Something new to play - help to find a catchy name and win - we have it - GhostMachine!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Fortune wrote:some nice suggestion so far but to be honest the real 'killer' name is not among yet :-(

To give you an example:
as sugeested on facebook 'FACT' for 'Four part Algorithmic Composition Tool'
would be quite nice but 'Fact' in itself does not really provoke any deeper or elucidative imagination.
So, in fact, OrgASM would be much better 'Organic Algorithmic Sound Machine' :D :shock: :o :x :lol: :hihi:

??? but is it really recommendable ???
FACT sounds like a news magazine, and OrgASM rather sounds like a swinger club.:shock:

A non-ambiguous, short name like "KOMPOSITOR" would be better.
You hit some point! I was giving a quite drastic example to show what naming is about in the end as it has to meet certain requirements:
It must appeal a wider audience AND entice imagination AND should reflect some outstanding peculiarity of the item or open some other imaginative relation. So the name should trigger something. And if I can't say spontaneously 'That's it!' to a suggestion it's simply not striking enough.

With this project the outstanding peculiarity is not the four parts but the algorithmic composing features therefore those suggetions reffering to '4' like all 'Quad' or so are only 2nd choice.
Some suggestions are nice but might interfere with others like 'O.A.S.I.S' with Korg's Oasis system and synth, or, like 'Serendipity' resembling too much my 'Serenity' VSTi.

It's not as easy as one may think ...
Tricky-Loops wrote:BTW, as I have introduced the idea of the name-giveaway-contest - could I please get a free version of the finished ... (name to be given), anyhow? :wink:
I'll be thinking about it though I've something in mind already ...

How about 4Tune or 4Tune8 ? This would be a play on both the four sections and the fact that it plays tunes (not just single notes per keypress) And a play on Fortune as the creator. It also slows recognition (you have to think for a sec the first time to see how to say it), which tends to cause it to stick in your memory better than 'Fortunate'.
(I know you said the 'four' thing is not that important, but I couldn't resist the temptation) :)

I like it. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Well, from my facebook page:
'Graham Smith Tried it out - very interesting. How about Ghost Sequencer?'
HGFortuneSynthesizer ‎@ Graham Smith: well, Ghost Machine would be more suitable ;-)
Btw. Except for one (little complex) thing to check the engine seems to be nearly complete at this level. But first some more test runs ...

We have the name: Ghost Machine and the winner is Graham Smith as he gave the right direction on my facebook page ;-)
But no contributor of suggestions here will get short: each one will get a (more or less) little surprise goodie soon ;-)

stay tuned ...

Fortune wrote:We have the name: Ghost Machine and the winner is Graham Smith as he gave the right direction on my facebook page ;-)
But no contributor of suggestions here will get short: each one will get a (more or less) little surprise goodie soon ;-)

stay tuned ...
Huh, now I'm scared as hell of your "Ghost Machine"... But after I've tamed The Tiger, maybe I can get the ghost out of it, too... :o :shock:

Thanks for the goodie -- I would be very delighted if I you could give me the finished "Ghost Machine" for free or at least with a big discount, too (for me as inventor of the name-giveaway-contest)

Great name! Congratulations to Graham, and thanks to you for the surprise. I've not played with any of your previous algorithmic stuff, but with this promotional activity you've nudged me in that direction. Smart marketing, good customer relations.

(I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts.)

Meffy wrote:Great name! Congratulations to Graham, and thanks to you for the surprise. I've not played with any of your previous algorithmic stuff, but with this promotional activity you've nudged me in that direction. Smart marketing, good customer relations.
+1 :tu:
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

Hi Fortune
Thank's for the goodie!
I wish you an amazing GhostMachine launch :D

Thanks a heap!
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Long life GhostMachine, and as always, you are a gentleman.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Thank you for the present. What a nice surprise. Awesome :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

As always, sounds GREAT HG!!!!!

Good luck with this - you simply don't need it, since you are one of a handful of true vsti visionaries!!!!!

Mike

Meffy wrote:(I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts.)
Who you gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS... :hihi:

Pytchblend wrote:I'm using Reaper 4.14 - I cannot see this DLL as a plugin even if I rescan :(
works fine in Reaper 4.22 :D

Return to “Instruments”