Glitchmachines Polygon

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
DrFolder
KVRist
142 posts since 4 Feb, 2015

Post Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:49 am

How do I upgrade if I brought it at Plugin boutique? Only seems to be available at Glitch Machines for now. Maybe it will become available.

Edit: It will be available at Plugin Boutique tomorrow.

PTV
KVRAF
2188 posts since 5 Jan, 2006

Post Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:56 am

aMUSEd wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:20 am
That’s a problem as I made a lot of presets in Polygon I don’t want to lose. Does it install over the old version or as a separate plugin?
"There is no need to uninstall Polygon 1.x - Polygon 2.0 shows up in your DAW as a separate plugin that can coexist with older versions. "

https://glitchmachines.com/wp-content/u ... etails.pdf

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
28484 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:31 am

Oh, sodding great, they decided to miss out the bit where they're not including a VST2 version.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

simmo75
KVRAF
2186 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:41 am

DrFolder wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:49 am
How do I upgrade if I brought it at Plugin boutique? Only seems to be available at Glitch Machines for now. Maybe it will become available.

Edit: It will be available at Plugin Boutique tomorrow.
It’s on PB, Polygon 2 update from 1. $30

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
31631 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:13 am

whyterabbyt wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:31 am
Oh, sodding great, they decided to miss out the bit where they're not including a VST2 version.
Ah...balls!

metaside
KVRist
173 posts since 11 Oct, 2012

Post Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:54 am

Looks good, I would be all over this usually! But I completely switched back to VST2 after testing some VST3 plugins, since it added an additional folder layer (VST2/VST3) to my plugin browser, resulting in a lot of additional clicking. I'm not really planning to add any VST3-only plugins to my selection anytime soon.

skyscape
KVRist
169 posts since 23 Oct, 2005 from Australia

Post Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:44 pm

This looks really good, and would have been an instant buy from me, but vst3 is a dealbreaker. My host doesn't support it yet. Lucky this was mentioned, as I was about to take the plunge.

Kinh
KVRian
1411 posts since 26 Aug, 2012

Post Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:39 am

does dis do anything other than make noises? can you do anything musical wit it?

User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
9201 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Post Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:52 am

Yes, it just gets wacky depending on your source wave and the modulation setup
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Smapti
KVRist
163 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Post Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:06 am

I disagree strongly with the idea that noise is unmusical (& I wouldn't call Glitchmachines sounds "noise" at all)... but yes of course you can make traditional pitched sounds if you so desire. There's even a synth in Polygon. Last I checked, classical subtractive synthesis was not considered "noise."

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
3830 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:43 am

Kinh wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:39 am
does dis do anything other than make noises? can you do anything musical wit it?
No. YOU can't do anything musical with it. That's unfortunate but ok. Please don't impose your own limitations on other people. Don't say "you" when you are referring to yourself. :party:

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
28484 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:07 am

Kinh wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:39 am
does dis do anything other than make noises? can you do anything musical wit it?
Shit bwoy, wha-you-on about mate? it dont matter none, just process dis da right way.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

Kinh
KVRian
1411 posts since 26 Aug, 2012

Post Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:21 pm

plexuss wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:43 am
Kinh wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:39 am
does dis do anything other than make noises? can you do anything musical wit it?
No. YOU can't do anything musical with it. That's unfortunate but ok. Please don't impose your own limitations on other people. Don't say "you" when you are referring to yourself. :party:
I haven't tried using it yet so technically there's no reason why I cant make anything musical with it. So...right back at you - dont say "you" when you are referring to yourself. :party: :party: hehe

simmo75
KVRAF
2186 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:53 am

Any experts on here?
How do I tempo sync loops in Polygon 2, drum loops etc?

simmo75
KVRAF
2186 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:19 am

simmo75 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:53 am
Any experts on here?
How do I tempo sync loops in Polygon 2, drum loops etc?
Hmmm.... so maybe it’s not possible or there’s no interest in Polygon 2.0

Return to “Instruments”