"AMBIODRONE" New soundbank for Waldorf PPG WAVE 2.V | 3.V - EXPANDED to 96 Programs!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Hi All,

The new RWM sound bank is out -

======================

A M B I O D R O N E

Evocative Pad/Synth Collection

Sound Bank for Waldorf PPG WAVE 2.V | 3.V

DESCRIPTION

The AMBIODRONE Sound Bank includes:

- 96 new Programs in PPG WAVE 2.V .FXB Bank and .FXP Program
compatible file format
- 128 new Programs in PPG WAVE 3.V .FXB Bank and .FXP Program
compatible file format
- 12 new RWM stereo samples for 3.V Transient Sample based Programs
- Documentation including Manual, Program List, License Agreement

======================

The Ambiodrone sound bank contains 96 new expansive pad and hybrid-synth sounds for the PPG WAVE 2.V and 128 sounds for the 3.V software synthesizers.

Included in the Ambiodrone sound bank are a variety ambient, analog-digital hybrid, atmospheric, drone, experimental, pad and scape type of evocative sounds, moods and melodies.

Many of the programmed sounds explore the wavetable scanning capability found in the PPG Wave series synthesizers to produce musically interesting and unusual tonal events.

The Ambiodrone Programs utilize the DUAL and QUAD voice modes within the PPG WAVE 2.V | 3.V VSTI's architecture extensively for creating full and rich sound textures.

The 3.V expanded version also includes 16 new Programs based exclusively on the additional 3.V Wavetables and 16 new Transient Programs based on the included RWM samples and 3.V factory samples.

The programmed sounds include controller assignments mapped to pitch bend, modulation wheel and aftertouch for further expressiveness.

======================

AMBIODRONE $21 USD

http://www.rwm-synth-soundbanks.com/Ambiodrone-RWM.html
Last edited by RandomWave on Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 11 times in total.

March 1 :party:

Additional audio demos coming soon... :)
Last edited by RandomWave on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Introductory bump :)
Last edited by RandomWave on Sat May 05, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New audio demo added to the product page: "Titan"

http://www.rwmsoundbanks.com/Ambiodrone-RWM.html

AMBIODRONE has been expanded:
96 Programs for 2.V
128 Programs for 3.V :party:

The Programs are listed on the product page: http://www.rwmsoundbanks.com/Ambiodrone-RWM.html
Last edited by RandomWave on Sat May 05, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hi,

nice to see other are working on the PPG Wave 3.V too. Like you have already recognized yourself my own bank was published yesterday.
Hopefully i will have the opportunity to test your soundbank very soon.
Would be interesting to hear the difference in the 2.V and 3.V version. In my ears the new version usually sounds better.
Wolfgang Palm (the PPG god himself...) and Hermann Seib (the PPG guru..) who were both involved in the Betatest of the PPG 3.V (Wolfgang also in the factory sound design) seem to have the same opinion.

Best wishes and good sales. :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Today i received Dan's Ambidrone bank (and he got my own PPG 3.V bank as an "exchange"). I have tested a few presets in both PPG Wave 2.V and 3.V. So far it sounds very promising. Some great pads and ambient sound in there. I will post again when i am finished with the bank.
With the new True PPG modes in the PPG 3.V the presets could sound different but the 3.V is supposed to be a better reproduction of the real thing. If you use the 2.V mode in PPG 3.V it sounds close to the PPG Wave 2.V.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thanks Ingo! :)

I just took Ingo's "Atmospheric Transients" bank for a quick spin as well to put through its paces likewise.

This was a project I quite excited about when Ingo announced it some months ago both thematically and from the list of sampled material he used in the production. It doesnt disappoint. :D

I will post more about Atmospheric Transients in Ingo's product post after I spend more time with it further this weekend!

Ingo, with Atmospheric Transients and Ambiodrone being new products, it would be great for each of us to go into greater detail about what one can expect from each of them and how pleasantly different they are tonally and in focus.

Also, Rob Lee's "Blue Wave" soundbank is available in the Waldorf shop for those interested.

