Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

carrieres wrote: nice, can you share with me the Blender file ?
Thanks
Sure, ill be happy to share it once its finished.

(Still need to add some texture and do some tweaking/cleanup but when its done youre welcome to have it.)

ENV1 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:59 am
carrieres wrote: nice, can you share with me the Blender file ?
Thanks
Sure, ill be happy to share it once its finished.

(Still need to add some texture and do some tweaking/cleanup but when its done youre welcome to have it.)
thanks you very much, i struggle to get the light right in Blender :love:

ENV1 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:07 am So apparently 2DaT modelled the oscs and PW after the OB-8.

(He said its a mixture of several OB- models so i guess thats OK.)

I always thought he used the Xa as the main reference, so thanks for helping to clear this up.
Actually, the OB-Xa PW operates identically on the OB-X, OB-Xa, and OB-8. The OB-X had X-Mod, but neither the OB-Xa or OB-8 had it.

One major omission on the OB-Xd is in the vibrato section. The OB series has a separate vibrato oscillator that can be assigned to either VCO 1, 2 or both. It has it's own rate and depth controls, here is the description from page 16 of the OB-Xa manual:

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 10.43.42.jpg

Also missing on the OB-Xd is the ability to have the pitch bend lever affect VCO 2 only, (for guitar style double-stop bends).

From page 17 of the OB-Xa manual:

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 10.45.01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Osc 2 Only is there, but maybe it depends on the skin you use (that's a guess). It's the bottom right on the Control section here:

You also have independent control of the modwheel vibrato rate in the tweaks section, but yes, no ability to determine the destination oscs for MW vibrato only.

Right.. good to know. All of these inconsistencies should be addressed at some point.

zmix wrote: Actually, the OB-Xa PW operates identically on the OB-X, OB-Xa, and OB-8.
Well if thats true then the author who wrote the Xa review on Amazona magazine must have been fantasizing.

(In which case the point is moot.)

ENV1 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:28 pm
zmix wrote: Actually, the OB-Xa PW operates identically on the OB-X, OB-Xa, and OB-8.
Well if thats true then the author who wrote the Xa review on Amazona magazine must have been fantasizing.

(In which case the point is moot.)
The maximum pulse width on the OB series is 50%, unlike other synths that may vary from 5% to 95% or more.

From page 15 of the OB-Xa service manual:
Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 13.45.27.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yeah, in the meantime ive downloaded the Xa manuals myself and its even more explicit in the User Manual:

obxapw.png

Serves me right for believing something someone said on the internet. :hihi:

ENV1 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:57 pm Yeah, in the meantime ive downloaded the Xa manuals myself and its even more explicit in the User Manual:

obxapw.png

Serves me right for believing something someone said on the internet. :hihi:
I posted that section here yesterday as well, from page 26 of the OB-8 manual, in case you missed it:

viewtopic.php?p=7782111#p7782111

Yeah, but mine was from the Xa manual.

(Anyway, i consider the case closed.)

What i would much appreciate now is an answer to my 32bit question.

Hey discoDSP, I know you're busy and I thought I had everything resolved with your synth but I've got one more thing really bugging me. You remember how I had this problem with the skins and banks not loading? Yeah well I just saw the J3PO Banks and I absolutely love them! But I cant get them to work within GarageBand!!!! Its driving me crazy... I can use the alt-click function and all the banks/programs & skins within the standalone obxd but not in the DAW... Any idea how we could fix this issue once and for all? It seems to be some kind of permissions issue or something where the AU component cant access my Documents folder....

Cheers

Hi All,
Can I download somewhere a preset, like the famous "Van Halen - Jump" Oberheim brass sound for Obxd?

barczabass wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:22 pm Hi All,
Can I download somewhere a preset, like the famous "Van Halen - Jump" Oberheim brass sound for Obxd?
There was a KVR community bank for OB-Xd. Probably even linked to somewhere in this thread, or on the KVR patches section. From what I recall, there were a few "Jump" patches. Just keep in mind: the song itself is heavily processed with the synth run through a number of effects.

Return to “Instruments”