New Synthesizer VST announcements 2015 + 2016

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
28094 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:47 am

HideKyll wrote: Just release it for free this evening:)
Also very curious whether this will have a price tag or not... any hints on that? ;)

Urs
u-he
25629 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:31 pm

chk071 wrote:
HideKyll wrote: Just release it for free this evening:)
Also very curious whether this will have a price tag or not... any hints on that? ;)
Cheaper than "that supersaw synth". The idea came about when more and more people asked for "a 64bit alternative to ..." - you catch the drift. So I thought, what does it take... and what if we could take it even further.

But as I said, it's fairly "meh" at this point of time. It uses half the CPU of "that supersaw synth" at slightly more aliasing, or about a little less at no aliasing (but with PWM, hehehe). Filters OTOH are ot quite there yet, and too different to even compare.

Also, the envelopes are borrowed from TyrellN6 and I'd prefer something more snappy.

So, quite honestly, it isn't up to the task yet, and I'd much rather spend the coming weeks on Diva and Bazille.

KVRAF

Post Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Urs wrote: Cheaper than "that supersaw synth". The idea came about when more and more people asked for "a 64bit alternative to ..." - you catch the drift. So I thought, what does it take... and what if we could take it even further.
Good stuff. Sounds like a no-brainer then, judging by the pic it seems to have a nice feature set. :)

KVRian
1351 posts since 18 Feb, 2012

Post Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Urs wrote: Cheaper than "that supersaw synth". The idea came about when more and more people asked for "a 64bit alternative to ..." - you catch the drift. So I thought, what does it take... and what if we could take it even further.

But as I said, it's fairly "meh" at this point of time. It uses half the CPU of "that supersaw synth" at slightly more aliasing, or about a little less at no aliasing (but with PWM, hehehe). Filters OTOH are ot quite there yet, and too different to even compare.

Also, the envelopes are borrowed from TyrellN6 and I'd prefer something more snappy.

So, quite honestly, it isn't up to the task yet, and I'd much rather spend the coming weeks on Diva and Bazille.
I would really love to have it...gonna buy it for sure if it comes out, which I hope so, it will. :)

KVRAF
5310 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:43 am

Urs wrote:We might even release my weekend project, Hive One
JUST DO IT PLEASE!!!!!1111!!!

Maybe a public beta of its current state at some point? If it turns out to be not that great, well, I think it would take much more to damage the U-he's reputation in the slightest.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/s ... travels-ep

KVRist

Topic Starter

310 posts since 24 Jul, 2013

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:47 am

recursive one wrote:

Maybe a public beta of its current state at some point? If it turns out to be not that great, well, I think it would take much more to damage the U-he's reputation in the slightest.

Or a KVR Beta only for us
EDM Producer

KVRAF
2328 posts since 9 Mar, 2004 from Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Humanoid Sound Systems "Enzyme":
http://www.humanoidsoundsystems.com

...really looking forward to this one.

As for Hive One...damn, that one totally went under my radar. Sounds interesting. As I'm on an older machine, low cpu usage is a major selling point.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

KVRAF
29660 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Looks interesting. Nice gui.

KVRist

Topic Starter

310 posts since 24 Jul, 2013

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:26 am

thecontrolcentre wrote:Image

News about demo or beta?
EDM Producer

KVRAF
12514 posts since 21 Mar, 2008 from Hannover, Germany

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:40 am

Actually the new modules for Diva (JP-8000 oscillator with 7 morphable waveshapes including th famous Supersaw and also the fedback Osc, new Uhbie multimode filter and also the Arpeggiator module) do feel like a new synth while those are a free upddate...

Besides the public beta of that update i am also playing with the public beta of Linplug Spectral which seems to be great.

Last but not least i also took part in betatesting for the upcoming Tone2 Nemesis FM synth which is really awesome too IMO.

With those are the 3 plugins i spend most of my music making time currently.

That other Supersaw synth from U-He looks interesting too. Will have a look when it's out. Anyway the Supersaw in Diva already works great besides some other choices like JP6K or my own Reaktor ensemble that involves the Supersaw module from the JP4c ensemble from Alex Shore and the Monark filter.
That Roland Supersaw is great and it's nice to have multiple choices for it now.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

KVRAF
2561 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:20 am

It's the outcome of my quest for the fastest, least CPU consuming, yet most pleasant Supersaw algorithm. Not sure yet if it fits our portfolio.

GUI is work in progress. As you can see.
That's actually one of the nicest looking GUI's i've seen on a synth in a while. I hope it stays like that tbh.

Also Dune 2 sounds nice.
Forward ever, Backward never

KVRAF
6230 posts since 19 Jun, 2008 from Seattle

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:54 am

HideKyll wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Image

News about demo or beta?
It's in (early) beta currently, e.g. not all "features/parameters" (illustrated below) are implemented.

Very interesting synth, indeed. :wink:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ur835cqveo0nk ... ENZYME.jpg

(click image to enlarge)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

KVRAF

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:21 am

recursive one wrote:

I'd rather vote for it to be released when it's more or less done. Better have a synth with components that are "wee" than "meh", right? :P Haste makes waste imo.

Urs
u-he

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:27 am

chk071 wrote:
recursive one wrote:

I'd rather vote for it to be released when it's more or less done. Better have a synth with components that are "wee" than "meh", right? :P Haste makes waste imo.
Indeed. There's a lot of thought to be put into things. We'll start a thread once there's stuff to talk about :-)

Urs
u-he

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:29 am

Shabdahbriah wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ur835cqveo0nk ... ENZYME.jpg

(click image to enlarge)
Great style! Looks a bit like a medical apparatus or some geek alien instrument.

Return to “Instruments”