Rob, you are also certainly welcome to join in! :)
Last edited by RandomWave on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EDITED: See updated review below.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

I got the Atmospheric Transients bank from the Waldorf site and a lot of the sounds are reporting in the browser display that the associated transient file is "not found." Does this mean I have a problem with the download or the installation? The download appears normal but the transient files in question don't appear to be in the sample directory that came with it. Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: I think I found the problem -- the zip file in the download link emailed by the Waldorf shop after my purchase is missing the "samples" directory. This needs to be fixed ASAP as I assume all other buyers will have the same problem. Thanks.

clif321 wrote:I got the Atmospheric Transients bank from the Waldorf site and a lot of the sounds are reporting in the browser display that the associated transient file is "not found." Does this mean I have a problem with the download or the installation? The download appears normal but the transient files in question don't appear to be in the sample directory that came with it. Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: I think I found the problem -- the zip file in the download link emailed by the Waldorf shop after my purchase is missing the "samples" directory. This needs to be fixed ASAP as I assume all other buyers will have the same problem. Thanks.
EDIT: Report and solution moved to my own thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=344042

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Hi everyone,

i received the final version of the extended version (96 presets) of the AMBIODRONE soundset for the PPG Wave 2.V/3.V from Dan of Random Wave Music (thanks for this and your review of my own bank, Dan!!) and am now finished with testing it.

Here I write a review about my experience in PPG Wave 2.V (from the Waldorf Edition).
A proper import to PPG 3.V is in progress AFAIK. Those who want to try the soundset in PPG 3.V now have to load the 2.V bank and set the True PPG mode in each preset to "2.V". Hopefully this kind of import could be improved in a future version of the PPG Wave 3.V.
Dan is working on a proper bank file for the PPG Wave 3.V which should be finished very soon.

Now about the presets in the ABIODRONE soundset:

The soundset was originally developed in PPG Wave 2.V and the extended version contains 96 presets. It contains a big amount of beautiful and shimmering Pad sounds and nice evolving Atmsopheres. Besides this there are great Polysynth sounds, Bell like sounds, Arpeggiator sounds, and a few Keys (e.g. Organ like sounds).

Most of those presets have a "digital" character while there are also a few analog style sounds like e.g. "Elder Sweep", "Oberon", "Phobos" or "Warm Haze".

Many of those presets contain nice and/or interesting wavetable and/or filter sweeps and the PAd sounds contain some beautiful Vox/Choir like sounds.

Most of those presets are both "fresh" and modern while some remind of classic PPG sounds from the 80s, especially from Tangerine Dream. A few examples are the presets called "Cloud Vox", "Corona", Crooning" "Digital Harmony" or "Machine Activation".

Most of the presets contain real time modulation like Modwheel and/or aftertouch modulation which adds some more variety to the sounds.

A significant point about most of those presets is that they have that "typical" PPG Wave sound which is really unique and which i personally love. There are several other wavetable synths out there including some from Waldorf (e.g. Largo) but the PPG seems to have it's own kind of sound which is the reason why many people are still interested in it, even in the original hardware synth.
The Waldorf Blofeld (and the older Q + MicroQ) got a PPG filter emulation which is my preferred filter in the Blofeld (as could be seen in my own commercial Blofeld soundset).

This soundset complements very well with my own for the PPG 3.V which was released last week and the one from Rob Lee which is already a bit older.
There seem to be only a few "overlapping" sounds in those 3 banks and even those are still significantly different.

As a conclusion i have to say that i really love this soundset, especially the pad and atmosphere sounds, and all those people that love a combination of both "that" typical PPG sound and some fresh sounds should get this bank as fast as possible...

AFAIK besides the 96 presets version (which is available now) it is possible that there could be another update with more presets in the future.

I am quite sure that this will not be the last PPG 2.V/3.V bank of Random Wave Music, Rob Lee and myself... :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

About a new update for the Waldorf Edition:

The version of the PPG Wave 2.V i got from the Waldorf Edition is v1.7.3. There was a Betatest for the new version not long ago which is also 64-bit compatible. I have not found a download at the Waldorf website for this so far. Maybe the customers of the Download version get this automatic and owners of the old CD version should contact Waldorf support to receive the new version with serial number protection. Those maybe get the update automatically too.
Anyway it would be good to have a download at the website.

Did anyone receive that new update from Waldorf so far?
I will ask at Waldorf about this soon.

Best wishes,
Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Thanks for your detailed overview of the Ambiodrone bank Ingo!
The version of the PPG Wave 2.V i got from the Waldorf Edition is v1.7.3.
The last update I was aware of is 1.2.9 which is the downloadable/serial version not requiring CD reregistration.

Have there been any significant changes in 1.2.9 - 1.7.3? Anywhere to view a change log online?

Thanks!

RandomWave wrote:Thanks for your detailed overview of the Ambiodrone bank Ingo!
The version of the PPG Wave 2.V i got from the Waldorf Edition is v1.7.3.
The last update I was aware of is 1.2.9 which is the downloadable/serial version not requiring CD reregistration.

Have there been any significant changes in 1.2.9 - 1.7.3? Anywhere to view a change log online?

Thanks!
Hi Dan,

there was a beta test for the new version recently and the biggest improvement is native 64-bit support for both Windows and Mac.
I guess i have to ask Wolfram from Waldorf how or when the new update is available.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”