Anyone using Transfuser 2.0?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRian
1321 posts since 7 Jun, 2007

Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:46 pm

I'm running the demo on my laptop, Win10 32bit, Core2Duo 2.10GHz processor, 3GB RAM, Generic Low Latency audio driver. Way below the minimum spec requirement stated on the site. Running smooth as can be, even when loaded with way more "racks" than I'd ever use in one go. No problems at all. The soft iLok registration even survived the stupid Win10 update which broke my Cubase 6 Elements registration! (Aaargh!)

The patterns [CAN - edit, see below] be dragged out to your DAW's MIDI tracks, although they can be dragged from one "rack" in Transfuser to another. EnergyXT often shows MIDI outputs in its modular view even when the vst doesn't have any MIDI out/thru capability, but for Transfuser 2 the MIDI out is definitely not there, not even shown by mistake.

The sounds seem quite dated in an old sampler (EMU) kind of way. But this device's strength is in generating ideas and grooves to get the creative juices going. Sounds great going thru a character bitcrusher like d16's Decimort or filters to play up its grittier lo-fi quality. The drums make great groovy mids, which can be complemented with crisp tops or bassy kicks from another source. The onboard EQ is pretty basic and a bit harsh on the high end, so just bare in mind that Transfuser 2 doesn't sound hifi and you probably won't be able to force it to either, but I suppose it has a fairly authentic old-school sampler type vibe, and the content is actually really good when viewed that way.

The onboard synth is basic and doesn't sound that great, but it does have a few sweet spots and gets the job done. You might decide to copy the synth patterns to your DAW by hand and use another VSTi to play those parts. If you take the onboard synth for what it is and are prepared to muck with effects to spice it up then it's also a really nice inclusion.

I'm definitely gonna buy this. Can't be beaten at this price! The GUI is small and feels like going back to 2000, but it's definitely workable, and actually quite fun. Hope this helps.
Last edited by xalama qo on Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRAF
1560 posts since 21 Dec, 2012

Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:00 pm

Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

KVRist
394 posts since 21 Jan, 2015

Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:55 pm

xalama qo wrote:The patterns can't be dragged out to your DAW's MIDI tracks, although they can be dragged from one "rack" in Transfuser to another.
I believe they can be dragged and dropped in to your DAW by dragging from the pattern selector. See https://youtu.be/vcGAbgIa3kg?t=11m47s

KVRAF
4160 posts since 7 Jun, 2012 from Warsaw

Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:10 pm

I own Transfuser, even got through entire manual. Don't have an idea what to do with it yet :shrug: Looks like DAW-in--a-box with little number of interesting features.
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

KVRian
1321 posts since 7 Jun, 2007

Post Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:47 am

terminus_one wrote:
xalama qo wrote:The patterns can't be dragged out to your DAW's MIDI tracks, although they can be dragged from one "rack" in Transfuser to another.
I believe they can be dragged and dropped in to your DAW by dragging from the pattern selector. See https://youtu.be/vcGAbgIa3kg?t=11m47s
Quite right! I just tried that and it works. Fantastic, thanks for clearing that up! Transfuser just got even more attractive! :tu:

KVRian
709 posts since 28 Sep, 2012 from Norway

Post Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:27 am

xalama qo wrote:
terminus_one wrote:
Quite right! I just tried that and it works. Fantastic, thanks for clearing that up! Transfuser just got even more attractive! :tu:
Yay! Time to fire it up and experiment some more. Thanks Terminus One

KVRian
1349 posts since 2 Mar, 2005

Post Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:24 am

It looks like the effects are only per track, auxillary buses or on the main output. No effects on the individual outputs... is that correct?
Komplete 12 Ultimate, Falcon, Omnisphere 2, IK Total Studio 2 Max, Dune 3, Sylenth, Synthmaster, Thorn, Tal Sampler, Addictive Drums 2, Izotope Tonal Bundle, Reaper, Reason, FL Studio, Alesis Fusion 8HD

KVRist
283 posts since 23 Apr, 2011 from Seattle WA

Post Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:17 am

I'm a recent bundle buyer. Transfuser seems to be a very interesting idea generator as has live performance abilities as well. I'm actually VERY impressed with all of these plugs and wish I gotten them sooner.

KVRian
512 posts since 6 Dec, 2014

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:13 pm

I got this since I bought AIEP3.
I've never used this, even not installed it.
Last night, I tried it for fun.
I'm really impressed. It is a real hidden treasure! :)
Only complaint about it is tiny GUI. :(

KVRist
50 posts since 7 Apr, 2012 from Stockholm

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:17 am

Agredd, It is a real hidden treasure!

with a too small GUI

nicksohn wrote:I got this since I bought AIEP3.
I've never used this, even not installed it.
Last night, I tried it for fun.
I'm really impressed. It is a real hidden treasure! :)
Only complaint about it is tiny GUI. :(

KVRAF
1729 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:29 am

Loop slicing and remixing with MARIO is pretty neat, a good source of new glitchy grooves.

The pad sampler is ok too; don't discount how much you can reshape drum hits with the pitch and volume envelopes.

Some of the effects are ok, I have the gate sequencer and lofi sequencer setup as general-purpose effects via the "external audio" instrument and saved in my REAPER FX chains alongside other slicer effects.

Banned
3896 posts since 17 Jan, 2017 from Planet of cats

Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:50 am

Time for necromancy since this thing is on sale at vstbuzz. Anyone used transfuser 2 and has something enlightening to say about it? :D

KVRAF
15508 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:06 am

I use Transfuser from time to time. It reminds me a lot of XPhraze and if I remember correctly some of the people who worked at Wizzoo also work for Air Music so the two may share some DNA.

For $20 it seems like a no-brainer to me but we're all different. Someone else might find it horrible and useless.

I assume there is no demo ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

KVRAF
2052 posts since 26 Jul, 2004

Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:43 am

Teksonik wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:06 am
I use Transfuser from time to time. It reminds me a lot of XPhraze and if I remember correctly some of the people who worked at Wizzoo also work for Air Music so the two may share some DNA.

For $20 it seems like a no-brainer to me but we're all different. Someone else might find it horrible and useless.

I assume there is no demo ?
Go here
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... ansfuser-2

KVRAF
15508 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:27 am

Ahhh I see. I thought since it's sample based there would be no demo. Is it a full demo (all the sample content included) ? I've owned Transfuser for a while but for anyone considering purchasing it with this low sales price it's good there is a demo. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”