Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Yeah, will think about something more convenient.

Until George comes up with something else, I think some of the confusion about the themes is that you have to put the entire Themes folder (and, obviously, its contents) into your Documents/DiscoDSP/OB-Xd folder. Don't just put the themes/skins themselves into the OB-Xd folder. So when you're done, you'll see Documents/DiscoDSP/OB-Xd/Themes. The individual themes/skins will be inside that folder.

From some of the posts here, I think some have inadvertently put the Themes folder into either the DiscoDSP folder, or put the contents of the Themes folder into the OB-Xd folder.
zzz00m wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:25 pm
planetearth wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:43 am
Using the VST3 version in the latest build of Cakewalk by Bandlab, I don't see any indication of which preset is in use, or any way within the synth to change presets.
I get this issue when using the release 1.5 version of the VST3. It just says "No Preset" in the plugin preset window within the upper bar of the Cakewalk plugin window, and the dropdown menu there is blank. But the VST2 version always shows the patch in use there, and the dropdown shows the list of available presets in the chosen bank.

I can also confirm that there is a similar issue in Ableton Live 10 and Studio One 4 with VST2 vs. VST3.
If the issue regarding not being able to see preset names was also in the v1.5 version of the VST3 version of OB-Xd, it's probably a good idea to stick with the VST2 version for now.

I'm George and his team are working diligently on this, so hopefully, this will help people use the synth without having to message him about the Themes or missing presets. :)

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

That wasn't the issue.
The folders were in the right place. A settings XML was the problem.

There are new nightly builds https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/

- Gray skin now has menu lines in black instead white.
- If current GUI from Settings.xml is not found unsupported, you still will be able to use the menu to change it as well as load programs and banks.

New nightly build with HiDPI (Retina) themes and preset recall fixes.

https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/

Is obxd interchangable between windows and linux?
I've made a project on windows with obxd in bitwig but on linux bitwig complains that obxd is missing, however i can add a new track with obxd in it, so it's there.
different id's on windows and linux?

Second. Automation doesn't work. If i want to record the automation and move the knobs, nothing is recorded. If a draw automation, Obxd doesn't react on it.

No id if this is problem with obxd or bitwig.

Haven't tried cross platform project compatibility. It should work as they use the same IDs.

Try 2.0 nightly build to see if automation works.

Cheers,
George.

cajmere wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:36 am Is obxd interchangable between windows and linux?
I've made a project on windows with obxd in bitwig but on linux bitwig complains that obxd is missing, however i can add a new track with obxd in it, so it's there.
I've test it in Tracktion Waveform 11 and it is interchangable. Is it the vst2 version in your windows edit?

PS. Just looked again, Linux vst is Obxd64.so while windows is - Obxd.dll. Maybe that the case, cause I have Obxd.so (linked) too.
Last edited by Kott on Thu May 14, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

discoDSP wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:42 am Haven't tried cross platform project compatibility. It should work as they use the same IDs.

Try 2.0 nightly build to see if automation works.

Cheers,
George.
Automation in Nightly build works as aspected with windows plugin.

Kott wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:29 am
cajmere wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:36 am Is obxd interchangable between windows and linux?
I've test it in Tracktion Waveform 11 and it is interchangable. Is it the vst2 version in your windows edit?
How do you mean in my windows edit?

Just installed vst2 plugins(obxd 1.5) on windows and linux.
Made a project file, saved it and Copied whole project folder to my linux desktop.
U-he plugins are found like expected, the obxd not.

By "edit" I mean "project".
Windows version of Obxd has vst3 and vst2 dlls.
See my edit about file naming viewtopic.php?p=7765288#p7765288

Kott wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:39 am By "edit" I mean "project".
Windows version of Obxd has vst3 and vst2 dlls.
See my edit about file naming viewtopic.php?p=7765288#p7765288
Ok, didnt notice about vst3 also. Apparently bitwig shows by default the vst3 versions above vst2 if the plugin has a vst3 version. So i didn't saw the vst2 in my list. That will be the cause and make sence :). Thank you for pointing to this. So i'll be

And automation works with vst2, but only when i draw it. Recording it and changing the knobs in the GUI doesn't work. After playing the drawn automation you hear the sound changing but the knobs don't move.

Now lets hope i can save the patch of vst3 and open it in vst2 versions :).

Am I missing something? It looks like there haven't been any nightly build updates since May 10. I'm not trying to rush George, but I wanted to see if there was a newer version out there. (Thanks again, George!)

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

discoDSP wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:18 am New nightly build with HiDPI (Retina) themes and preset recall fixes.

https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/
Those look very nice :tu:

Any idea when those will arrive in the final version?

The third skin is so much better than the upper two, which have a strange format (too long) and labels are too small. And the sections seem a bit inconsistent, vibrato rate and envelope velocity are not a voice variation thing.
I don't wanna come across as a racist, but the white skin is by far the ugliest :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”