TAL BassLine-101

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
djanthonyw
KVRAF
7136 posts since 20 Jul, 2004

Post Sun May 05, 2013 5:25 am

From their Twitter feed ( https://twitter.com/ToguAudioLine )

SH-101 vs unfinished BassLine-101 Plugin

First audio demo.

http://kunz.corrupt.ch/downloads/mp3/sh ... sic_01.mp3
You are currently reading my signature.

chk071
KVRAF
22455 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Sun May 05, 2013 5:31 am

Once again almost indistinguishably close. What i find a bit of a shame though is that they are working again on an emulation of a very, very limited synth. I wished they would develop the Noizemaker into something really big. But well... seems like emulations are more there department, so good luck with this. :) Not for me this though.

zvenx
KVRAF
7327 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Sun May 05, 2013 5:31 am

Close enough for me :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

BDeep
KVRAF
2735 posts since 13 Feb, 2012 from Amsterdam

Post Sun May 05, 2013 5:42 am

Is it me? It strikes me as odd that there doesn't seem to be a difference in noisefloor between the sw and the hw.

That being said, I'm really glad this seems to be shaping up, instabuy for me.

Endor-8o8
KVRian
1035 posts since 29 Apr, 2012 from Paris

Post Sun May 05, 2013 5:47 am

Is there a release date ?
"It is better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep."

Kriminal
Banned
18682 posts since 2 Oct, 2001 from England

Post Sun May 05, 2013 5:52 am

chk071 wrote:Once again almost indistinguishably close. What i find a bit of a shame though is that they are working again on an emulation of a very, very limited synth. I wished they would develop the Noizemaker into something really big. But well... seems like emulations are more there department, so good luck with this. :) Not for me this though.
True, it is an emulation of a limited synth (by todays standards) but its nice to see an accurate one that has some essential additons without being bloated with unrelated features, thus maintaining the essence of the original :wink:

sound demo sounds very good 8)

Numanoid
KVRAF
25895 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Sun May 05, 2013 5:56 am

djanthonyw wrote:From their Twitter feed ( https://twitter.com/ToguAudioLine )

SH-101 vs unfinished BassLine-101 Plugin
Interesting, so will this compete directly with LuSH-101 ?

Will it be payware of freeware?

nilhartman
KVRian
516 posts since 15 Feb, 2012 from France

Post Sun May 05, 2013 6:02 am

Can't listen to the audio example right now, but if they nail the 101 sound then it's an instant buy for me.
No problem to me if it's as limited as a real 101, au contraire. As long as it sounds as good.

Igro
KVRAF
4171 posts since 26 Apr, 2007 from Noosphere

Post Sun May 05, 2013 6:11 am

wow. Sounds really really close!

izonin
KVRian
1212 posts since 27 Oct, 2009

Post Sun May 05, 2013 6:13 am

Now this is quality. It's interesting to see which direction soft-synth development will go with these new achievements.

antto
KVRAF
2516 posts since 4 Sep, 2006 from 127.0.0.1

Post Sun May 05, 2013 6:15 am

more cpu power, less compromises ;]
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.freenode.net >>> #kvr

chk071
KVRAF
22455 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Sun May 05, 2013 6:15 am

Numanoid wrote: Interesting, so will this compete directly with LuSH-101 ?
Well LuSH-101 has a lot of things the real thing has not, and the TAL one will probably be as close feature wise as TAL-U-NO-LX, so not really comparable.
Numanoid wrote: Will it be payware of freeware?
As far as i read, payware. I bet it won't be very far from TAL-U-NO-LX's selling price though.

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12921 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Post Sun May 05, 2013 6:16 am

chk071 wrote:Once again almost indistinguishably close. What i find a bit of a shame though is that they are working again on an emulation of a very, very limited synth. I wished they would develop the Noizemaker into something really big. But well... seems like emulations are more there department, so good luck with this. :) Not for me this though.
Exactly my view. It is a bit of a shame he wastes his talent and time on such simple Roland stuff. Just like with the Juno clones before, there already is an older freeware version of that synth by TAL. The difference between this free and a paid version will be small again, and there will be way fewer people buying it compared with the Juno.

Meanwhile I am still waiting for Noizemaker to have more than 6 voices ^^

If he is into emulations now, why not do another synth, like a excellent SEM emulation - unlike the Arturia one.

DuX
KVRAF
3754 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from Underworld

Post Sun May 05, 2013 6:18 am

I'm sure it will be payware, since Patrick has invested so much time into refining his programming skills, and providing us with a ton of nice plugins in the process. He absolutely deserves to get something from it, finally. ;)

I look forward to this new one with great expectations. It will surely be a knock out VSTi. Yay! :D I used to own SH-101, and it was so much better than 303. Not as favourite as my Jupiter-4, but a different beast, really nice synth for jamming. It will be nice to have it as VSTi!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

fluxmind
KVRist
165 posts since 18 Jan, 2012

Post Sun May 05, 2013 6:57 am

First part in each example sounds more real, oscillator sounds more aggressive, with more bite, Filter almost identical, but oscillator sounds weak compared to second part. Reminds me of my comparison between monark and Diva oscillators.
It would be cool, if it turned out to be, that the first part was emulation :lol: But it won't I guess, judging from the file name.

Return to “Instruments”