New Sonic Arts Granite Wishlist

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
highkoo
KVRAF
3756 posts since 26 Jun, 2004

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:24 pm

Sync to the Speed and that other knob I cant think of the name of, would also be crazy super dope too. 8)
ImageImage Image

newsonicarts
KVRist
224 posts since 26 Jun, 2010

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:35 am

HcDoom wrote:How do I choose only a fragment of the sample to be played and destroyed further? Whenever I choose the part of sample I want, something weird happens or I cannot snap it precisely and that yellow line always records how I move my mouse, which is good, but like I said, I cannot be precise....Any help is appreciated.
Sounds like you are dragging on the red arrows? That will record your mouse movements. If you just want to move the marker, drag anywhere else on the blue line...
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts
KVRist

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:41 am

Krakatau wrote:Reset function when browsing through large preset libraries would be helpful, IMO
Maybe you are looking for the "New" function on the main menu? That resets all parameters to default.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Neon Breath
KVRAF
2893 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:44 am

New Granite update coming new James? 8)

newsonicarts
KVRist

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:55 am

Ok... I hear you all regarding sync :) I guess this is the biggest feature request by now. It's a big thing, actually multiple features as being able to sync modulation recordings is one topic and being able to sync the loop length and grain times are other topics. It's definitely interesting but it's not going to be anything in the next 1.x update (should be something in the next couple months) as it needs some deep changes, probably nothing for a 1.x, period. But I wouldn't rule it out for *someday* in the future... but right now efforts are rather concentrated on a new product... [ok couldn't resist teaser]
Last edited by newsonicarts on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Neon Breath
KVRAF
2893 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

newsonicarts wrote:... but right now efforts are rather concentrated on a new product... [ok couldn't resist teaser]
That's awesome news man :tu:

Keep us updated...

Krakatau
KVRAF
5446 posts since 25 May, 2002 from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:17 pm

newsonicarts wrote:
Krakatau wrote:Reset function when browsing through large preset libraries would be helpful, IMO
Maybe you are looking for the "New" function on the main menu? That resets all parameters to default.

:oops: ...likely

Krakatau
KVRAF

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:56 pm

double post...

Krakatau
KVRAF

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:58 pm

newsonicarts wrote:
In fact not exactly...

...I',ve just finished to create a huge library using custom samples and the issue i have to face occurred whith presets using large sample + slow grain motion + retrigger function disabled :

- when you change presets it can make a while when the sample included in the current preset sounds and so you can't surf and listen quickly to a lot of presets one after another to find the one you'd need more accurately

Using the reset button before re-activating the current preset solves the problem more quickly but looks more like just a poor workaround ..!

:(

newsonicarts
KVRist

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:18 am

Krakatau wrote:
newsonicarts wrote:
In fact not exactly...

...I',ve just finished to create a huge library using custom samples and the issue i have to face occurred whith presets using large sample + slow grain motion + retrigger function disabled :

- when you change presets it can make a while when the sample included in the current preset sounds and so you can't surf and listen quickly to a lot of presets one after another to find the one you'd need more accurately

Using the reset button before re-activating the current preset solves the problem more quickly but looks more like just a poor workaround ..!

:(
To be honest I'm not sure I understand you. In general the preset loading times are very fast, a fraction of a second typically so im not sure why you are having problems. Do you mean to say that you want to disable the tail of the previous preset when you switch to the next?

If you could clarify or if anyone else can shed some light here would be appreciated!
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

sandbags
KVRist
164 posts since 5 Apr, 2009 from Berkshire, UK

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:16 am

What I could see myself wanting is is a way to create "scenes" in terms of the sample loop & modulation points.

For example I might find 5 or 6 promising regions of the selected sample that I want to be able to switch between or, better yet, morph between. For some value of "morph".

Does that make sense?

I'm also finding the zooming a bit fiddly so any improvements there would be nice.

Lastly it would be useful if Granite had some memory about sample folders I use often.

I can see myself getting a lot of use from Granite. Given how many granular tools I have available (including many I've made myself in Reaktor) that's quite something to me.

Kind regards,

Matt

Krakatau
KVRAF

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:45 am

newsonicarts wrote:. Do you mean to say that you want to disable the tail of the previous preset when you switch to the next?
If you could clarify or if anyone else can shed some light here would be appreciated!

Seems to Be the problem...

yellukhan
KVRian
1311 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi
i don't know is this is suggested before
what if we could assign start position(s) to multiple Keys..
for example
press to C1 on your keyboard and define the start position while pressing to the keyboard and release the key then press to another key (D1 for example) define start position again then release the keyboard...
create assigned keys as you need...E1 ,F1, F#1 so on...
then play from keyboard ! create progressions / drones with more control.

(btw i have Time Freezer and it was great to use with this way,
but its 32bit unfortunately so little bit problematic to my workflow...
off topic...anyway.)
back to the suggestion
imo it would be awesome to have this ability!

Best Regards
Yıldırım.

damstraversaz
KVRian
536 posts since 1 Mar, 2004 from france

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:21 pm

yellukhan, that'sa nice idea !

here is another

crossfade loop synth from expert sleepers have a nice feature about the play mode, and I 'm finding two of them very useful, it can be a great addition to granite :

Global - playback restarts at the last position played, regardless of the notes involved.

Per Note - each MIDI note (i.e. pitch) has its separate memory of the position it last
stopped playing.

for crossfade loop synth, the trigger envelope works at each note of ( for granite attack and release), and that's really great, ou can tweak the sound as you want.

best,
Damien

Elektronisch
KVRAF
2249 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: New Sonic Arts Granite Wishlist

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:39 am

No offence but this is uterly stupid idea to start a preset playback up on the instrument loading.

And there is no even explaination how to init the instrument.

Return to “Instruments”