Korg M1 and Wavestation constantly needing Authorization (over and over)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Check the Yahoo group "Korg Legacy Users" someone on it got a fix suggestion direct from Korg, It was caused by Windows updates. Do you connect your PC to the internet to install windows updates??
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

Well mine was totally offline and never connected when it happened to me, I only connected when I first installed the Daw and all the plugins, so I don't believe that to be the cause when mine kept needing authorisations as no windows updates where to be had after the initial update when connected...

I have just stopped using korg VSTi for this reason, I emailed korg a year ago, nothing.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I had this problem. Korg support was useless, they sent me instructions for a Mac when I clearly told them I was on windows.

In my case, I was able to make it work by disabling all the network adapters in the device manager, aside from my main wired internet adapter.

I am experiencing issues right now. I had a problem with my XP system and had to restore it from backup. Now, Korg instruments demand authorization. I go to the issue, re-issue the authorization, the screen shows a message that it is valid, but... nothing. Next time I try to launch the instrument, the very same message appears.

I don't know what can be wrong. I never experienced these issues before.
Fernando (FMR)

Is your set overloaded? I sometimes get issues with authorization when my system is low on resources.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Is your set overloaded? I sometimes get issues with authorization when my system is low on resources.
No, absolutely. I suspect it has something to do with my cleaning. I installed a new anti-malware software, because I was victim of a malware attack, and I did a deep cleaning. Unfortunately, Korg Legacy instruments and also my language corrector are having authorization issues now.
Fernando (FMR)

Solved. Thanks for the help.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr, How did you solve it?

bill45 wrote:fmr, How did you solve it?
I noticed that, among others, there was a folder called LM inside Program Data/Korg. Since there isn't any plug-in with those initials, I assumed it should be something like "License Manager". I opened it and there was a file called "licenses.txt". The file was corrupted by the malware that attacked me, and somehow the authorizers were unable to write on it.

What i did: I created a new, empty text file with the same name, and copied manually into it the responses given by Korg site. Each response in one line, with an empty line line between them. I then copied the file into the Program Data/Korg/LM folder. And "voilà"... everything was working again :-)
Fernando (FMR)

Thanks, been thinking of getting this collection. The m1 le is great.
The EFX sound awesome, from what I've heard.

shanecgriffo wrote:I want to use it on a new computer actually.. Does any one know if that is a tricky operation ? S'pose I should go to korg to check.. Just thought I'd ask here first ;)
I did install all of the Korg legacy in 4 OSes. I bought them all separately, not as one bundle (Korg legacy). So, you just go to your account and click "re-issue license code", choose the instrument you want to authorise and enter the locking code (you have it when you install the software), then click next and you would have a new license code you can copy and paste to activate your soft.

I don't know the limit really of how many times you can install. I did it 4 times already and didn't have any problem, and neither I have any problem of re-authorising problem (but I guess because I haven't change any hardware in my systems).

I've gotten the auth dialog several times over the years. I noticed recently when opening a reaper project that I got the dialog, instead of clicking the authorize button I simply canceled the dialog, quit reaper, reopened the project, and everything was fine. Something like that... I'll verify the steps next time it comes up... (I may have opened the standalone after quitting reaper, can't remember).
You need to limit that rez, bro.

It would be good if you could kbaccki. I'm actually afraid to commit to running the collection in a project, just in case I run into authorization problems later on. If there's a way around it, I'd like to know.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Ok, so it coincidentally just happened to me with 2 x monopoly in a reaper project. Dialog said some thing like "you already have a license on this computer blahy blah blah. Do you want to reauthorize yada yada". Or words to that effect. I clicked
"No" twice on the first, second dialog popped and I clicked "No" twice again. Reaper popped it's own dialog saying it couldn't load/find Monopoly. So far... uh... so good? Quit reaper, restart, load same project... no problem. Everything there as it should be.

Using latest Monopoly 1.1.0, 32-bit, from Feb/Mar 2013 update.

There appears to be three relevant files:

...\ProgramData\Korg\LM\licenses.txt
...\Users\<foo>\AppData\Roaming\Korg\LM\hyclm.xml
...\Users\<foo>\AppData\Roaming\Korg\LM\Licenses.txt

hyclm.xml gets updated each time I load the reaper project or monopoly standalone... If I remove/rename it gets recreated.

licenses.txt under ProgramData has 5 entries, while the one under Users has 12 -- 12 happens to be the same number of DLLs installed in VSTPlugins...

I've just renamed licenses.txt under ProgramData... I started Monopoly standalone no problem, AFAICT... see if ditching that file makes a diff. My guess is between sleeps/reboots Windows is reassigning things, like network adapters, which throws off the license manager. That said, it *appears* to know that valid licenses are already installed, and allows you to ignore the dialog... which is a little weird if you think about it...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Return to “Instruments”