyphonic button ......... :lol:

It sounds great! So many options, so much to tweak!

Some values are a bit high .. like the 50db on the eq :-o
Oops... :) I guess that's a bit much, but who knows...
Did you try making a polyphonic version at first? I can just imagine how pads would sound .. :)
No i haven't given that much thought. I think it would require a lot of work to make a polyphonic version that any CPU could actually handle. I'm with you though - it would be nice.

Crackbaby wrote:Is there a way to adjust velocity sensitivity?
No i'm afraid there isn't, sorry about that.
Are you planning for mousewheel support? my fingers are bleeding moving the mouse around when tweaking:(
You're not the first asking for this. It shouldn't be too hard to add. Please check out for updates in the near future.
What is Trill? Pitch modulation with a square wave where one full step is a note?
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by note, but yes it's pitch modulation with a square wave. No actual notes are triggered. The pitch just steps up and down by the chosen interval.
If i reset a patch, make my own, change the name - can i make it so it always loads that bank as default?
No, the factory presets are built in to the DLL file. There's currently no way to change them. I guess the default bank could be as well stored in an external FXB file that could be modified, but like i said that's not yet possible.

Thanks for all the inspiring feedback!

This thing can make some really beatiful and unique complex sounds :tu:. Delay is its soul. Toooooooo bad it is not polyphonic :cry:. I guess that poly mode will eat up about 25%-50% of my CPU, but that will be hm... acceptable, concerning the fact that ONLY ONE UNIQUE SOUND of this great VSTi can be enough for a 50% of the whole arrangement :wheee:
8)
Thanks!

P.S.
Sorry, I had to add this, with a good intention of course...
With 2-3 instances of Synth1 I can get the same (and even more complex) sounds in poly mod and with a much much lesser CPU cost.
So, maybe some further optimization can make this wonderful synth polyphonic AND more CPU friendly. There must be something you can optimize further.
Anyway, keep up the good work!
Last edited by zorniko on Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Some really awesome sounds here. Great character! The CPU hit is a little unfortunate, but it is only version 1.

Looking forward to the future direction of this.

Thanks so much for the contribution to the community!

Michael

This is really great!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ufmdq1qrwau7077 - This patch only took about 2 minutes to make and already sounds quite high quality (some effects added)

Great sounding synth 8)
I like the tempo synced envelope

Looking forward for poly & lesser cpu version :D

I guess whats most fascinating about this synth is how it is capable of making the most pleasing 'dirt'. Its secret weapon is definitely the 'Drive' knob! More than once i was reminded of that old huge discrete modular i used to spend many an hour in front of as a child (no, not a moog, self-made but it seemed like a building with patch-cables anyhow) and to be honest this is the first time that i had this feeling from playing with a softsynth.

Uploaded one patch here.

http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=lis ... order=date

You can play very short stabs or hold a key for some modulation action.

Oh and...hold on to your limiter!

If its too loud/krass for you turn down the master volume to -6...

The first review says; 'Love at first bleep'.

I totally agree ;)

A new gem for sure, great sound and Ive only auditioned the first 4 presets :P

Many thanks, Ill be putting Kairatune to good use ASAP

Just saw the review and downloaded. Can't wait to try this. Thanks in advance.

P.S. You probably alreay know about this, but Leslie Sanford posted his C++ codes online for help:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/audio-vid ... olkit.aspx
(For midi. Maybe help with velocity)
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/audio-vid ... parti.aspx
The general synth page.

Very Nice. Thanks. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”