New Synthesizer VST announcements 2015 + 2016

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
5243 posts since 17 Aug, 2004 from Berlin, Germany

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:46 am

Urs wrote:
Shabdahbriah wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ur835cqveo0nk ... ENZYME.jpg

(click image to enlarge)
Great style! Looks a bit like a medical apparatus or some geek alien instrument.
So... something more for dr. aliens but not for the musicians on planet earth :D

We need some more Urs stuff. Have I understand this correctly that "Hive One" is released 2014 :P

Tp3
KVRAF
2141 posts since 8 Feb, 2007

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:53 am

Teksonik wrote:
Urs wrote:We might even release my weekend project, Hive One

It's the outcome of my quest for the fastest, least CPU consuming, yet most pleasant Supersaw algorithm. Not sure yet if it fits our portfolio.

GUI is work in progress. As you can see.
Good Lord that's sexy........... :love:
It cannot be otherwise... when you come to think of the "Hives" and the "Birds" and the "Bees" Image

:D

That's one mothafukin great GUI, I agree. the real power lies in SIMPLICITY. :love:
Last edited by Tp3 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Urs
u-he
25635 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:56 am

4damind wrote:Have I understand this correctly that "Hive One" is released 2014 :P
You must NEVER ask us for an estimated time of arrival. We strictly adhere to Hofstadter's law:

Code: Select all

Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
We might however annouce Hive One this year, and release it back in 2007. We figure that time travel will have been invented before we're able to finish this.

Tp3
KVRAF
2141 posts since 8 Feb, 2007

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:10 am

Urs wrote:
4damind wrote:Have I understand this correctly that "Hive One" is released 2014 :P
You must NEVER ask us for an estimated time of arrival. We strictly adhere to Hofstadter's law:

Code: Select all

Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
We might however annouce Hive One this year, and release it back in 2007. We figure that time travel will have been invented before we're able to finish this.
In that case I hereby place a request to emulate the nuclear plant at the back of the Delorean

Urs, that's really unfair of you giving us crumbs...

(Although I have a feeling as to when it is going to be released)

KVRist
60 posts since 7 Aug, 2013

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:53 am

Urs, is there a stand-alone (or contemplated stand-alone) version of any of your synths? (Yeah, I know, just what you need, more demands when you got so many fans salivating to get their hands on so many proposed projects.) I know this is probably just lazy and whiny, but I find myself more prone to click open a synth right off the dock when I want to work on patches rather than have to go through the DAW and deal with whatever quirks it brings along.

KVRAF
6290 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:40 am

buescher wrote:Urs, is there a stand-alone (or contemplated stand-alone) version of any of your synths? (Yeah, I know, just what you need, more demands when you got so many fans salivating to get their hands on so many proposed projects.) I know this is probably just lazy and whiny, but I find myself more prone to click open a synth right off the dock when I want to work on patches rather than have to go through the DAW and deal with whatever quirks it brings along.
I use Savihost on several VIs without a stand-alone, including Alchemy & Zebra 2/HZ
Available here:
http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

Urs
u-he
25635 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:41 am

buescher wrote:Urs, is there a stand-alone (or contemplated stand-alone) version of any of your synths? (Yeah, I know, just what you need, more demands when you got so many fans salivating to get their hands on so many proposed projects.) I know this is probably just lazy and whiny, but I find myself more prone to click open a synth right off the dock when I want to work on patches rather than have to go through the DAW and deal with whatever quirks it brings along.
One day we'll have a stand alone. Maybe some fine, sunny Friday in an otherwise rainy autumn in 201X.

KVRAF
27902 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:13 am

BBFG# wrote:
I use Savihost on several VIs without a stand-alone, including Alchemy & Zebra 2/HZ
Available here:
http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm
+1 for savihost. It's what most VSTi's use for their standalone version anyway. :)

KVRAF

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:17 am

Urs wrote: One day we'll have a stand alone. Maybe some fine, sunny Friday in an otherwise rainy autumn in 201X.
Or just give us icons to change that little pink square so we don't actually have to read the program title.
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

KVRist
60 posts since 7 Aug, 2013

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:17 pm

Or just give us icons to change that little pink square so we don't actually have to read the program title.
:D[/quote]

amateur hour histrionics i guess, but i like to take my portable wherever, and logic gets a little irritable when you open it up not hooked up to the designated DA. etc., besides running things a little hotter and more prone to crash when loading up the modules when fooling around. playing ain't always recording;

KVRAF
2520 posts since 15 Jan, 2013 from L'Écosse

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:41 pm

Urs wrote:We might even release my weekend project, Hive One

It's the outcome of my quest for the fastest, least CPU consuming, yet most pleasant Supersaw algorithm. Not sure yet if it fits our portfolio.

GUI is work in progress. As you can see.
Nice. Why not The Collective? Very Borg-like, this one. Resistance is futile. Like a drone I will be buying this once it gets released.

KVRAF
1936 posts since 16 Aug, 2004 from Vienna, Austria

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:44 am

BBFG# wrote:Or just give us icons to change that little pink square so we don't actually have to read the program title.
What, no love for pink? 8-)

If you created a link to the executable, you can always adjust the icon displayed for the link in the link's properties.
"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

KVRAF

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:55 am

arakula wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Or just give us icons to change that little pink square so we don't actually have to read the program title.
What, no love for pink? 8-)

If you created a link to the executable, you can always adjust the icon displayed for the link in the link's properties.
Eight pink squares for synth links and one to keep handy for copying a new one on my desktop, Pink is oboxious!

Absolutely! I want to adjust the icon! And it would be nice if they actually represented the synth they link to. (Currently use it for 3 Zebras; SM; Alchemy; WusikV7; Wusik4k; Bazille) If they can make a t-shirt, how hard is it for them to throw some of their stock images in icon size to us? :hihi:

KVRAF
1936 posts since 16 Aug, 2004 from Vienna, Austria

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:25 pm

If you can't do it yourself, there are online icon creation web sites available where you can upload an image and it gives you an icon file. Just fetch, for example, Urs' synths images from
http://www.u-he.com/cms/press
and create icons from that... clipping and resizing can be done with freeware and/or open source tools like Gimp...

Maybe not the most carefully crafted and good-looking result, but enough if you just want discernible icons.
Then create links to your various SAVIHost instances, set the link's icon to one of the created icons, et voilà...
"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

KVRist

Topic Starter

310 posts since 24 Jul, 2013

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:03 am

Does this belong to the main topic. ? :D
EDM Producer

Return to “Instruments”