Waldorf Largo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo

KBSoundSmith wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:38 pm
AfriendofZ wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:37 pm Is this still using the Soft eLicenser by Steinberg?
No. It used to, but now it is doing a simple copy/paste license activation (up to 3x, I believe).
Thank you!

phreaque wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:56 am Which of Waldorf h/w synths has same oscillators as in Largo, namely the oscillator phase amount, free run & FM?
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Largo is mostly the same as Blofeld. I'm not sure what the differences are between the two engines, but I know there are definitely posts written about it, both at KVR and Gearslutz.

KBSoundSmith wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:41 pm
phreaque wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:56 am Which of Waldorf h/w synths has same oscillators as in Largo, namely the oscillator phase amount, free run & FM?
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Largo is mostly the same as Blofeld. I'm not sure what the differences are between the two engines, but I know there are definitely posts written about it, both at KVR and Gearslutz.
Comaprd to Largo the Blofeld has a PPG filter mode, has sample playback (for single samples or multisamples) and allows using custom wavetables (e.g. created with the AudioTerm tool).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

zvenx wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:29 pm
Hermetech Mastering wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:39 pm I've just downloaded the demo to check it out. It sounds great, but is completely unusable for me at the standard GUI size. Does anyone know if it's possible to increase it? I use a 55" 4k monitor and sit about 3 meters back, I can't see a thing. :) I did have a quick look online and in the manual but couldn't find any mention of changing the GUI size. I usually go with around 200%. It's a shame, as it will be a deal breaker for me.
Whilst I don't have a 55 inch 4k monitor, I felt more or less the same like you do and contemplated it for two days. But at $25, I figured if one day it got a GUI update that would be great, if it doesn't I wouldn't have lost out on much financially.
rsp
Good point, but I'm not gonna waste $25 on something I will possibly never use. Would rather pay more when it actually works for me. Not been updated since 2016 so not sure how likely it is.

I bought the Wavestation plugin when I was still on 1024/768, was fine then, but as soon as I moved up to HD, I couldn't use it, not to mention 4K. Was only when they released the update with scaling recently, that I could start using it again.

Ahh... ok we all have different budgets and how we justify buying stuff.
I imagine I won't ever use it as is, but $25 for me is ok to 'lose'. Absolutely nothing wrong if it isn't for you. I figure if there is ever a Largo 2, with new GUI etc, it will be cheaper for me to update than if I didn't have Largo (1).

It probably indeed will never be updated, but that 1.7.6 fixes Catalina Issues on the mac and High Sierra Alphabetization issues, I realise at the very least they are still doing minor updates. This also played a part in my decision making.
rsp
sound sculptist

Also supporting a great synth company is easily worth 25€

JunX wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:57 am
abi wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:04 am I get some random crashes while editing parameters in logic x. i send them the reports, anyone else experiencing crashes? latest logic and mojave versions....
I experienced the same crashes unfortunately, latest Logic Pro X with Mojave.
Maybe the bugs can be fixed if enough people send in bug reports, so please do so!

i tried to resist,few days hunger and pray,but in the end my addiction to discounted synths take over :)
There is something really special about these filters,some color,noise or else,which makes you dream :)
How can a weak person like me to resist to such perfection :)
Couldn't find reason not to buy it :)

Buckster wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:24 pm really pleased I bought this in the sale - some lovely PADs possible. This factory patch with some added help from Eventide plugins and internal effects in Largo disabled

love the subtle "fizzle" you seem to get with the low pass filter lower down - don't know how to explain but it sounds really nice

https://youtu.be/MMjyaHWgsv4
Ah man. You say to yourself you can’t buy yet another synth, even for $29 and even if you wanted a Blofeld for ages and this is pretty close. Then you get a $5 voucher but still you hold true to “no another synth, you have tons”.

Then someone posts this.

Come ON. I’m only human.

Just received an answer from support, the developers are working on a scalable GUI!

Though they also said that there is no estimated release date

abi wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:51 am Just received an answer from support, the developers are working on a scalable GUI!
Wow, that's awesome. Thanks for letting us know. :)

Some Largo presets (one preset at a time):

Lotuzia Largo 1
Lotuzia Largo 2
Lotuzia Largo 3
Lotuzia Largo 4

My favorite WT synth. Full of character and fantasy, with a sound of it's own.
Note : For those who could be interested : The soundbank should be somewhere on Waldorf site.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

abi wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:51 am Just received an answer from support, the developers are working on a scalable GUI!
Great news, maybe I will pick it up then, I have 10 days left to decide...

Ingonator wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:47 pm
KBSoundSmith wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:41 pm
Comaprd to Largo the Blofeld has a PPG filter mode, has sample playback (for single samples or multisamples) and allows using custom wavetables (e.g. created with the AudioTerm tool).
And the other difference is that Largo has Unison stereo spread which the Blofeld does'nt have + 256 note polyphony.

Return to “Instruments”