Closest thing to a fairlight CMI Series III emulation.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And will be cross platform by the looks of things :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Does anyone know if the Arturia CMI-V manages to replicate the organic nature of the Fairlight's electronic pitch shifting?

prodigal_sounds wrote:Does anyone know if the Arturia CMI-V manages to replicate the organic nature of the Fairlight's electronic pitch shifting?
What is "the organic nature of the Fairlight's electronic pitch shifting"?

Can you explain what you mean or give some sound examples?
Fernando (FMR)

prodigal_sounds wrote:Does anyone know if the Arturia CMI-V manages to replicate the organic nature of the Fairlight's electronic pitch shifting?
Pretty sure it doesn't, as they would have mentioned it otherwise.
fmr wrote:What is "the organic nature of the Fairlight's electronic pitch shifting"?
The Fairlight didn't resample samples digitally like modern software does when repitching. It had individual voice cards, one for each voice, so it could directly vary the playback sample rate for different pitches, rather than having to interpolate samples.

beely wrote:
fmr wrote:What is "the organic nature of the Fairlight's electronic pitch shifting"?
The Fairlight didn't resample samples digitally like modern software does when repitching. It had individual voice cards, one for each voice, so it could directly vary the playback sample rate for different pitches, rather than having to interpolate samples.
Oh... THAT? Why is it "organic"?
Fernando (FMR)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Just received the Aly James xmas newsletter where it says:

"Working on a Legendary Fairlight CMI Sampler Emulation, the SAMPLIGHT

This will be able to read original voice files of the CMI and sample any audio content to the Fairlight gritty specs, a Vintage sampler to drawn into the low green resolution of your mind..."

It seems that never materialized, his website seems frozen in time...

beely wrote:
Pretty sure it doesn't, as they would have mentioned it otherwise.
I'm sure Arturia emulated it otherwise there would be absolutely no point to the emulation.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: I'm sure Arturia emulated it otherwise there would be absolutely no point to the emulation.
Glen talks about all the stuff they mentioned modelling, including the input/output filtering and other stuff. No mention of the resampling, hence my above comment.

Disagree that there is no point to the product without it - Arturia obviously do too, seeing as its just been released...

I wouldn't count that Aly James will release it in this century.. sad i know.. :cry:

PS. Love the beely stuff! Top notch! :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:25 pm I wouldn't count that Aly James will release it in this century.. sad i know.. :cry:

Well stop waiting and check out this.

webpage:
https://adamstrange.itch.io/qasarbeach

Community:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/277208163443745

decaystar wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:22 am
murnau wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:25 pm I wouldn't count that Aly James will release it in this century.. sad i know.. :cry:

webpage:

Community:
A couple of recent Facebook Aly James posts
because of Covid-19 I decided that I will release SamPlight before its final state because damn it’s already usable as it is for a while!
Bare with me SamPlight is on my dev table for the final stage of development
Amazon: why not use an alternative

decaystar wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:22 am

webpage:

Community:

Just note that qasarbeach is stand alone only. There is no plugin version.

I picked up the Arturia CMI-V software as it was on 50% off sale recently. It's so amazing and I have been working my way through the presets for weeks on end. It's mega fun. I waited years and years for Aly James' version but in the end I gave up on it ever being released. I like Aly's stuff a lot but the plugins won't work in Cubase as they're all 32 bit so I have to use them in my Reaper projects.

EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

eeek gad, if you are looking for an accurate experience of using a virtual fairlight, ok.
but why deal with that clunky interface when we're talking 8bit samples
any good sampler can trigger?

its like cyclone, the yamaha tx16w sampler vst.
its a fantastic emulation, but a PITA to get around the GUI.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”