BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (OSX MIDI-FX is out)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
dbender
KVRist
366 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Post Sun May 03, 2020 1:27 pm

Great, any idea of when you will have the Mac version posted? Thanks

courtjestr
KVRist
252 posts since 25 Aug, 2018

Post Sun May 03, 2020 2:17 pm

graywolf2004 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:19 pm
bojanboyss wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:27 am
courtjestr wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:08 am
Don't I feel foolish now...
Exact same happened to me also :D
Im watching this forum because thats the only way to get informed about updates AFAIK. That or checking bluearp web page each day which isn't convenient. Maybe kvr product page but not sure if its regularly updated, gonna try.
Anyhow in this place is change-log unlike in all other. Wish there was mail subscription possible or kvr news item with each update with changelog.
Can you please check if skins are now OK?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eGPnV ... 9jRxr7QAVe
(hope you are on Windows cause I don't have access to my mac mini now to compile mac version)
I will post it to my web site as soon as I finish updating the manual.
Skins are working for me now with the update.

bojanboyss
KVRist
203 posts since 13 Jun, 2009

Post Sun May 03, 2020 2:45 pm

graywolf2004 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:19 pm
Can you please check if skins are now OK?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eGPnV ... 9jRxr7QAVe
(hope you are on Windows cause I don't have access to my mac mini now to compile mac version)
I will post it to my web site as soon as I finish updating the manual.
Extracted to separate folder and right away black gui. Reason: ini file was previously set to range out of current (default) skins. Maybe you can make it in such cases return to default if skin with that index number isn't found. It will probably be needed in rare cases anyway.
I just set manually in ini (skin_index=0), easy fix.

Tried all skins I have, a lot (30-50-maybe more), they all work. Haven't experienced any problems with the v2.3.1b. Just tested various skins loading, closing host, reopening, switching few times.

Yes, Im on windows (10).

ciros
KVRer
8 posts since 29 Apr, 2020

Post Sun May 03, 2020 3:01 pm

ciros wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:30 am
Hello.
I've noticed in changelog that now settings are located in the windows user directory for avoid filesystem permission problems. Its a good thing but this break the portability of BlueArp, that i think its important. I suggest to let the user choose the preferred settings location, system user or portable. Cause there is no installer (where normally an user could choose where to save the settings) maybe u could add an option directly into the plug-in?

Another thing is about the arpeggiator. I use Reaper, and BlueArp works really flawless. Only one thing seem to be bugged. Switching the arp mode from ON to THRU or OFF (and vice versa) works only if i switch it through the vst interface, clicking by mouse.
But If i add the arp mode envelope to my track, when the envelope go to ON BlueArp produces a buggy sound, like an heavily gated sound of the current played vsti (also if all the BlueArp stuff is set to default). Seems like the arpeggiator is not fully synchronized to daw and then produce only a part of the waveform (like first or last part). Thanks in advance.
Here the video: https://streamable.com/qfdkub

Antduaan
KVRer
7 posts since 3 May, 2020

Post Mon May 04, 2020 2:21 am

Hello

No everything is working fine, just the Arp stopping
I also try to install it on other PC with Ableton and its the same issue
Thanks
graywolf2004 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:28 am
Antduaan wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:53 am
Hi Guys

I have an issue with the Arp
My looping is not working and basically, when I press any note on the keyboard it stops after a few notes maybe 3-4 and not looping any idea why?

Thank you very much in advance
Can you be more specific (which OS, DAW, maybe a video clip with the issue). Cause from the description it's not clear for me what is wrong.
If you have your DAW stopped and pressing the keys, BlueARP will keep rolling its steps as long as something is pressed. As soon as you release all keys, it will stop after a small time-out (around 1 sec). This is as it should be. If you press PLAY in your DAW, BlueARP's steps will keep rolling no matter if you press keys or not.
Edit OK, now I see your video. Does Ableton freeze at this point or it is only BlueARP who freezes? I'm asking cause when BlueARP steps freeze, at the same time song position on the top freezes at 118:3:2. Maybe this is the case.

