Glitchmachines Polygon

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Polygon

aMUSEd wrote:So if I want to make a preset to share with others and it uses a dragged in sample what do I do? Does the export portable preset include the sample?
In version 1.1 there is a "save consolidated preset" option in the menu. When using this it will save the preset as usual but will also copy the samples used to a new folder called USER_SAMPLES located in the POLYGON_SAMPLES folder. The preset will refer to these files using relative links, so to share your preset you need to send the other user your samples and he needs to put them in that USER_SAMPLES folder on his computer (can be manually created if needed).

Will you port this vst to Linux ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Thanks for your response. Great to see you guys around this place :)

I feel a bit guilty for not reporting these before you rolled the update out. Sorry about that. I'll send anything else I find straight away (although I've used the plug-in for quite a while and nothing else seems to have jumped out).

Indeed the pitch thing would be great. When you know what pitch your sample is, it'd be great to just 'tune and forget' rather than having to slowly drag up and down to ensure you're on 'the right side' of the number displayed.

I absolutely love this thing. Thank you for creating it and for offering it at such an accessible price.

stanlea wrote:Will you port this vst to Linux ?
Sorry, no plans for this at the moment.
cron wrote:Thanks for your response. Great to see you guys around this place :)

I feel a bit guilty for not reporting these before you rolled the update out. Sorry about that. I'll send anything else I find straight away (although I've used the plug-in for quite a while and nothing else seems to have jumped out).

Indeed the pitch thing would be great. When you know what pitch your sample is, it'd be great to just 'tune and forget' rather than having to slowly drag up and down to ensure you're on 'the right side' of the number displayed.

I absolutely love this thing. Thank you for creating it and for offering it at such an accessible price.
Thank you! If you catch anything else feel free to get in touch directly by email.

InearDisplay wrote:
Thank you for answering. Are you planning to develop for Linux like you were doing before ?

stanlea wrote:
InearDisplay wrote:
Thank you for answering. Are you planning to develop for Linux like you were doing before ?
No sorry, for the time being the Glitchmachines plugins will be Mac/Windows only.

Hi,

I looked at the overview video, and it looks really nice! But i'd be using it for tuned samples and ambient mostly (which i'm pretty sure it does wonderfully) and would really like polyphony... Any chance that's coming in a future update? Without poly, i don't think it'll be that useful for me, and i'd just stay with padshop, alchemy, and the mangle... :) I wish that's in the pipeline though, it really looks like a cool instrument!

InearDisplay wrote:No sorry, for the time being the Glitchmachines plugins will be Mac/Windows only.
:( :cry: :( :cry:

trueparadox wrote:Hi,

I looked at the overview video, and it looks really nice! But i'd be using it for tuned samples and ambient mostly (which i'm pretty sure it does wonderfully) and would really like polyphony... Any chance that's coming in a future update? Without poly, i don't think it'll be that useful for me, and i'd just stay with padshop, alchemy, and the mangle... :) I wish that's in the pipeline though, it really looks like a cool instrument!
Hi,

We have already started testing a polyphonic version but I can't tell you right now if it will be coming soon. It is monophonic as it was first intended to be a sound effect creation device rather than an instrument in the traditional sense.
Also currently all the modulations run at audio rate which makes it quite CPU hungry (though there is a new setting to disable this in version 1.1) so we have to take that into account.
We use (and love) Alchemy a lot for sound design and Polygon doesn't pretend to be a replacement for it. It is an obvious influence, but Polygon tries to focus on some other aspects with the modulation matrix as well as a different workflow and well... different results.
To make it short, polyphony is an often requested feature so, even if it was not in our initial plans, we are working on it for a future version.

InearDisplay wrote:
trueparadox wrote:Hi,

Hi,

We have already started testing a polyphonic version but I can't tell you right now if it will be coming soon. It is monophonic as it was first intended to be a sound effect creation device rather than an instrument in the traditional sense.
Also currently all the modulations run at audio rate which makes it quite CPU hungry (though there is a new setting to disable this in version 1.1) so we have to take that into account.
We use (and love) Alchemy a lot for sound design and Polygon doesn't pretend to be a replacement for it. It is an obvious influence, but Polygon tries to focus on some other aspects with the modulation matrix as well as a different workflow and well... different results.
To make it short, polyphony is an often requested feature so, even if it was not in our initial plans, we are working on it for a future version.
Hi,

Oooh, that's great news. Yea, even if it's not gonna happen soon, knowing that it's in the works is fantastic! Thank you for that, and for the quick response :)

A

looks awesome.

I forgot about this one. It's a side effect of having too many plugins. :ud:
I'll have to revisit it right now. I've been working on a track lately that uses Fracture. I quickly wound up with a part that reminds me of some sounds in William Orbits' Montok Point. One of my faves, old as it is. I was quite pleased, although I came upon it by random experimentation. That is the story of my life.... :roll:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

It sounds impressive. But ditto on the GUI. When you have synthesis this complex, utilitarianism is the rule.

InearDisplay wrote:... for the time being the Glitchmachines plugins will be Mac/Windows only.
:(

A belated thank you for the original Inear Linux plugins, fortunately I have all of them and can continue to investigate their great potential. I hope you eventually release new processors for Linux.

Best,

dp

You can win a copy of the Polygon plugin at http://rekkerd.org/plugin-boutique-give ... hmachines/

Good luck :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Return to “Instruments”