Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

Teksonik wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:48 pm Well that was a ton of fun today getting to know Spire. It's an intuitive synth to program and has a very nice character that's going to fit in well with the other synths in my folder. It's got one of the finest GUIs in the land that is so crisp, sharp, and "hi-def". :tu:

Here's five patches. Nothing special just some "getting to know you" patches learning my way around Spire's architecture.
I find it nearly impossible that it took you this many years to get Spire ;) I mean I believe you and all but for someone who's been on this board for so long it just seems impossible. Love Spire.

Ploki wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:05 pm oh man, should i re-buy spire, finally get dune, or finally get FabFilter Twin2 i've been wanting for so long
yes
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

rezoneight wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:02 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:48 pm Well that was a ton of fun today getting to know Spire. It's an intuitive synth to program and has a very nice character that's going to fit in well with the other synths in my folder. It's got one of the finest GUIs in the land that is so crisp, sharp, and "hi-def". :tu:
Here's five patches. Nothing special just some "getting to know you" patches learning my way around Spire's architecture.
I find it nearly impossible that it took you this many years to get Spire ;) I mean I believe you and all but for someone who's been on this board for so long it just seems impossible. Love Spire.
Well for one I could never justify the full price due in large part to having so many other synths in my folder.

I tried the demo several times over the years and it just never spoke to me enough but for under $100 it was easy to justify.

I like Spire and it will no doubt gain a place in my starting lineup but to be honest it's not my favorite synth. But "one of my favorites" is certainly possible.... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It surely can't just be me but almost every single time (4 in 6) if I am playing midi in Cubase 11 through spire and I press the suspend plugin button, then press it again to make the plugin work again there will be a stuck note.

It only happens when in poly mode, if i switch it to mono mode the stuck notes stop, but if I engage poly mode again the stuck notes start again. Resetting midi (panic) does nothing to resolve it.

What's that all about?
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

That's weird I got a stuck note today as well. I don't own Cubase and to be honest don't remember which of my DAWs I was using at the time. Panic or "all notes off" didn't work here either. I think I had to shut the project down and open a new one.

I've only owned Spire for a few days but I have spent quite a bit of time with it and the stuck note has only happened once.

I just wrote it off as an unknown glitch and didn't really pay much attention to it but I'll keep an eye out if it happens again and try to gather more information.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:03 pm That's weird I got a stuck note today as well. I don't own Cubase and to be honest don't remember which of my DAWs I was using at the time. Panic or "all notes off" didn't work here either. I think I had to shut the project down and open a new one.

I've only owned Spire for a few days but I have spent quite a bit of time with it and the stuck note has only happened once.

I just wrote it off as an unknown glitch and didn't really pay much attention to it but I'll keep an eye out if it happens again and try to gather more information.
Yeah I think it must be connected to the synth being deactivated and reactivated whilst it is sounding notes. Which I tend to do as a way to mute temporarily something whilst layering.
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

kenny saunders wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:51 pm It surely can't just be me but almost every single time (4 in 6) if I am playing midi in Cubase 11 through spire and I press the suspend plugin button, then press it again to make the plugin work again there will be a stuck note.

It only happens when in poly mode, if i switch it to mono mode the stuck notes stop, but if I engage poly mode again the stuck notes start again. Resetting midi (panic) does nothing to resolve it.

What's that all about?
That would most likely be a bug you should report to Reveal Sound rather than waste our time posting about it on KVR.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

kenny saunders wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:03 am Yeah I think it must be connected to the synth being deactivated and reactivated whilst it is sounding notes. Which I tend to do as a way to mute temporarily something whilst layering.
Ok I wasn't muting the synth at the time so should not have caused a stuck note but again let me work with Spire some more and if it happens again here I'll report it. It could have just been a one off glitch. :)
Gadget Fiend wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:34 am That would most likely be a bug you should report to Reveal Sound rather than waste our time posting about it on KVR.
Well to be fair posting about it here (or posting about any issue with any plugin) allows other users to contribute by saying "yes this happens to me" or "no this never happens to me".

That helps to determine if it is indeed a bug or just some system specific issue only happening to one user.

I have no information to give at this point since I don't even remember which DAW I was using and it could just be a one off glitch that will never happen again. I'll keep working with Spire and if I get a stuck note again I'll take note of what actions I was taking at the time, which DAW etc and then I can have something to report to Reveal Sound support. It's only happened once here so far so I'm not willing to classify it as a bug yet. Could very well have been the DAW's fault or maybe I just did something stupid...... :shrug:

Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:56 am Well to be fair posting about it here (or posting about any issue with any plugin) allows other users to contribute by saying "yes this happens to me" or "no this never happens to me".

That helps to determine if it is indeed a bug or just some system specific issue only happening to one user.
Word. People frequently post here about problems with software, and help is frequently provided. It is not a waste of time, and it is woven into the fabric of the forums.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Not to mention that Reveal Sound reads and posts stuff here.

Gadget Fiend wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:34 am
kenny saunders wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:51 pm It surely can't just be me but almost every single time (4 in 6) if I am playing midi in Cubase 11 through spire and I press the suspend plugin button, then press it again to make the plugin work again there will be a stuck note.

What's that all about?
That would most likely be a bug you should report to Reveal Sound rather than waste our time posting about it on KVR.
Okay sir, can you please furnish me with a list of things I am allowed to talk about so as not to waste your ineffably valuable time?

lol u cretin.

Since the previous page had a short discussion on libraries and the ones by Reveal Sounds were recommended, I'd like to point out I just noticed their EDM Bundle is currently on a massive sale. 6 libraries in 1 for $30. Over 650 sounds in total with some WAV one shots and loops. I'm tempted to pick it up myself.

https://reveal-sound.com/store/product/ ... EDM_Bundle

Join our Christmas sale with 50% off!
www.reveal-sound.com

Mighty tempting.

vega555 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:38 am Join our Christmas sale with 50% off!
www.reveal-sound.com

I was wondering when you guys plan on fixing the stuck notes issue? It's a great synth but notes getting stuck is annoying,

Many thanks.

Return to “Instruments”