FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
phreaque
KVRian
686 posts since 17 Jul, 2007 from Baghdad-Iq

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 am

Halonmusic wrote:It already IS a great synth.
I'd say that too mate, although there must be a finalization for the product and make it officially available to public.
Phreaque Modi

Drew Lake
KVRist
40 posts since 16 Jul, 2017

Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:33 am

I agree but it still feels unfinished with bugs and even the GUI is a bit rough around the edges.

Halonmusic
KVRAF
1618 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:03 am

phreaque wrote:
I'd say that too mate, although there must be a finalization for the product and make it officially available to public.
Drew Lake wrote:
I agree but it still feels unfinished with bugs and even the GUI is a bit rough around the edges.
Yes that is true. Wasnt it supposed to be updated by his friend or something?

Drew Lake
KVRist
40 posts since 16 Jul, 2017

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:48 am

Halonmusic wrote:
phreaque wrote:
Drew Lake wrote:
I believe so but I guess life has taken over...who knows...

phreaque
KVRian
686 posts since 17 Jul, 2007 from Baghdad-Iq

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:53 am

Halonmusic wrote:Yes that is true. Wasnt it supposed to be updated by his friend or something?
Actually there was an update by Clement (Olivier's friend), back in 2016, some fixes and that's it. I believe he doesn't have enough time. Perhaps it's better to contact him directly.
Phreaque Modi

Halonmusic
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:13 am

Drew Lake wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
phreaque wrote:
Drew Lake wrote:
I believe so but I guess life has taken over...who knows...
Yeah I guess so.
phreaque wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Yes that is true. Wasnt it supposed to be updated by his friend or something?
Actually there was an update by Clement (Olivier's friend), back in 2016, some fixes and that's it. I believe he doesn't have enough time. Perhaps it's better to contact him directly.
Oh I remember there was something wrong with the fm ratio or something. Maybe that is the update.

z.prime
KVRAF
1638 posts since 29 Sep, 2011

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:07 am

phreaque wrote:... there was an update by Clement (Olivier's friend), back in 2016, some fixes and that's it. I believe he doesn't have enough time ...
Exactly my point. Why let this great synth die because it can't be maintained? The main developer has sadly passed away and unless he had explicit wishes that his friend learn development and carry on, it would seem to make the most sense to just open source the thing at this point and let Oliver at least have that legacy.

Cheers!

Halonmusic
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:38 am

z.prime wrote:
phreaque wrote:... there was an update by Clement (Olivier's friend), back in 2016, some fixes and that's it. I believe he doesn't have enough time ...
Exactly my point. Why let this great synth die because it can't be maintained? The main developer has sadly passed away and unless he had explicit wishes that his friend learn development and carry on, it would seem to make the most sense to just open source the thing at this point and let Oliver at least have that legacy.

Cheers!
Yeah that would be great

excuse me please
KVRist
34 posts since 10 Oct, 2018

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:50 am

I tried several commercial synths, but somehow it didn't click. Then I went to VST4free. Brainstormer has 5 stars, so I dld it. They have the old version without presets, though. So I did some research and came to this thread. Sadly the dev passed away. But I still want to thank them!
Wot a sound!

Return to “Instruments”