Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

discoDSP wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:09 pm
JoeDeF wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:49 pm…the installer is failing for me…
You're welcome. What is exactly happening? I just checked here on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and everything seems OK.
The installer runs through until the summary, then it gives a generic failure screen. At the top it says "an error occurred during installation." Below that it says: The installation failed. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

I'll mention that, though Mojave is causing quite a few software package installation failures due to a lack of permissions, usually the problem is noted in the System Preferences - Security & Privacy - General pane, where a message saying "“System software from developer [XXXX] was blocked from loading” and an "Allow" button to grant permissions appear, that did not happen with the Obxd failed installation (i.e. -- nothing about the failed installation shows up in the System Preferences - Security & Privacy - General pane).

This is all just FYI, in case it is an issue that extends beyond my computer.

I think I need to notarize the installer and standalone app. It is a new requirement for latest macOS Mojave and the incoming Catalina update.

macOS installer has been updated. It installs the updated skins now.

Mac: https://www.discodsp.com/download/?id=2
Windows: https://www.discodsp.com/download/?id=3
Linux: https://www.discodsp.com/download/?id=9

can't save and load banks or presets in ableton live 10 .
fmr OB-Xa Patch Book bank , missing presets from prev version , like magnetic bass etc .
if you can make arrows on the skin to switch presets that would be great.

Amram wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:04 pm can't save and load banks or presets in ableton live 10 .
fmr OB-Xa Patch Book bank , missing presets from prev version , like magnetic bass etc .
Any more details about it? Was it possible with 1.4? Afaik presets have not changed at all.

Amram wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:04 pm can't save and load banks or presets in ableton live 10 .
As always when reporting a suspected or alleged bug, please specify your Windows or Mac system version!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

discoDSP wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:07 pm
Any more details about it? Was it possible with 1.4? Afaik presets have not changed at all.
here :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

No idea which bank are you talking about. I have compared 1.4 and 1.5 bank folders and they are exactly the same.

discoDSP wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:35 pm No idea which bank are you talking about. I have compared 1.4 and 1.5 bank folders and they are exactly the same.
don't know why but i saw it on fmr bank but after i switched programs i found it under "Rin Elyran bank"

can you make a little screen with the name of the presets and arrows to switch .

Program navigation is pending. Probably for the next release.

discoDSP wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:02 pm Program navigation is pending. Probably for the next release.
please add save and load presets , banks , in the vst au vsti

:tu:

That's a host concern but yes, also pending.

Gotta say we've not always seen eye to eye George (ahem) but the classic GUI is probably one of the easiest to read I have, especially with my older eyesight. Thank you.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Thanks ramseysounds. Appreciated!

I almost agree... I would have just avoided the red on black for the letters and for the lit buttons.

Color Blindness Considerations for Designers and Content Managers

Being affected by a strong genetic protanopia on dark backgrounds, I'm in that case. I even can't read anything red on black on the picture shown in the previous page. It is my wife who told me where are the lit buttons and what is written in the display. So of course I totally can't use this skin despite its awesome result for the rest.

George, could you change that red for a much better contrasted color ? Yellow for example, or pale blue. These two colors don't put almost any problem to the population when on black backgrounds.
:hug:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Oh, I didn't knew your issue :( Get the original blue ones instead:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”