Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
rob_lee
KVRAF
7220 posts since 16 Oct, 2006 from North East UK

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:48 am

edit
Last edited by rob_lee on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
25895 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:53 am

vurt wrote:group hug?
Guess you got a point, like Rush we gotta fight these Subdivisions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu9Ycq64Gy4

User avatar
Aiynzahev
KVRAF
3562 posts since 29 Jun, 2011 from USA

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:53 am

Nice one. Don't give up buddy!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Doug B
KVRist
462 posts since 12 Sep, 2008 from Canada

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:54 am

vurt wrote:group hug?
Point of order: Which comes first-the Group Hug or the pictures of fluffy kittens?

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
37240 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:57 am

Doug B wrote:
vurt wrote:group hug?
Point of order: Which comes first-the Group Hug or the pictures of fluffy kittens?
if fluffy kittens is a euphemism, i was looking at some earlier...
Last edited by vurt on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

mztk
Banned
2667 posts since 13 Jun, 2004

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:58 am

evidently a very successful opening post :)
keep at it and hammer your point home.

User avatar
mellotronaut
KVRAF
9773 posts since 2 Jan, 2005 from somewhere in the woods

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:58 am

Image

nice sound on the tube, btw. :)
"It dreamed itself along"

User avatar
Nielzie
KVRAF
8974 posts since 28 May, 2005 from Netherlands

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:58 am

Just make it a good alternative and 64-bit and also for Mac, then I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to try it (because "the other one" isn't) :wink:
None are so hopeless enslaved as KVRians with GAS.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
37240 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:59 am

ps: and quite a few non fluffy ones too.

Kriminal
Banned
18682 posts since 2 Oct, 2001 from England

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:04 am

rob_lee wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
rob_lee wrote:
2DaT wrote:Hi everyone. I am amateur developer of vst plugins , so dont be negative :)
I decided to build new ob-x vst emulation, because i dislike sonicprojects' vst. It lacks high frequencies and filter is unnatural.
Your an Amateur developer so don't be negative? First thing you did was make negative vibes about another developer...You for real? DUH!
no he didnt, he said the reason he made his vst was because he wasnt happy with the other one

seems reasonable to me
He said "because i dislike sonicprojects" it's clearly in text, simple as mate!
what he actually said was
2DaT wrote: I decided to build new ob-x vst emulation, because i dislike sonicprojects' vst.
followed by the reasons he dislikes it
2DaT wrote: It lacks high frequencies and filter is unnatural.
pop the reading glasses on next time :wink:

User avatar
fluxmind
KVRist
165 posts since 18 Jan, 2012

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:04 am

Great filter, I love it, great for bass, cpu usage is a bit insane though and it seems that first OSC frequency knob does nothing.

Kriminal
Banned
18682 posts since 2 Oct, 2001 from England

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:05 am

2DaT wrote:Hi everyone. I am amateur developer of vst plugins , so dont be negative :)
I decided to build new ob-x vst emulation, because i dislike sonicprojects' vst. It lacks high frequencies and filter is unnatural. So i build new synth with good oscillators and filters, but its very hungry compared to other vst.
Featuring:
Zero delay feedback filters.
Realtime waveform generation ( no wavetables).
No aliasing ( except hard sync, but i will improve it).
Every voice have different settings ( cutoff,envelope,portamento).
8 voices processed at the same time, so cpu consumance is constant ( but differs for saw and pulse waveforms).
Ugly and buggy gui, will be improved.
looks interesting, hopefully it will grown into a nice synth. Good luck with your project :tu:

Kriminal
Banned
18682 posts since 2 Oct, 2001 from England

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:08 am

Numanoid wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Its not cool to spam a competitors thread :roll:
Competitor? :D
Yes. If you have trouble understanding English, let me know and i'll run you thru it.

User avatar
4damind
KVRAF
4629 posts since 17 Aug, 2004 from Berlin, Germany

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:09 am

Hm... ok, why not. The OB-X you don't like was not developed with a native language, it's "only" made with Synthedit. Because many don't like Synthedit there is a real chance you get some new customers ;)

Anyway, I would at first make some working GUI prototype with all knobs and stuff you need. The knobs must not have a implemented function (event handler) but the GUI should look like the (near) finished GUI and the knobs and sliders should have visual feedback.
Next "connect" the DSP code (or the code you have this time) with the GUI so people get the idea also if not all is working.

I think this time it's a bit to early that somebody can form an opinion.

rob_lee
KVRAF
7220 posts since 16 Oct, 2006 from North East UK

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:09 am

edit
Last edited by rob_lee on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”