Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Calenberger wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:45 pm
e-crooner wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:15 pm a saw is not a saw.
Rene Magritte
(or someone else with similar mind set)
a raven and a writing desk :ud:

vurt wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:47 pm
Calenberger wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:45 pm
e-crooner wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:15 pm a saw is not a saw.
Rene Magritte
(or someone else with similar mind set)
a raven and a writing desk :ud:
Edgar Allen Poe, you are alive?
How about a bottle of cognac?

poe, no, carroll.
?why is a raven like a writing desk!

This anglo-saxon-american culture is full of traps for a Teutonic poet.
Just like a rabbit hole (or a well).

e-crooner wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:06 pm There will soon be two way superior emulations of that synth from Synapse Audio and Arturia, so what is the future of that free plugin, anyway?
The Disco OB is selling at $49.00 which I very much doubt Synapse will match so there's still a bit of life in it yet. Granted one more nail in its coffin though.
I am not sure but what is the difference between the Disco free version and the payware version on the Disco website?

I don't get their pricing scheme, either.
In their shop it is about 27 euros, on their product page it says 49 dollars (46 euros).
I understand that they want users to "donate", but I wonder what they mean by supporting further development. The synth has the same features as years ago. What features are planned for the future? Does Disco DSP even have the know-how to add features to someone else's source code?

e-crooner wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:14 pm
I understand that they want users to "donate", but I wonder what they mean by supporting further development. The synth has the same features as years ago. What features are planned for the future?
If they really want users to donate they should have a donate button.
The way they are doing it now seems like str8 up deception.
Still if that is how they want to conduct themselves then so be it.

e-crooner wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:14 pm The synth has the same features as years ago. What features are planned for the future? Does Disco DSP even have the know-how to add features to someone else's source code?
Check https://github.com/reales/OB-Xd/tree/de ... nt?files=1

discoDSP wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:16 am In light of the ongoing pandemic of COVID-19, Julian Pollack / J3PO has created a free patch bank for OB-Xd Desktop to encourage staying at home and diving into your own creativity.

Download is available at his website https://www.julianpollack.com
Thanks to Julian Pollack for the great sounding patches! Maybe someone can help me here:
I tried to get the free bank into OB-XD. I'm using Cubase 10 on Windows. The VST3 version of OB-XD doesn't read the .fxb format at all. The VST2 can read it, but will only import the bank into the internal Cubase browser (Media Bay), but they won't appear in OB-XD's own built in preset list.

What do I need to do to properly import a .fxb bank into OB-XD?

Kazi7 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:02 am What do I need to do to properly import a .fxb bank into OB-XD?
Place the bank at Documents > discoDSP > OB-Xd > Banks folder and load using Right click on GUI (v1.5) or clicking the menu item > Banks (v2.0).

New nightly builds. Skin implementation is getting discussed at viewtopic.php?p=7776362#p7776362
  • Implemented Themes image 1x and 2x assets load for proper display on non Hi-DPI systems (work in progress).
  • Updated code to build and compile using latest JUCE 5.4.7 framework.
https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/

discoDSP wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:13 am
Kazi7 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:02 am What do I need to do to properly import a .fxb bank into OB-XD?
Place the bank at Documents > discoDSP > OB-Xd > Banks folder and load using Right click on GUI (v1.5) or clicking the menu item > Banks (v2.0).
Thanks!

Is the Learn feature broken? It seems wildly inconsistent at the moment. I can get it working but sometimes it takes a LOT of attempts. I expect the procedure to be:

1. Click Learn
2. Move knob on GUI
3. Move knob on Controller
4. Repeat steps 1-3 for other knobs

Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. I'm clicking Clear and moving a knob and sometimes that will help. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I'll repeat the same steps 15 times and the 15th time it will suddenly work. Not sure what's going on.

Would also be great if the MIDI Learn Settings were saved globally in the Settings.xml document.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:41 pm Is the Learn feature broken? It seems wildly inconsistent at the moment. I can get it working but sometimes it takes a LOT of attempts.
1.5 or 2.0 release?

discoDSP wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:47 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:41 pm Is the Learn feature broken? It seems wildly inconsistent at the moment. I can get it working but sometimes it takes a LOT of attempts.
1.5 or 2.0 release?
2.0 release with the new skins and banks. Latest nightly build.

The Learn will work, but it's very spotty. Some knobs/buttons will catch on the first attempt and learn no problem. Others require multiple efforts but will eventually map with enough stubbornness on my part.

Return to “Instruments”