Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Thanks for clarifying, and thanks for adding the PDF. all good to go now!

discoDSP wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:01 am They should be larger than that on 1.5 and 2x. What’s your exact screen display setting and monitor model?
Im on a 28" 3840x2160px monitor (Samsung U28E590D), Windows 10 x64 with 150% visual scaling, FL Studio 20.8.4 (I just tried the standalone executable and the base font size for 1x size is larger than what I see inside FL Studio although the increase from 1x to 1.5x is still rather small while 1.5x to 2x increases proportionally). Hope that helps.

Thanks for the report. The issue may be related to the 150% scaling which is a non standard config. Will check.

Hi - new to this one; great sounding synth.! Just installed the v2.5 in Cubase 11.0.30. I've chosen to install only the VST3 edition.

I get no presets showing in the top (MediaBay) dropdown - well, they seem to flash up for a second then disappear leaving a completely blank window. However, if I right-click on the large OB-Xd logo on the synth interface, I get all the Programs/Banks etc showing. All are selectable and working from here.

Just wondered if I need to do something to get these showing from the usual MediaBay place... (other instrument plugins work fine this).

Anyone see the same.?
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v12.0.70; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v5.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Thanks. JUCE framework and VST3 wrapper don’t play very well together. I’d recommend using the built in browser hoping incoming updates fix the behavior or switch to VST2.

discoDSP wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:45 am Thanks. JUCE framework and VST3 wrapper don’t play very well together. I’d recommend using the built in browser hoping incoming updates fix the behavior or switch to VST2.
Ah.! Ok, much obliged for the quick response. Made a choice to avoid all VST2 as much as I can a while ago, so built-in browser is fine. (same 'issue' in S1 of course).

Having a lot of fun with this one though - its really lovely sounding.! Great job.

(BTW - how does 'free for non-commercial use' work.? Is it just as it says, no restrictions etc..? Couldn't find any detail on the website. Gonna end up buying anyway I reckon.!)
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v12.0.70; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v5.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Thanks. No restrictions, commercial use is getting profit from it. Appreciated, purchase will help ongoing development!

OB-Xd 2.5.1 is out now.

What's new
  • Fixed dialog windows color scheme issue.
  • Tweaked font scaling sizes.
Download is available for macOS, Windows and Linux at https://www.discodsp.com/obxd/

discoDSP wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:52 am OB-Xd 2.5.1 is out now.

What's new
  • Fixed dialog windows color scheme issue.
  • Tweaked font scaling sizes.
Download is available for macOS, Windows and Linux at https://www.discodsp.com/obxd/
Hi - have just downloaded; the zip and contents (Win) still labelled as Obxd25... Have decided not to run it yet, but will this still update the synth to 251.?

It does. Though it is named the same as 2.5.0 as well as the executable inside the zip file it has a different file date and size. At least the vst2 dll properties say it is version 2.5.1.0, and the version in the help menu does as well (without the trailing .0 subminor version).

Installer title bar will display the version number too.

Would be more convenient to have the .zip and .exe file names reflect the version, nevertheless ;)

Versions are numbered x.x and this .1 is just a hot fix in order to deliver a more polished, high quality public release. I don't think there should be any more updates until 2.6 (touch on wood) :)

kylie wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:35 am It does. Though it is named the same as 2.5.0 as well as the executable inside the zip file it has a different file date and size. At least the vst2 dll properties say it is version 2.5.1.0, and the version in the help menu does as well (without the trailing .0 subminor version).
Appreciated, thanks for that

discoDSP wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:55 am Installer title bar will display the version number too.

Got ya - just thought I'd ask for safety's sake... :tu:

Return to “Instruments”