Cycle OSX public beta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DavenH wrote:
UncleAge wrote:I loaded 40 instances into Reaper just to see how hungry it is. Different midi file on each track and a different preset in each instance. CPU usage was hovering around 50%. Not bad.

Also, didn't see any spikes or any slowdown. All screens came up quickly. I had the standalone running as well.
Jeez, you have a very hefty computer. How was memory, pretty high? I can barely believe that worked.

My machine is a late 2009 iMac i7/2.8Ghz. In total memory was at 1.83GB. The only other plugin was a limiter on the master (jic) and a js/midi transpose on each track to deal with the midi file(s). The heaviest tracks varied from 1.2% -2%. That report out is from inside Reaper. It was in the same ballpark as what I saw in the system's activity monitor (for everything).

New installer up.
  • crash with freehand drawing fixed + improvements
  • crash on quit when voice playing fixed
  • preset rating fixed (again :) )
  • save dialog behind windows - there's a good chance that's fixed but I couldn't reproduce the problem
  • custom file browser in plugins / native file browser in standalone (no heavyweight modal windows in plugins)
  • various updates to presets to take advantage of expanded spectral vertex domain in v1.2
  • crash on navigation to different preset after wav loading, fixed
  • directory for wav files in preset browser when you clikc the wav icon

Updates...
  • Wrapped-line selection improved
  • Accuracy improved on freehand drawing conversion to curve & automatic impulse modelling
  • misc graphic quirks fixed
  • modulation ability restored to spectral-free voices
  • Deformer & scratch envelope layer counts reset on preset switch
  • Graphic corruption after loading audio samples fixed
  • Fixed potential crash to unisoned spectral-free voice/*]
  • Occasional unrestored detail reduction fixed
  • Attack-zooming buttons on impulse modeller

So, I'm still wondering if Cycle is still "crashing validation on Logic Pro X" - can anyone confirm this?

I'm looking to release Feb 1 or soon after. It would be great to get this figured out...

DavenH wrote:Updates...

So, I'm still wondering if Cycle is still "crashing validation on Logic Pro X" - can anyone confirm this?

I'm looking to release Feb 1 or soon after. It would be great to get this figured out...
Can you post an updated link for download?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Can you post an updated link for download?
Sure! http://amaranthaudio.com/forum/download/file.php?id=48

Any chance of making more of the interface automatable? Particularly the Position params which at the moment don't seem to show up as automatable params.

aMUSEd wrote:Any chance of making more of the interface automatable? Particularly the Position params which at the moment don't seem to show up as automatable params.
Those parameters have no effect on the audio, they're for UI and the editing process only. Unless you mean to automate them for a visual performance?
You can automate the modwheel events, using your host, which is what mod position slider is usually mapped to.

I'm working on much more powerful modulation options next point release.

Are there audio-relevant parameters you'd want to see automated?

DavenH wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Any chance of making more of the interface automatable? Particularly the Position params which at the moment don't seem to show up as automatable params.
Those parameters have no effect on the audio, they're for UI and the editing process only. Unless you mean to automate them for a visual performance?
You can automate the modwheel events, using your host, which is what mod position slider is usually mapped to.

I'm working on much more powerful modulation options next point release.

Are there audio-relevant parameters you'd want to see automated?
Ah sorry maybe I misunderstood their purpose - it looked like the time position slider, for example, enables you to manually sweep through all the points along the timeline (just as in the standalone version you can do that using the transport control). I thought it would be cool to be able to map that to a knob on my Kore controller.

aMUSEd wrote: Ah sorry maybe I misunderstood their purpose - it looked like the time position slider, for example, enables you to manually sweep through all the points along the timeline (just as in the standalone version you can do that using the transport control). I thought it would be cool to be able to map that to a knob on my Kore controller.
Yep. Like I say this will be possible soon, where I'll decouple the yellow and red dimensions and make their modulation inputs mappable, where presently they're hardcoded to voice-time and midi key (key scale). In fact, the mod input to each dimension of every layer and envelope will be individually mappable which is going to be great.

But for now you can do a similar sweep through points along the mod dimension by automating the mod wheel events.

Return to “Instruments”