BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

graywolf2004 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:09 pm So the question is - is there any demand for M1 Mac version of bluearp already?
You can count me in as interested! :)

graywolf2004 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:09 pm So the question is - is there any demand for M1 Mac version of bluearp already?
Would be nice :)

Updates: I compiled the vst versions for mac m1. Did a basic tests in Reaper and FL studio (yep, it has m1 version already!). Had crashes in FL studio and spent several hours, found a GUI bug which other hosts apparently tolerated, but thanks to FL I found it )
My mac has hiRes display and I noticed that on hiRes screen the GUI scales up 2x times, so one bitmap pixel becomes 2x2 pixels on the screen. It prevents it from being tiny, but reduces the quality, cause I have now 200% scale which would look much better if drawn pixel-precise. I had a hard time with apple dev documentation yesterday, but halfway found it out, so hopefully the next release will look better on mac hiRes/Retina displays.
As for the MIDI-FX version, it just doesn't work, plugin not recognized by Logic Pro. Even auval doesn't see it. First I was thinking it is my fault, but looks like a common problem. Other midi fx plugins do not work as well, I tried Kirnu Cream demo. So here we can only wait for the updates.
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PS. If someone on mac M1 manages to run midi-only AU (MIDI-FX) plugin in Logic Pro, please let me know. I tried Logic Pro in both native M1 and Rosetta mode, no luck. BlueARP 2.3.7 is not recognized as well, which runs fine in logic on my older i5 mac mini.

Definitely interested, and if you can solve the timing issues at high buffer settings I would love you forever!!! 😇

ollie.rollover wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:41 am Definitely interested, and if you can solve the timing issues at high buffer settings I would love you forever!!! 😇
I know about this problem, but I'm not sure if it is even possible to fix. Do you have any other midi plugin (kirnu, nora, etc.) which has no timing issues, while bluearp has, with the same settings? And if yes, can you tell the DAW and OS you use? Cause I know there's a deltaFrames parameter, which should delay your MIDI messages into the audio frame, but either FL gives a sh*t about it, or I'm doing something wrong...

quick update note: I'm 80% finished to make bluearp scale up in hiRes on Mac retina displays. By default, OSC scales it up 2x, so each pixel is shown as 2x2 pixels on the screen. Which makes it look quite crappy, and the absence of ClearType on OSX makes it even worse. But in hiRes - it looks fine. I had to implement more scaling options and adjust the WDL code a bit.
This photo is taken from the screen of my macbook pro 16", 100% scaling option (which is actually 200% for HiRes displays)
20211117_210545_2.jpg
PS. Should work for Windows/4k displays the same way, after some adjustments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello Oleg,
just a post to say a big huge THANK YOU !
I have a Yamaha MO8 with an arp patch I love. I couldn't recreate it nor on my Kurzweil Forte neither on my Virus Ti.
I also tried in Cubase with Arpache SX vst but without success.
I found your vst plugin on a forum. I managed to do it in less than 5 minutes, awesome.
I'm the happiest man on earth right now.
Thank you also for maintaining compatibilty with latest Apple chips and macOS.
I've just donated for your work.
THANK YOU !!!!!!!

I'm very interested in an M1 version of BlueArp. Godspeed!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:07 am I'm very interested in an M1 version of BlueArp. Godspeed!
+1

Hi, I attached some new skins I created recently. Many thanks to the developer for giving us this wonderful application!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks Robert, good to see you here :)
Now add the other skin come on :D

Hi, Oleg! Thank you for many years of pleasure, since I first started using BlueArp. I have made many hundreds of pieces of music with BlueArp, and I use it almost every day, for the past 7 years. Thanks!
Andy

graywolf2004 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:53 am
kbostroem wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:21 pm Hi there,
I have an overwhelming desire to sequence more pressed keys then just k1..k5. More precisely I would love to use k6..k8. Is this already possible or is this a missing feature? If so, would it be a bad idea to not include it in a future update?
Best
Kim
PS: Is this the right forum and topic to post such stupid questions that might be disguised feature requests? I'm a bit lost in view of these 96 pages...
There wasn't such a feature request before. To be honest with you, it's unlikely I will add that. Firstly, I don't see much sonic use of such a feature. If you give me good musical example of such arping, I will maybe change my mind (or describe your use-case scenario in more details). Myself - I rarely go beyond 4 keys.
Secondly, there are some technical limitations. Since key select lane is polyphonic, I store it as a bit-matrix, 1 byte per step, 8 values max (now I have 7 bits - k1-k5, Fix, Root, only 1 bit extra left). So maximum I can add without big changes is k6, which won't make you happy anyway.
will k6 be added?

Afraid it won't. Doesn't fit.

Return to “Instruments”