New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

ThomasHelzle wrote: A direct mail to Tom gave me a rather quick response.
Might be complicated to sort forum names to users/buyers through KVR... ;-)

Cheers,
Right...

Oh thanks for quick fix, very good.

I have not yet received any mail or an answer from Tom .....someone can advise me what to do ?
:tu:

AgiKvr wrote:I have not yet received any mail or an answer from Tom .....someone can advise me what to do ?
Such strange problem already was mentioned in this thread from some other users, even dont know what to say, try write a letter to the author till he in the matter.

Apparently I dropped off the update list some time ago. Repeated emails to Tom are going unanswered. I'm stuck on version 0.9d.

CastIronShore wrote:Apparently I dropped off the update list some time ago. Repeated emails to Tom are going unanswered. I'm stuck on version 0.9d.
i've got a slightly newer version (that won't work with any of the presets anyone made). no luck with emailing him either. i'm accepting the fact that its a done deal at this point.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

it's at v1.1 now. everyone thought he had disappeared, but he popped up a little while back with the update. strange after all the complaints that his communication still sucks.

Maybe the dev just suffers from Scriptophobia.. :(

No answer to emails here either.

I have to apologize to Tom at SoundGuru! I found his email to me with the link to the Mangle 1.1 installer back on Dec. 16 in my spam folder.

My bad. Sorry Tom, but I am excited to be trying the latest and greatest The Mangle.

CIS

Just installed the update - so is it right that it still just installs 8 factory presets or should there be more? I downloaded the full version installer.

aMUSEd wrote:Just installed the update - so is it right that it still just installs 8 factory presets or should there be more? I downloaded the full version installer.
I didn't get any additional presets with my update. I downloaded some that a KVR member put together. when I tried to navigate to the folder with them in it, Mangle saw them but won't make a sound with them. The kicker is now it won't play the old presets either.

I'm thinking of uninstalling and putting the previous version back on.
my blog and some music:

michael2 wrote:Mangle saw them but won't make a sound with them. The kicker is now it won't play the old presets either
Are you talking about wagtunes' free presets? (If not, then:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... s#p6216370
I loaded them in User>wagsfrm50. If they load but don't play check your synth settings, eg. if you Solo'd a higher numbered Slot (5,6,7) the presets may not have sounds in that slot. When you find one that loads, play several more. I found that speeds their overall loading.
To get back from User to Factory, select 'Choose preset folder' and navigate up to the Mangle folder to choose Factory.
Otherwise try 'Reset to default.'
It's worth the time to sort out-- a great update!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:
michael2 wrote:Mangle saw them but won't make a sound with them. The kicker is now it won't play the old presets either
Are you talking about wagtunes' free presets? (If not, then:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... s#p6216370
I loaded them in User>wagsfrm50. If they load but don't play check your synth settings, eg. if you Solo'd a higher numbered Slot (5,6,7) the presets may not have sounds in that slot. When you find one that loads, play several more. I found that speeds their overall loading.
To get back from User to Factory, select 'Choose preset folder' and navigate up to the Mangle folder to choose Factory.
Otherwise try 'Reset to default.'
It's worth the time to sort out-- a great update!
hmmm, I have tried all that actually. just tried it again. still won't load the presets (wag tunes), and it actually crashes Logic about 80% of the time if i try to use the presets. no problems loading my own samples though. the original stock presets actually seem to have disappeared; the reset to default does nothing (it just still displays the wag tunes presets). are you on a mac or a PC? i'm on a mac and I think its weird that when showing the location of the files it says something about a C drive. that's a windows thing.

maybe its a blessing in disguise and I have to just build up my own library of stuff that works with it. :)
my blog and some music:

michael2 wrote:i'm on a mac
So am I, but MuLab not Logic. My preset files are in Library/Application Support/Sound Guru/The Mangle/Factory (or User)/Clouds etc.
michael2 wrote:it says something about a C drive.
When I click Choose preset folder... I get a Finder window.
michael2 wrote:I have to just build up my own library
Yeah, huge difference between recordings of physical instruments/sounds and plugins.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Instruments”