Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nuance

stamp wrote: I would like to see mute/solo buttons on groups in drum mode (midi mappable of course).
You can mute / enable any Groups/Layer by clicking the black dot on its item in the list. There is indeed no Solo at the moment though, and MIDI learn is fairly unlikely to be added I have to say (for optimisation reasons, these power buttons are technically not 'real-time' properties that adhere to live-performance level constraints, unlike knobs for example).

As for timestretch, absolutely not promising anything here, but it is something we are seriously looking into. I can say it is on the official wishlist.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

James,

Can we see a sample scroll through the source folder on a pad. Ie loading a hi hat from the hihat folder and a back and forward arrow on the waveform display that will scroll through said folder?

I may not have the very latest version, so forgive if this is ill informed, but it seems a basic functionality that is missing. There is the search icon which navigates the browser back to the folder but this then requires extra steps of auditioning and dragging the sample onto the pad. It's nice to have a beat running and just scroll through samples until something good is found.

Sorry that was a bit inaccurate as you can just double click on the sample, but still I'd like to see scroll functionality!

arrowhead samples wrote:Can we see a sample scroll through the source folder on a pad. Ie loading a hi hat from the hihat folder and a back and forward arrow on the waveform display that will scroll through said folder?
There is a workflow for this already: after clicking on the Magnifier icon (as you said) you need to make sure that the File Browser has Cycle Mode enabled. This is the two circular arrows (like a recycle icon) at the bottom left of the browser. When this is on you can step through the sample list with the arrow buttons or cursor keys, loading the sample direct to the selected Pad.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:
stamp wrote: I would like to see mute/solo buttons on groups in drum mode (midi mappable of course).
You can mute / enable any Groups/Layer by clicking the black dot on its item in the list. There is indeed no Solo at the moment though, and MIDI learn is fairly unlikely to be added I have to say (for optimisation reasons, these power buttons are technically not 'real-time' properties that adhere to live-performance level constraints, unlike knobs for example).

As for timestretch, absolutely not promising anything here, but it is something we are seriously looking into. I can say it is on the official wishlist.
I know.
The problem is when you start layering sounds. So if my snare gruop is made up of three layers I have to mute all the layers to mute the snare.
Worse case is when I want to hear my snare in isolation; only (fast) way is to stop playback and trigger the snare with mouse/controller.
This is not ideal because there could be automation/modulation going on and you need to hear the snare in isolation while it's playing.

Please consider adding mute/solo buttons on the groups (even if not mappable). Solo button on layers would be nice but not as important as mute/solo on groups.

One more question. Is it possible to copy layers between gruops?

Thanks!

PS: You should do a couple of youtube tutorials to attract new customers. There is near zero information on the net about Nuance anf that's a pity cause it's a really cool sampler.

Thanks for the educational reply..

I guess that teaches me for not reading the manual..!

Will be looking into V2 features

stamp wrote: The problem is when you start layering sounds. So if my snare gruop is made up of three layers I have to mute all the layers to mute the snare...
Ok I see what your mean. Then it was a terminology misunderstanding, as Groups are layers in official Nuance terminology (actually layers are just an particuar usage-case of Groups). But i get it, what you want is a function to Mute/Solo a whole Pad. Makes sense and should be easy to add a pad context menu entry.
stamp wrote: One more question. Is it possible to copy layers between gruops?
Yes, since V2. Either by context menu Copy/Paste items, or you can drag-duplicate with Alt. You can also Copy/Paste or drag-duplicate pads too (copying all layers).

As for videos, for sure it something on the list to add official quick overview videos (at least) for all products).
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Another request for an old school time stretch algorithm fx. Been playing with the one in Tal Sampler and it took me back, and it can sound so creative and interesting.

Any news on V2?

V2 will finally be released this month, hopefully next week week. Actually, v2.01 is available in the User Area already (and since some weeks already) as a public beta. The reason for the delay is marketing related, so as soon as that side of things are ready that build will be released as the official release.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:V2 will finally be released this month, hopefully next week week. Actually, v2.01 is available in the User Area already (and since some weeks already) as a public beta. The reason for the delay is marketing related, so as soon as that side of things are ready that build will be released as the official release.
Nice!

There's a bug with multiediting. When selecting more then one pad of a layer the on/off switch for the amp env doesn't work as expected: the change isn't applied to all pads just the last selected before multiselecting. Same goes for the buttons in the pitch section and the selector of number of voices for the unison.

stamp wrote:There's a bug with multiediting. When selecting more then one pad of a layer the on/off switch for the amp env doesn't work as expected: the change isn't applied to all pads just the last selected before multiselecting. Same goes for the buttons in the pitch section and the selector of number of voices for the unison.
Well spotted, thanks! That was an easy fix, so a new build with that fixed is in the User Area now.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:Well spotted, thanks!
You're welcome! :wink:

To the dev, have you guys ever considered incorporating a drum style sequencer into the plugin?

Raddler1 wrote:To the dev, have you guys ever considered incorporating a drum style sequencer into the plugin?
No, because our instruments integrate with Freestyle for that purpose.

Here's an old video demonstrating this, skip to about 1:38 if you are only interested in Nuance.

Freestyle/Nuance/Vice Drumloop Tweaking
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Return to “Instruments”