Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nuance

Caine123 wrote:
Andywanders wrote:
Caine123 wrote:how is it compared to Battery 5? if you already have Battery 5?
There's a Battery 5..?

:o
corrected it now ;)
Phew..!

Can it "Latch" a 4 bar sample to loop?
I'd like to be able to start and stop a loop without having to hold a key down on the keyboard.
cant see it in the Gui

........acually, I can start it, I just can't stop it.
Rankonfile
| Forte 3 | BloXpander | Cubase 7
Plugins used : NI Komplete 8 | Halion 5 | OrangeTreeSamples instruments | Omnisphere | SynthMaster 2.6 | Tone 2 Saurus | Lounge Lizard EP-4 | Stylus RMX - etc.

OK so this has exs24 sample support now but all my Logic samples are on a USB drive - anyone on Mac know how to navigate to external drives using the Nuance browser? - it seems to only take me as far as the top level of my main HD.

aMUSEd wrote:OK so this has exs24 sample support now but all my Logic samples are on a USB drive - anyone on Mac know how to navigate to external drives using the Nuance browser? - it seems to only take me as far as the top level of my main HD.
A quick (and slightly dirty) solution would be to make a shortcut to the drive or folder in the folder where Nuance usually is pointed at.

Oh good idea - thanks - once there hopefully I can then favourite the drive

Actually I just realised I can see the USB drives, just not using the arrow to move up a notch (which was only taking me to the top level of my drive) But if I hover the mouse over the arrow a popup appears, I must just not have left it hovering long enough before, it seems to need a second or so to appear.

Turns out it's now working properly anyway - sample instruments that load fine in Logic just give me a missing samples dialogue in Nuance - I can't be bothered to repoint every one - I was hoping to have an alternative to the EXS outside Logic.

Could it be that those patches are monolith files? Nuance can not load EXS24 patches where the samples are embedded into the patch, only where the sample are referenced.

However, if its not a monolith, then you do not need to repoint every sample in a given patch. You can either just repoint the missing folder, or just repoint the first sample and it will automatically resolve the rest.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Does this plugin really not load REX files?

nuance is great, i've been using for some years; all my drum libraries run from it. and there are 2 drum soundsets available for it, both excellent (great sounds, great EQ). logic's exs is useful for some things, but nuance is easier to work with (i can try out samples without committing)...

It's definitely a great plugin. The biggest win for me is it's sheer simplicity – it gets out of your way and doesn't try to do too much (minor: some deeper FXs would have been nice). However, I still can't believe it doesn't support REX loops!

terminus_one wrote:It's definitely a great plugin. The biggest win for me is it's sheer simplicity – it gets out of your way and doesn't try to do too much (minor: some deeper FXs would have been nice). However, I still can't believe it doesn't support REX loops!
does vice support rex files? i have it, use it (rarely, but i do use it). i don't have any rex files, but...worth looking into perhaps...

fisherKing wrote:
terminus_one wrote:It's definitely a great plugin. The biggest win for me is it's sheer simplicity – it gets out of your way and doesn't try to do too much (minor: some deeper FXs would have been nice). However, I still can't believe it doesn't support REX loops!
does vice support rex files? i have it, use it (rarely, but i do use it). i don't have any rex files, but...worth looking into perhaps...
Nope

Can anyone confirm that nuance is in fact cpu light?? I did some testing on logic with the cpu activity monitor, and compared to some common vst synths ( Ace, arturia...), I didn't notice a big diffrence in cpu hit.

How did you manage to load vst plug-ins in Logic?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Instruments”