V-Station 2.0 is out (64 bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V-Station

Yeah, with C/R copy protection. :roll: I may just stick with 1.7, since I can use my serial code with it for any system, at any time.

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Hell yeah!

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

Hmm.. Changelog? Better sound? o.O

C-R is not a problem, you guys are bloody overreacting! You can generate the licence file from a computer that's online, then just transfer the file to your DAW and install it. Totally a non-issue. The file even gets e-mailed to you so you can use it on any number of computers, and basically as I figured it out, you just do this once and you're done with it.

A complete non issue.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I must be going blind because I can't find any upgrade info. I have a V-Station license, but I haven't installed it or used it in years - is this a free upgrade/update?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Any engine updates? 64-bit bit is nice, but for a "2.0" update, you would think they could overhaul the sound engine...

Egh, nevermind. I don't even care what has been updated if it's using C/R. There are plenty of better synths out there that don't require that garbage.
Last edited by sockofgold on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Upgrade info:
V-Station 2.0 incorporates a new authorization procedure.

Please follow the steps below based on your previous usage of V-Station (1.7 and earlier)

N.B You must be connected to the Internet to authorize

Procedure to authorize (V-Station (1.7 and earlier) previously installed and authorized):

1. Load V-Station

2. When prompted by the splash screen click "Activate"

3. Enter your details on the Focusrite e-store page

4. Your V-Station code will be auto-completed

5. Click Submit

6. An authorization file (.fnlf) will be downloaded

7. Return to V-Station, click "Install"

8. Navigate to and select the downloaded authorization file (.fnlf)

Procedure to Authorize (V-Station previously owned but not installed):

1. Load V-Station

4. Enter your 10-digit serial number

5. Click Submit

Procedure to Authorize (V-Station new purchase):

1. Load V-Station

4. Enter your 16-digit serial number

5. Click Submit

Focusrite Audio Engineering Limited.

sockofgold wrote:The point is that is requires an authorization server to be able to use it, and one cannot count on that always being available. It's not a "non issue" at all.
It's totally a non-issue. I just authorized it, got the licence file, AND got it in my inbox. I moved that to my inbox "stash" which never gets deleted. That's about it. Just gotta do this ONCE. And never again.

This is totally fine by me.

EvilDragon wrote: It's totally a non-issue. I just authorized it, got the licence file, AND got it in my inbox. I moved that to my inbox "stash" which never gets deleted. That's about it. Just gotta do this ONCE. And never again.

This is totally fine by me.
Sorry, I misread your original post and didn't fully understand what you said. I tried to edit it, but you caught me before I could save it. My mistake! :)

Personally, I still am not a fan of C/R protection and won't bother dealing with it just for a single synth, but your information is useful to those who don't feel as strongly about it as I do.

I think that x64 is really worth it, and they really made their C-R not a hassle, well it was done in a minute. Not really jumping through hoops.

keel wrote:Hmm.. Changelog? Better sound? o.O
Nope, just 64-bit and updated VST SDK compilation.

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote:Yeah, with C/R copy protection. :roll: I may just stick with 1.7, since I can use my serial code with it for any system, at any time.

--Sean
Well arent you da travelling musician installing softwares on 100s of computers every week. :hihi:

Yes 64Bit/VST3... The new license C/R was not a problem.

Return to “Instruments”