Sq8l by buchty

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this isnt available on the Mac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSClI-eZp_M

i have an ensoniq ESq-1 so i know how its supposed to sound, its pretty close though the ESQ-1 has an analogue filter and its also a limited sampler

guys on the Pc check it out if you haven't already

http://www.buchty.net/ensoniq/#sq8l

(its on the bottom of the page)
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Old news are old. We, the PC guys know it for ages already. :D

One of my favorites! :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Really Marco, go to a thrift store or someplace and get a cheap pc, it won't hurt I promise.

Ha ha! Real-Marco's posts are hilarious. Nobody makes freeware for Mac other than cut-down payware versions.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

It's sad, that butchy, hasn't released sources, since there's no plans to develop sq8l anymore =(

This synth lacks automation and lot of other stuff, but it has it's own unique sound.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:It's sad, that butchy, hasn't released sources, since there's no plans to develop sq8l anymore =(

This synth lacks automation and lot of other stuff, but it has it's own unique sound.
Tru dat.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

david.beholder wrote:It's sad, that butchy, hasn't released sources, since there's no plans to develop sq8l anymore =(

It's his business, his code, his future plans, and there is already a glut of
synth and dsp code for anyone inclined and able to use it.
It is sadly rude to beg for the mans code after using his
fine free instrument for years.

glokraw wrote:

This synth IS limited, in a way that makes working with it cumbersome and annoying. Moreover, the limitations are introduced deliberately, so this synth may serve as an appetizer for his planned payware synth, that never was released. Therefore I suppose REMOVING these limitations wouldn't be hard at all, if the developer has no plans to further improve it or release the paid-for synth. Why he's not doing that, I tend to think he doesn't care. The other option is that he has plans for the future but that's highly unlikely, if you ask me.

ostfront wrote:
glokraw wrote:

This synth IS limited, in a way that makes working with it cumbersome and annoying. Moreover, the limitations are introduced deliberately, so this synth may serve as an appetizer for his planned payware synth, that never was released. Therefore I suppose REMOVING these limitations wouldn't be hard at all, if the developer has no plans to further improve it or release the paid-for synth. Why he's not doing that, I tend to think he doesn't care. The other option is that he has plans for the future but that's highly unlikely, if you ask me.
I'm not sure if this is true but I read in an old thread that the developer became sour over the lack of donations from people who downloaded and used sq8l. He may have seen the low support as evidence that his talent wasn't worth enough to people for him to continue and that maybe a pro version wouldn't have been worth the time.
miedex

This was not made by Rainer Buchty.
Siegfried Kullmann did the programming on this encredible VSTi
Rainer helped with the source code from the original synth then.
That's why it is so close to the real Ensoniq SQ80.
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Its actually opposite, its very good to keep asking developer about his creation, it will make him reconsider working on it again if people still care.
I know that from own experience when people were asking about games i created and people gave me very healthy bits of motivation so please dont talk like you know how it is.

i dont understand why kullmann didn't realised the full version. sure many would pay for it.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

realmarco wrote:
i have an ensoniq ESq-1 so i know how its supposed to sound, its pretty close though the ESQ-1 has an analogue filter and its also a limited sampler
Interesting. Everyone I know who owns an ESQ-1 says it sounds exactly the same. In fact you can load all your favourite ESQ-1 sysex patches into it and compare them 'head to head'; there is nearly no difference. They did an amazing modelling job!

Also there are already threads on the SQ8L on KVR. We've known about this VST on KVR since it came out a few years ago. But thanks for the reminder about this amazing synth!
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

olepro wrote:

This was not made by Rainer Buchty.
Siegfried Kullmann did the programming on this encredible VSTi
Rainer helped with the source code from the original synth then.
That's why it is so close to the real Ensoniq SQ80.
Did they work on DSP for any other VSTs after SQ8L?

bwwd wrote:Its actually opposite, its very good to keep asking developer about his creation, it will make him reconsider working on it again if people still care.
I know that from own experience when people were asking about games i created and people gave me very healthy bits of motivation so please dont talk like you know how it is.
I'm intrigued. What games did you work on?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”