graywolf2004
KVRian
574 posts since 15 Apr, 2012 from Moscow, Russia

Post Mon May 04, 2020 2:50 am

dbender wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:27 pm
Worst case scenario - end of may, best case - today. I'm away from home, where I have my mac mini. I have remote connection to my home network from my windows laptop, but it works 50\50. So if it works, I will compile OSX version and post it tonight

graywolf2004
KVRian

Post Mon May 04, 2020 3:00 am

ciros wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 3:01 pm
Here the video: https://streamable.com/qfdkub
Thanks for video, I'll try the same in Reaper, I think it will be no problem to re-produce the issue.
As a workaround for you - use chains (current chain param). You can use 2 dummy programs for this 2: Silent Dummy and 3: MIDI Thru dummy. If you set number of steps to 0 for program 3, it will work exactly like global thru mode (with steps = 1 is is quantized)
Regarding storing .ini file - it slowly becomes rocket science, so for now I will leave it the way it is (storing in user directory), but will add this info to the manual (Installation chapter): that you have to remove this folder if you want to remove bluearp completely.
I believe many programs leave trace in this folder even after uninstall, so this is inevitable thing.

graywolf2004
KVRian

Post Mon May 04, 2020 3:02 am

bojanboyss wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:45 pm
... Extracted to separate folder and right away black gui. Reason: ini file was previously set to range out of current (default) skins. Maybe you can make it in such cases return to default if skin with that index number isn't found. It will probably be needed in rare cases anyway.
I just set manually in ini (skin_index=0), easy fix. ...
Thank for mentioning. Sure, I will implement this simple check. Also I made skin combobox 2x wider, case some skin names didn't fit.

dbender
KVRist
366 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Post Mon May 04, 2020 3:02 am

graywolf2004 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:50 am
dbender wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:27 pm
Worst case scenario - end of may, best case - today. I'm away from home, where I have my mac mini. I have remote connection to my home network from my windows laptop, but it works 50\50. So if it works, I will compile OSX version and post it tonight
Awesome, thank you very much!

ciros
KVRer

Post Mon May 04, 2020 5:47 am

graywolf2004 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:00 am
Regarding storing .ini file - it slowly becomes rocket science, so for now I will leave it the way it is (storing in user directory), but will add this info to the manual (Installation chapter): that you have to remove this folder if you want to remove bluearp completely.
I believe many programs leave trace in this folder even after uninstall, so this is inevitable thing.
the main problem isn't the trace after uninstalling, but to have a directory completely portable (portable daw with portable plugins) so its possible to work on 2 different machine-audio setups, that is, a common thing (home setup+studio setup for example). thks anyway

graywolf2004
KVRian

Post Mon May 04, 2020 5:55 am

ciros wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:47 am
the main problem isn't the trace after uninstalling, but to have a directory completely portable (portable daw with portable plugins) so its possible to work on 2 different machine-audio setups, that is, a common thing (home setup+studio setup for example). thks anyway
OK, now I see the point. Are you on Windows or Mac? On Windows, possible solution could be to look for BlueARP.ini in plugin directory first. If no luck, go to user directory.

graywolf2004
KVRian

Post Mon May 04, 2020 5:59 am

Quick update: BlueARP v2.3.1c pre-release
1. Likely all problems with legacy skins are fixed now
2. Updated English manual
3. For Russian speakers - finally I added manual in Russian

Windows VST:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uuuLP ... yv3ize4_X_
OSX VST
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16ms8B ... adgrLW9HrO
OSX MIDI-FX
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g1Esg ... kOdhTr0isw

PS. For Mac, it kinda blind compile. Can't do any testing cause remote connection to Mac is painfully slow.
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Tue May 05, 2020 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ciros
KVRer

Post Mon May 04, 2020 6:13 am

graywolf2004 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:55 am
ciros wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:47 am
OK, now I see the point. Are you on Windows or Mac? On Windows, possible solution could be to look for BlueARP.ini in plugin directory first. If no luck, go to user directory.
yes, could be a better solution. i'm on windows

ogill1111
KVRer
28 posts since 13 Feb, 2006

Post Mon May 04, 2020 2:42 pm

Hi 2.3.1c does not show additional skins. Only default, Also the ‘skin’ option in the Menu is missing. I’m on OSX using 64 bit blue arp in Ableton live.

graywolf2004
KVRian

Post Tue May 05, 2020 6:39 am

ogill1111 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:42 pm
Hi 2.3.1c does not show additional skins. Only default, Also the ‘skin’ option in the Menu is missing. I’m on OSX using 64 bit blue arp in Ableton live.
Skin option is now on the left panel, settings page (was mentioned somewhere before)
I checked in REAPER on OSX, skins are fine.
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 17.32.26.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”