Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

OB-XD is being sold on jrrshop and audiodeluxe (and probably on another sites too)...

https://www.jrrshop.com/discodsp-ob-xd

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/ke ... odsp-ob-xd

waltercruz wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:56 pm OB-XD is being sold on jrrshop and audiodeluxe (and probably on another sites too)...
Those are our resellers. Profit is used to invest in further development.

Vortifex wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:43 pm
discoDSP wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:44 pm New nightly build (macOS only) with preliminary Apple Silicon support.

https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/
Where do I get that skin from?
2.1 link on the same page.

Azbest wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:58 pm I downloaded this and a couple things confuse me. When I open the synth, the default patch is called "accordion", but in fact it's just an init saw. Guess it's a bug? Another thing, I can't, for the life of me, find a save preset button. It's not on the front panel and it's not in the preset menu (yes I read the manual). Saving patches as Ableton instrument racks is a pain in the balls. Also, is there a way to route the lfo to the filter mode knob? So far doesn't seem like it.

Anyway, the synth sounds excellent (especially pads with a bit of TAL-Chorus-LX).
In the modulation section select a waveform for the lfo in the first column of buttons, select filter at the bottom second row of buttons and adjust the 'freq amt' and 'lfo rate'

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

discoDSP wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:47 pm
waltercruz wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:56 pm OB-XD is being sold on jrrshop and audiodeluxe (and probably on another sites too)...
So, it's finally a purely commercial product now?
What have you improved or added since you took over the freeware?

e-crooner wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:07 am
I believe the paid version is for those who would like to support the project, still freely downloadable from https://www.discodsp.com/obxd/ (just tried myself).

e-crooner wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:07 am
He’s also added quite a lot including making it resizable and fully skinnable (not just the background). Also fixed a bunch of MIDI Learn related bugs and I’m sure a lot else.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:46 am making it resizable
Do you mean resizable from within the plugin or just allowing skins of different sizes ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:05 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:46 am making it resizable
Do you mean resizable from within the plugin or just allowing skins of different sizes ?
Skin developers can create skins in two sizes: 200% and 100%. Then I guess the plugin follows the DPI scaling of your host/computer.

There was a bug where at 100% it always downsampled the 200% images, which looked better IMO, but George "fixed" that.

Are there any 200% skins available ? I haven't really paid much attention.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

200% and resizable GUI is coming in later updates. Preset and bank management has more priority right now.

Vortifex wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:02 pm
discoDSP wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:48 pm
Vortifex wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:43 pm
discoDSP wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:44 pm New nightly build (macOS only) with preliminary Apple Silicon support.

https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/
Where do I get that skin from?
2.1 link on the same page.
Sorry that download is quite confusing, there's a bunch of folders and files. Does that skin not install with the main installer? If not, why not? I need the idiot's guide to installing that skin because even though it's the one you advertise the synth with on your website it's not there in the list of skins in the Obxd21Windows version I downloaded.
The requested skin does install with latest release. Current Nightly build is for testing purposes and requires some user knowledge on where to place plugin files at the system to get it running.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e-crooner wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:07 amSo, it's finally a purely commercial product now?
GPL3 doesn't forbid dual licensing, so it's entirely possible for a product to be both open source AND payware (see VST3).

Return to “Instruments”