Rob Papen Blue Yes or No

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
JPQ
KVRian
1082 posts since 7 Jan, 2008 from Finland

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:19 pm

Biscotto wrote:
JPQ wrote:I have also sinewave problem but i found clips some values very little when i changed i think one parameter little smaller results is fine. even before addinational harmonic i think is about -42db when 0db is main sound i think. and i recommend it its my one my favorite commercial synths. actually first synth what i buyed.
Confirmed at -41db. With Scope Schwa. I don't think it's a problem. Maybe in the FM modulation world is an issue? I used BLUE for many years enjoying its sound and power and I can't think of any real impact on the sound overal.
when made sound bit more quiet i think goes totally away i test soon later if remeber correctly. ps. -42db measurer using eye with voxengo span i think. if have still voxengo span installed i check again.

KVRAF
4389 posts since 26 Apr, 2007 from Noosphere

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:27 pm

I can now confirm that there are some aliasing noises during the sine wave sweeps. The sine wave is not entirely clean overall. They same thing was in Punch once, but Jon fixed that by request.

KVRian
527 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:36 pm

Igro wrote:I can now confirm that there are some aliasing noises during the sine wave sweeps. The sine wave is not entirely clean overall. They same thing was in Punch once, but Jon fixed that by request.
Predator seems to show more than Blue.
Ableton :phones:

KVRAF
4370 posts since 21 Sep, 2005

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:39 pm

I love Blue.

Best basses. Pads. Weird shit FX.

Pretty good patch management.

And I've only got the 'LE' version.

Nothing compares to it sonically.

It's sweet but powerful.

All these years later...

JPQ
KVRian
1082 posts since 7 Jan, 2008 from Finland

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:45 pm

Igro wrote:I can now confirm that there are some aliasing noises during the sine wave sweeps. The sine wave is not entirely clean overall. They same thing was in Punch once, but Jon fixed that by request.
i think actually when i tested i get similar problem with Logic ES2,and NI synths as well if my memory dont mix different things now...

KVRian
535 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:06 pm

Blue is very useful. For 79 dollars it's a great buy even if you only use the excellent presets. But programming Blue is a delight.

KVRian
1156 posts since 10 Apr, 2006

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:34 am

I love love LOVE Blue. I bought in '06, i think, and still use it all the time. $79 is a good price, too. For the use I've gotten out of it, I'd happily pay full price again for the forthcoming upgrade to Blue II.
The fm stuff is pretty sweet, and I like using it as a VA too.

Re: the oscillator noise, just shoot support a note. Rob and Jon are really responsive, and very nice guys to deal with in general.

KVRist
203 posts since 18 Mar, 2013 from United States

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Light CPU and ridiculously easy to program. Well worth $80.
Ableton/Propellerheads/Cockos Reaper/Logic/Renoise/U-He/Tone2/NI/DiscoDSP/Fabfilter/Xils Lab/Reveal Sound/112dB

KVRAF

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:11 am

Concretefx wrote:About harmonics, in Blue 2 we will be using the new alias free oscillator code, as used in Predator etc, so that shouldn't be as much a problem as before.

Cheers

Jon : RPCX

KVRAF

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:59 am

Sneak Preview and some info about Blue 2
http://blog.timespace.com/2013/10/rob-p ... k-preview/
The XY pad of Blade is now included, which is great in combination with FM synthesis.

A user interface overhaul with preset and bank manager, as found in Predator, SubBoomBass, Blade etc.

New range of waveforms, which are 'samples' dedicated to synth sounds, special sounds, choirs, strings, flutes and many more.

Added option to wave-sequence.

4 FX in total with new algorithms.
This is just a small feature set of the upcoming beast.

Return to “Instruments”