Mach Five 3- next level s**t

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
pinki
KVRian
618 posts since 2 Nov, 2006

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:31 am

Ah Olivier I was hoping you would appear! I will try this- I did not realise the layers rules could be round robin.

I have some other things- it would be really wonderful to be able to have "move selected oscillators to new keygroup" command.
Also, why is there no shortcut to the Layers FX in the settings, like there is for the Keygroups?

And finally it would be soo nice to have audio file preview in the browser, not just loops.

I know it's not your job to field such requests so I'll send them to Motu, but your thoughts on their validity?
..

dayjob
KVRian
1238 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:33 am

i thought about getting mach5 and decided against it because i work on the laptop enough to not want to deal with iloks when traveling etc. i find dongles to be kind of a drag since i lose stuff and break stuff. it'd be fine on the desktop but then i'd just grow to like it and miss it when working on the laptop and that'd be a bummer. 1st world problems ya know ;)

iLok Required

MachFive 3 requires an iLok smart key (version 1 or 2), which must be purchased separately. iLok NOT included.

User avatar
Muziksculp
KVRian
1483 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:37 am

@otristan,

I would love to see you develop some high-quality Orchestral Libraries for Mach 5 v3

Currently this is totally missing from a great sampler like M5-v3

Hopefully, you are already developing this, or have plans to do so in the near future.

Thanks,

Muziksculp
Last edited by Muziksculp on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
17159 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:37 am

Why doesn't MF3 conversion convert NKIs by using layer rules? Seems fairly easy to copy Kontakt's group options to MF3 rules, at least to me...

otristan
KVRAF
1936 posts since 28 Mar, 2005

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:45 am

pinki wrote: it would be really wonderful to be able to have "move selected oscillators to new keygroup" command.
Could be useful some time indeed.
pinki wrote: Also, why is there no shortcut to the Layers FX in the settings, like there is for the Keygroups?
Only the most used stuff are in the main panel to avoid it to be to crowded.
I agree it really differs from one usage to another though.
pinki wrote: And finally it would be soo nice to have audio file preview in the browser, not just loops.
You can use the tree view browser to do non loop sample preview.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by otristan on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan
KVRAF
1936 posts since 28 Mar, 2005

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:47 am

Muziksculp wrote:@otristan,

I would love to see you develop some high-quality Orchestral Libraries for Mach 5 v3

Currently this is totally missing from a great sampler like M5-v3

Hopefully, you are already developing this, or have plans to do so in the near future.

Thanks,

Muziksculp
I can't say anything but this may change in the future :)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan
KVRAF
1936 posts since 28 Mar, 2005

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:52 am

EvilDragon wrote:Why doesn't MF3 conversion convert NKIs by using layer rules? Seems fairly easy to copy Kontakt's group options to MF3 rules, at least to me...
This is not that fairly easy :)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

pinki
KVRian
618 posts since 2 Nov, 2006

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:53 am

otristan wrote:
pinki wrote: And finally it would be soo nice to have audio file preview in the browser, not just loops.
You can use the tree view browser to do non loop sample preview.
The problem is combing preview with search- the main browser does search and the sidebar browser does preview but neither both!

Thanks for your other replies.
..

User avatar
Muziksculp
KVRian
1483 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:58 am

otristan wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:@otristan,

I would love to see you develop some high-quality Orchestral Libraries for Mach 5 v3

Currently this is totally missing from a great sampler like M5-v3

Hopefully, you are already developing this, or have plans to do so in the near future.

Thanks,

Muziksculp
I can't say anything but this may change in the future :)
Hopefully, that would translate to more like in the 'near future' :D

Looking forward to a high-quality Orchestral Library for M5v3 !

Thanks,
Muziksculp

pinki
KVRian
618 posts since 2 Nov, 2006

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:09 pm

Yes agreed and what about independent libraries- the great profusion of original and innovative Kontakt libraries has been amazing. If I want to release a MF3 library in .M5p format, am I even allowed? What's the deal?
..

otristan
KVRAF
1936 posts since 28 Mar, 2005

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:22 pm

pinki wrote:Yes agreed and what about independent libraries- the great profusion of original and innovative Kontakt libraries has been amazing. If I want to release a MF3 library in .M5p format, am I even allowed? What's the deal?
The logic is similar to other sampler

You can freely release sample librairies that will require M5 to run. No need to licence anything whatsoever.

For librairies where M5 is not mandatory (and will be powered by UVIWorkstation), there is a licensing fees and you can get information by contacting info@uvi.net

Hope this answers your question

PS: I'm off to Italy for a week so I will not answer posts in the meantime :)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

pinki
KVRian
618 posts since 2 Nov, 2006

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:05 pm

Ignore Olivier I sussed it- sorry


Olivier just before you go......these layer rules, I'm really struggling to make them happen, I do exactly as it says in the manual but it just plays all the layers all the time and does not cycle them- what's wrong?
..

otristan
KVRAF
1936 posts since 28 Mar, 2005

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:37 pm

pinki wrote:Ignore Olivier I sussed it- sorry


Olivier just before you go......these layer rules, I'm really struggling to make them happen, I do exactly as it says in the manual but it just plays all the layers all the time and does not cycle them- what's wrong?
Can't check right now, but this should work

You create a root rule with the cycle option
then you create as many child as you have round robins, then you assign for each of those child the corresponding layer

HTH
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

pinki
KVRian
618 posts since 2 Nov, 2006

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:55 pm

Yes yes that was it, thanks.
..

digaldeman
KVRist
181 posts since 1 Nov, 2005

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:45 pm

EvilDragon wrote:... you can insert scripts at any level in the instrument...
What do you mean by at any level? Can you give us an example?

I would love to load a script and change the sound sources without affecting the script. For example, if I loaded an arp script, I would love to be able to audition other instruments/sounds without losing the arp.

I own Kontakt but it's GUI is annoying and slow. Kontakt is great for playing big libraries but is a PITA for sound design. I'm interested in the scripting for sound design so I'm trying to decide if I should stick with Kontakt or try MachFive. The iLok protection is a major turn off plus there is no demo.

MachFive 3 looks good on paper though but I'm also afraid of buying a MOTU product because I've read about their horrible support in the past. Also, MachFive 3 isn't very popular so development/maintenance may stop due to poor sales.

BTW, have you watched the Groove3 tutorial on MachFive? Is it any good.

Return to “Instruments”