Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Thanks, how do we install extra skins? I can't find the folder in Windows.

courtjestr wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:19 pm Obxd 1.5 crashes in Linux with an illegal instruction. Ubuntu 18.04. Reaper, Waveform10 and running Obxd application.
No issues here with Ubuntu 18.04 and Renoise or Obxd app.

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:43 am Thanks, how do we install extra skins? I can't find the folder in Windows.
Documents > discoDSP > OB-Xd > Skins

roodegar wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:05 pm Hi all,

A couple years back I made a skin for myself but never shared it until now. I wanted one that looks as close as possible to the original OB-Xa and so I went and did some photoshopping. Here's what I came up with:

Ruekin OB-Xa Classic Screenshot.png

I also updated it to have the 32 voices for version 1.5 (Thanks to studio4!).
If you like it you can download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucw6q9vrtygku ... c.zip?dl=0

Thanks and enjoy!
Nice. Can I add it to the installers?

discoDSP wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:08 am
roodegar wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:05 pm Hi all,

A couple years back I made a skin for myself but never shared it until now. I wanted one that looks as close as possible to the original OB-Xa and so I went and did some photoshopping. Here's what I came up with:

Ruekin OB-Xa Classic Screenshot.png

I also updated it to have the 32 voices for version 1.5 (Thanks to studio4!).
If you like it you can download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucw6q9vrtygku ... c.zip?dl=0

Thanks and enjoy!
Nice. Can I add it to the installers?
Of course, that would be great. Thanks, George!

Cheers,
Rüdi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

discoDSP wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:08 am
Hermetech Mastering wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:43 am Thanks, how do we install extra skins? I can't find the folder in Windows.
Documents > discoDSP > OB-Xd > Skins
Thank you!

roodegar wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:47 am
Of course, that would be great. Thanks, George!

Cheers,
Rüdi
Okay, I have included it with the official 1.5 release ;)

https://www.discodsp.com/obxd

What's new
  • New classic GUI: Image
  • VST3 support.
  • Default skin changed to discoDSP Blue.
  • Polyphony raised to 32 voices (thanks to Shane Dunne).
  • Windows (code signed), macOS (notarized) and Linux standalone apps.
  • Updated framework.
  • Drop down menu fixes and enhancements.
  • Preset browser (using drop down menu with right click or ctrl/cmd click on the GUI).
  • Fixed unsorted banks listed on drop down menu.
  • Compiled with VS2019, XCode 10.3 and Ubuntu 18 GCC 7.3.
  • Rewritten macOS installer with Packages app.

discoDSP wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:07 am
courtjestr wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:19 pm Obxd 1.5 crashes in Linux with an illegal instruction. Ubuntu 18.04. Reaper, Waveform10 and running Obxd application.
No issues here with Ubuntu 18.04 and Renoise or Obxd app.
Just because you have no issues on your particular configuration does not mean that there are no Linux issues period. It crashed on two of my Ubuntu 18.04 boxes in exactly the same manner. I recompiled Obxd on those boxes and it worked fine. I don't mind compiling my own, but I thought you as a developer would like to know that there might be problems and might want to get to the root of the problems.

courtjestr wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:18 pm Just because you have no issues on your particular configuration does not mean that there are no Linux issues period. It crashed on two of my Ubuntu 18.04 boxes in exactly the same manner. I recompiled Obxd on those boxes and it worked fine. I don't mind compiling my own, but I thought you as a developer would like to know that there might be problems and might want to get to the root of the problems.
I do appreciate your efforts to communicate the issues with Ubuntu 18.04. What I'm trying to say it is a single report from all the people who has downloaded the Linux build, so it's very likely to be a isolated case.

The setup I'm building OB-Xd is using JUCE 5.4.3 and Ubuntu 18.04 without any recent system upgrades, just the ISO and the required components to compile. Also, it has been used with the linker flag -no-pie to make the app run properly. Any discussion regarding the differences between the systems used and why the error is happening on yours is welcome.

Edit: I have compiled it again but using 5.4.4 this time. https://www.discodsp.com/download/?id=9 Any feedback is welcome!

discoDSP wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:38 am I do appreciate your efforts to communicate the issues with Ubuntu 18.04. What I'm trying to say it is a single report from all the people who has downloaded the Linux build, so it's very likely to be a isolated case.

The setup I'm building OB-Xd is using JUCE 5.4.3 and Ubuntu 18.04 without any recent system upgrades, just the ISO and the required components to compile. Also, it has been used with the linker flag -no-pie to make the app run properly. Any discussion regarding the differences between the systems used and why the error is happening on yours is welcome.

Edit: I have compiled it again but using 5.4.4 this time. https://www.discodsp.com/download/?id=9 Any feedback is welcome!
Thanks for this. I am surprise no one else is having issues. I have tried it on five different Ubuntu 18.04 computers, all with different configurations and they all exhibit the same behaviour. I even set up a virtual machine with the latest version of 18.04 and just booted off the ISO without installing Ubuntu in case there is something funny with the way I set up the machines. The copy of Obxd I downloaded from here died in exactly the same way on all machines. The version I compiled does run fine. I did not use --no-pie in the linker but I don't know if that would make a difference or not. I also used Juce 5.4.4.

Did you try the latest build? I recompiled it with JUCE 5.4.4. Also, can you upload your compiled version and the sources or howto somewhere so I can compare and test? Thanks.

Yes, I tried the latest build. I'll upload what I have later today.

Thanks, appreciated!

I also tried latest Linux build of Obxd, on KDE Neon with all updates. Linux VST of Obxd64 doesn't show up in Reaper after scanning VST directories.
Using Windows VST2 version with Wine and LinVST works. Using Windows VST3 version with LinVST3 also works.

Here is a link to a folder containing the compile source of OB-xd.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19D10ah ... sp=sharing

@stumpydj, If you want to try my version of OBxd, just replace Obxd64.so in ~/.vst with the one found on my google drive. It loads fine in Reaper on my machine.

Note that I had to edit the OB-Xd.juce file and delete the appicon.png line to get Projucer to generate the makefile because there was no Source/Images/appicon.png. Of course, I also had to download the VST SDK from Steinberg and point Projucer to it in order to produce a Linux VST. I used vstsdk3610_11_06_2018_build_37.zip.

Return to “Instruments”