Glitchmachines Polygon

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
InearDisplay
KVRer
5 posts since 16 May, 2012

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:49 am

aMUSEd wrote:So if I want to make a preset to share with others and it uses a dragged in sample what do I do? Does the export portable preset include the sample?
In version 1.1 there is a "save consolidated preset" option in the menu. When using this it will save the preset as usual but will also copy the samples used to a new folder called USER_SAMPLES located in the POLYGON_SAMPLES folder. The preset will refer to these files using relative links, so to share your preset you need to send the other user your samples and he needs to put them in that USER_SAMPLES folder on his computer (can be manually created if needed).

User avatar
stanlea
KVRAF
5704 posts since 11 Feb, 2005 from Bordeaux France

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:56 am

Will you port this vst to Linux ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

cron
KVRAF
3363 posts since 27 Dec, 2002 from North East England

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:17 am

Thanks for your response. Great to see you guys around this place :)

I feel a bit guilty for not reporting these before you rolled the update out. Sorry about that. I'll send anything else I find straight away (although I've used the plug-in for quite a while and nothing else seems to have jumped out).

Indeed the pitch thing would be great. When you know what pitch your sample is, it'd be great to just 'tune and forget' rather than having to slowly drag up and down to ensure you're on 'the right side' of the number displayed.

I absolutely love this thing. Thank you for creating it and for offering it at such an accessible price.

InearDisplay
KVRer
5 posts since 16 May, 2012

Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:53 am

stanlea wrote:Will you port this vst to Linux ?
Sorry, no plans for this at the moment.
cron wrote:Thanks for your response. Great to see you guys around this place :)

I feel a bit guilty for not reporting these before you rolled the update out. Sorry about that. I'll send anything else I find straight away (although I've used the plug-in for quite a while and nothing else seems to have jumped out).

Indeed the pitch thing would be great. When you know what pitch your sample is, it'd be great to just 'tune and forget' rather than having to slowly drag up and down to ensure you're on 'the right side' of the number displayed.

I absolutely love this thing. Thank you for creating it and for offering it at such an accessible price.
Thank you! If you catch anything else feel free to get in touch directly by email.

User avatar
stanlea
KVRAF
5704 posts since 11 Feb, 2005 from Bordeaux France

Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:45 am

InearDisplay wrote:
stanlea wrote:Will you port this vst to Linux ?
Sorry, no plans for this at the moment.
Thank you for answering. Are you planning to develop for Linux like you were doing before ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

InearDisplay
KVRer
5 posts since 16 May, 2012

Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:04 pm

stanlea wrote:
InearDisplay wrote:
stanlea wrote:Will you port this vst to Linux ?
Sorry, no plans for this at the moment.
Thank you for answering. Are you planning to develop for Linux like you were doing before ?
No sorry, for the time being the Glitchmachines plugins will be Mac/Windows only.

trueparadox
KVRist
243 posts since 10 Nov, 2006

Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi,

I looked at the overview video, and it looks really nice! But i'd be using it for tuned samples and ambient mostly (which i'm pretty sure it does wonderfully) and would really like polyphony... Any chance that's coming in a future update? Without poly, i don't think it'll be that useful for me, and i'd just stay with padshop, alchemy, and the mangle... :) I wish that's in the pipeline though, it really looks like a cool instrument!

User avatar
stanlea
KVRAF
5704 posts since 11 Feb, 2005 from Bordeaux France

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:05 am

InearDisplay wrote:No sorry, for the time being the Glitchmachines plugins will be Mac/Windows only.
:( :cry: :( :cry:
You can't always get what you waaaant...

InearDisplay
KVRer
5 posts since 16 May, 2012

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:31 am

trueparadox wrote:Hi,

I looked at the overview video, and it looks really nice! But i'd be using it for tuned samples and ambient mostly (which i'm pretty sure it does wonderfully) and would really like polyphony... Any chance that's coming in a future update? Without poly, i don't think it'll be that useful for me, and i'd just stay with padshop, alchemy, and the mangle... :) I wish that's in the pipeline though, it really looks like a cool instrument!
Hi,

We have already started testing a polyphonic version but I can't tell you right now if it will be coming soon. It is monophonic as it was first intended to be a sound effect creation device rather than an instrument in the traditional sense.
Also currently all the modulations run at audio rate which makes it quite CPU hungry (though there is a new setting to disable this in version 1.1) so we have to take that into account.
We use (and love) Alchemy a lot for sound design and Polygon doesn't pretend to be a replacement for it. It is an obvious influence, but Polygon tries to focus on some other aspects with the modulation matrix as well as a different workflow and well... different results.
To make it short, polyphony is an often requested feature so, even if it was not in our initial plans, we are working on it for a future version.

trueparadox
KVRist
243 posts since 10 Nov, 2006

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:34 am

InearDisplay wrote:
trueparadox wrote:Hi,

I looked at the overview video, and it looks really nice! But i'd be using it for tuned samples and ambient mostly (which i'm pretty sure it does wonderfully) and would really like polyphony... Any chance that's coming in a future update? Without poly, i don't think it'll be that useful for me, and i'd just stay with padshop, alchemy, and the mangle... :) I wish that's in the pipeline though, it really looks like a cool instrument!
Hi,

We have already started testing a polyphonic version but I can't tell you right now if it will be coming soon. It is monophonic as it was first intended to be a sound effect creation device rather than an instrument in the traditional sense.
Also currently all the modulations run at audio rate which makes it quite CPU hungry (though there is a new setting to disable this in version 1.1) so we have to take that into account.
We use (and love) Alchemy a lot for sound design and Polygon doesn't pretend to be a replacement for it. It is an obvious influence, but Polygon tries to focus on some other aspects with the modulation matrix as well as a different workflow and well... different results.
To make it short, polyphony is an often requested feature so, even if it was not in our initial plans, we are working on it for a future version.
Hi,

Oooh, that's great news. Yea, even if it's not gonna happen soon, knowing that it's in the works is fantastic! Thank you for that, and for the quick response :)

A

AstralExistence
KVRAF
2267 posts since 19 Sep, 2011

Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:46 pm

looks awesome.

rustman
KVRian
1123 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm

I forgot about this one. It's a side effect of having too many plugins. :ud:
I'll have to revisit it right now. I've been working on a track lately that uses Fracture. I quickly wound up with a part that reminds me of some sounds in William Orbits' Montok Point. One of my faves, old as it is. I was quite pleased, although I came upon it by random experimentation. That is the story of my life.... :roll:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

User avatar
SODDI
KVRAF
3322 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:16 pm

It sounds impressive. But ditto on the GUI. When you have synthesis this complex, utilitarianism is the rule.

User avatar
StudioDave
KVRian
1083 posts since 23 Jun, 2007 from Findlay OH USA

Post Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:38 am

InearDisplay wrote:... for the time being the Glitchmachines plugins will be Mac/Windows only.
:(

A belated thank you for the original Inear Linux plugins, fortunately I have all of them and can continue to investigate their great potential. I hope you eventually release new processors for Linux.

Best,

dp

User avatar
core
KVRAF
4694 posts since 2 Sep, 2005 from city of lights (nl)

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:14 am

You can win a copy of the Polygon plugin at http://rekkerd.org/plugin-boutique-give ... hmachines/

Good luck :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Looking for something new? Make sure to check here!

Return to “Instruments”