Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
mcbpete
KVRian
1488 posts since 24 Jun, 2006 from London, England

Post Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:48 am

discoDSP wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:53 am
Old filters using double the CPU is not subjective :hihi: if the person who designed the filters decided the new ones were better at the time is something to consider. But yes, each to his own.
It took me a [very long] while but I finally found two older sources pre-the filter change

Looks like the change was done in September 2014: viewtopic.php?p=5877832#p5877832

And here's two forks I've found from before then:
Feb 19 2014 - https://github.com/olilarkin/Obxd/tree/master/Source
Apr 13 2014 - https://github.com/orbitfold/Obxd/tree/master/Source

surreal
KVRian
1216 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Re: Obxd synthesizer

Post Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:29 am

I see the version on the Discodsp site is not free and is $49, besides the previous versions is there a later version that is free?

zzz00m
KVRAF
1829 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:32 am

surreal wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:29 am
I see the version on the Discodsp site is not free and is $49, besides the previous versions is there a later version that is free?
It is still free, but you are welcome to make a $49 donation if you like! :D
OB-Xd has no restrictions and is free to use. Buy to support further development, thank you!
https://www.discodsp.com/obxd/
Windows 10; with instruments from AAS, Ableton, AIR, Ample Sound, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, PreSonus, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, UVI, Vember Audio, Waves, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...

surreal
KVRian
1216 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Post Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:38 am

Thank you for clearing that up!

Vortifex
KVRian
1257 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:57 am

albertodream wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:47 am
Vortifex wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:50 am
Can someone explain why the pitch modulation works on some patches and not others? In the following screenshots the first example works and the second example doesn't. What's the really obvious thing that I'm missing here?
The Sync in the oscillators?
Nope, didn't make a difference. Still can't work it out. Ah well.

Elektronisch
KVRAF
3074 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Post Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:55 pm

zzz00m wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:32 am
surreal wrote:
OB-Xd has no restrictions and is free to use. Buy to support further development, thank you!
No its not. You only have "buy" option

EDIT: thats on a mobile page, you have to check desktop version website

zzz00m
KVRAF

Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:18 am

Elektronisch wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:55 pm
zzz00m wrote:
surreal wrote:

If you click on that link, it will take you to the OB-Xd page. Click on the "Download" button there, choose your OS, and download it. Just tried it, still works! :D

FYI: it's open source with a GNU General Public License. The license is attached to the download archive.
Windows 10; with instruments from AAS, Ableton, AIR, Ample Sound, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, PreSonus, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, UVI, Vember Audio, Waves, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...

Elektronisch
KVRAF

Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:44 am

zzz00m wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:18 am
Elektronisch wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:55 pm
zzz00m wrote:
surreal wrote:

If you click on that link, it will take you to the OB-Xd page. Click on the "Download" button there, choose your OS, and download it. Just tried it, still works! :D

FYI: it's open source with a GNU General Public License. The license is attached to the download archive.
As i state previously if you are browsing... :)

On mobile (on smartphone) version it only gives Buy
On desktop version it gives download and buy :)

zzz00m
KVRAF

Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:25 am

It's not a mobile app, so not sure why you would be trying to download it from a mobile...

Elektronisch
KVRAF

Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:31 am

zzz00m wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:25 am
It's not a mobile app, so not sure why you would be trying to download it from a mobile...
Maybe i download stuff to my mobile and move it to Desktop? i know some of my colegues have made internet access restricted to their studio computers.

But thats not the point :)

zzz00m
KVRAF

Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:54 am

Elektronisch wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:31 am
zzz00m wrote:
Maybe i download stuff to my mobile and move it to Desktop? i know some of my colegues have made internet access restricted to their studio computers.

But thats not the point :)
Maybe you should contact the developer and ask him why he is not correctly following the principles of responsive website design?

Make Your HTML-Website Suitable for Mobile Devices
https://www.instructables.com/id/Make-y ... e-Devices/

glokraw
KVRAF
6813 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:32 pm

zzz00m wrote:
Tethering downloads by phone can save the price of monthly internet.
Phone services often limit the downloads, but for some people,
the typical 8 gig high-speed/more get's throttled allowance
is good enough. Or in hard times, is a great option.

Another annoyance is websites that detect the OS,
and thus restrict downloads arbitrarily. Costs more to implement,
while lessening customer service :dog:
Cheers

zzz00m
KVRAF

Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:30 pm

glokraw wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:32 pm
zzz00m wrote:
Tethering downloads by phone can save the price of monthly internet.
Phone services often limit the downloads, but for some people,
the typical 8 gig high-speed/more get's throttled allowance
is good enough. Or in hard times, is a great option.

Another annoyance is websites that detect the OS,
and thus restrict downloads arbitrarily. Costs more to implement,
while lessening customer service :dog:
Cheers
Well it is what it is, so I would contact the developer if I had an issue with it. :help:

It appears that he chose to restrict the free binary download on mobile devices for some reason, or perhaps that's just an oversight. For Windows it's only 6.6MB, so not a huge download in this particular case.

Hermetech Mastering
KVRian
1041 posts since 30 May, 2003 from Paris

Post Sat May 04, 2019 9:11 am

Just wanted to say thanks for this amazing little freebie. The only soft synth I have previously loved was Tyrell N6, but for my current project I wanted a lot of Oberheim style pad sounds. There are some in the various N6 banks, but it was a headache going through them all. I just installed Obxd and it's Oberheim pad heaven, right there in some banks, with no faffing around. Thank you!

discoDSP
KVRAF
4082 posts since 18 Jul, 2002 from Spain, Europe

Post Sat May 04, 2019 9:35 am

Hermetech Mastering wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:11 am
Just wanted to say thanks for this amazing little freebie. The only soft synth I have previously loved was Tyrell N6, but for my current project I wanted a lot of Oberheim style pad sounds. There are some in the various N6 banks, but it was a headache going through them all. I just installed Obxd and it's Oberheim pad heaven, right there in some banks, with no faffing around. Thank you!
Appreciated 👍🏼 Hopefully tomorrow I will share some amazing new regarding OB-Xd 😉

Return to “Instruments”