Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Sometimes, randomly, I notice that some buttons start behaving like they're inverted. Not sure if it happens when changing themes, coupled with assigning host automation or the like... It's pretty weird and I haven't managed to get a consistent repro. Anyone else noticed this?

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:03 pm Sometimes, randomly, I notice that some buttons start behaving like they're inverted. Not sure if it happens when changing themes, coupled with assigning host automation or the like... It's pretty weird and I haven't managed to get a consistent repro. Anyone else noticed this?
I’ve seen weird ganged button behavior. Example: I’ll do something like turn on the S&H button and the Sine button will come on. Then I’ll try to make it happen again and it won’t. Been that way for builds and only seems to happen once. Hard to reproduce.

Yeah... definitely sounds like the state of the program data gets weird in some way.

discoDSP wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:43 pm OB-Xd looks at user Documents folder https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... nts-folder maybe your system got funky? :)
Yep, that's the key I was looking at and copied to. Same result on all 4 of my systems; and on all of them, it only worked if I also installed the VST3. My guess is that the installer only believes things are there is it writes them. It's a very minor issue, only affecting the 3 or 4 of us who avoid VST3. lol

Anyway, this thing is sooo good -- it's a total keeper! :love:
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:18 pm I’ve seen weird ganged button behavior. Example: I’ll do something like turn on the S&H button and the Sine button will come on. Then I’ll try to make it happen again and it won’t. Been that way for builds and only seems to happen once. Hard to reproduce.
Steps to reproduce the behaviour will help a lot. Never happened here btw.

It's random and kinda hard to reproduce unfortunately...

Oh well, let's see if someone can find out the right steps.

Filter & amp modulations via velocity, LFO etc. Why not? :)

discoDSP wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:57 am Oh well, let's see if someone can find out the right steps.
Here's what I just did:

1. Loaded OB-Xd (VST2 in Reaper 6.15)
2. In my default program, I have CC 35 assigned to Sine LFO
3. Turn the hardware knob to turn off Sine LFO shape (it's already on in my default preset)
4. Turn off the OSC2 frequency modulation button (it's already on in my default preset)
5. Turn the hardware knob to turn back on Sine LFO shape button

Result: OSC2 Frequency Mod button turns back on too! Will only happen once. After the first time, it's like they reset and the issue fixes itself. To reproduce, you have to remove OB-Xd and load a new instance.

Expected Result: Only the Sine turns back on. OSC2 Frequency Mod isn't being touched and should remain off.

Thanks for the detailed post, appreciated. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the behaviour. Will investigate deeper.

discoDSP wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:05 pm Thanks for the detailed post, appreciated. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the behaviour. Will investigate deeper.
I'll also delete the default preset in my host, uninstall and reinstall the plugin, and redo the hardware mapping. Perhaps something carried over from a prior build that's conflicting. I'll report back.

Ok excellent!

Hi George,

Went completely back to a blank state, deleted the old OB-Xd instances, and installed again. Still getting issues. Try this:

1. Load OB-Xd (don't need to do anything special - INIT settings - no special MIDI mapping)
2. Turn off the button for the Filter in the LFO section
3. Sweep any knob on your MIDI hardware Controller from min to max (in my case, I use a Roland System-8 as my keyboard controller and for CC)

Result: the Filter button comes on. Only happens once. Easy to miss.

This is using VST2, Windows 10, Reaper 6.13.

Also, the square LFO shape is completely not working.

To reproduce:

1. Load OB-Xd
2. Turn on the Square LFO shape, turn other LFO buttons off (square by itself)
3. Increase the depth
4. Turn on the Filter LFO button

Result: No LFO gets applied to the filter.

Expected Result: you hear the square LFO.

Note: Sine and S&H shapes work as expected.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:51 pm Hi George,

Went completely back to a blank state, deleted the old OB-Xd instances, and installed again. Still getting issues. Try this:

1. Load OB-Xd (don't need to do anything special - INIT settings - no special MIDI mapping)
2. Turn off the button for the Filter in the LFO section
3. Sweep any knob on your MIDI hardware Controller from min to max (in my case, I use a Roland System-8 as my keyboard controller and for CC)

Result: the Filter button comes on. Only happens once. Easy to miss.

This is using VST2, Windows 10, Reaper 6.13.
Thanks a lot! I can reproduce this. Will investigate.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:57 pm Also, the square LFO shape is completely not working.

To reproduce:

1. Load OB-Xd
2. Turn on the Square LFO shape, turn other LFO buttons off (square by itself)
3. Increase the depth
4. Turn on the Filter LFO button

Result: No LFO gets applied to the filter.

Expected Result: you hear the square LFO.

Note: Sine and S&H shapes work as expected.
Thanks, it seems a bug indeed. Fix coming.

Return to “Instruments”