Alchemy Player- CM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know if there is any difference between the Computer Music version of Alchemy Player and the free player on the Camel website?

I believe there may be a CM patchbank that you can't get from the Camel site. Other than that, it's pretty close IIRC.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I think this post answers the question. See Ben's post (3rd one down):

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=314925

Most helpful. Thanks. I guess I'll dump the standard one and install the CM version.

jsp1979 wrote:I think this post answers the question. See Ben's post (3rd one down):

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=314925

The extra presets available from CM will work with the version of Player downloaded from the Camel Audio site. Just download and install the presets from CM and you're good.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:The extra presets available from CM will work with the version of Player downloaded from the Camel Audio site. Just download and install the presets from CM and you're good.
...Or purchase Alchemy, get all those sounds of Player & CM (and more) and be extra happy with such an awesome instrument. ;)

I just bought issue 250 of computer music and Alchemy Player was not included in the downloads . Tried emailing computer music a couple of weeks ago but haven't got a reply. Any one know if the player is still available through computer music?

softsong2 wrote:I just bought issue 250 of computer music and Alchemy Player was not included in the downloads . Tried emailing computer music a couple of weeks ago but haven't got a reply. Any one know if the player is still available through computer music?
The last issue I bought was #247, and Alchemy Player was included on the cover disc. Maybe they dropped it?

I didn't get any replies to my emails either, but you could try phoning: +44 (0)1202 586 200

It looks as though it has been dropped - I could not see it on the cm#247 DVD here.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

If there was a contact for Camel, and Ben inparticular id love to know it, I have a few choice words for that little s**t.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

DarkStar wrote:I didn't get any replies to my emails either, but you could try phoning: +44 (0)1202 586 200

It looks as though it has been dropped - I could not see it on the cm#247 DVD here.
Its definitely included on the disc that came with #247. Its listed in the magazine too. Perhaps you're looking in the wrong folder?

EDIT: I just checked, and Alchemy CM isn't on the disc, altho, according to the magazine, it is. The most recent disc I have that does include it is #220. That was in September.

I had 2 Alchemy Player links saved (softpedia and cnet) but both have been taken down in the meantime too.

Seems like they dont want people to get it anymore even from 3rd party locations.

Sorry, would have been glad to help.

Have you checked filesilo?

It's definitely not available in the software for the latest (#251) issue of Computer Music, i checked earlier.

I'm surprised CM didn't drop it a lot sooner. I'd have thought Apple would want it removed immediately.

Return to “Instruments”