DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

And spectral filter? Will be considered in Dune 3?
Oberheim 8000 wrote:
Richard_Synapse wrote:
Oberheim 8000 wrote:Can we get spectral filter in Dune 3 ? Similar like Spectral synth with filter offset (LP from +6 to 24), frequency and resonance. If in Dune 3 will be option to have two filters, I can imagine to experiment with two Spectral filters.
Just to clarify, you mean the Linplug synth Spectral correct?

Richard
Yes

Oberheim 8000 wrote:And spectral filter? Will be considered in Dune 3?
Just bought it and checked it out. The whole synth seems to use an entirely different approach to synthesis based in the frequency domain, very interesting, but completely different from a typical VA synth. IIRC the synth ZynAddSubFX first introduced a similar concept about 15 years ago, and still seems to be around.

In any case Dune 3 will introduce new, top-notch filters that's for sure 8)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Thanks for info.

If I may ask another question, what about wavetables and wave creation, will be it in Dune 3 ? (I post some ideas on your forum some time ago (synapse-audio forum), but I don't know if it was considered).

Oberheim 8000 wrote:Thanks for info.

If I may ask another question, what about wavetables and wave creation, will be it in Dune 3 ? (I post some ideas on your forum some time ago (synapse-audio forum), but I don't know if it was considered).
Yes it will have a powerful editor, where you can create your own wavetables or import wave files. Regarding your ideas, we generally consider all ideas of course but I don't know under which nickname you posted and when. If you could post a link or copy/paste your wishes here I'm happy to comment on them :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

That is great.

I have Oberheim nickname on your forum. I checked my old post, but now it is not much relevant because it was for Dune 2 idea. Now I have more experience with WT synth (Serum) and my old idea is nothing more what basic WT editor have. If you are interest in my post, here it is:
http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... =5&t=11272
But for the LFOs and MSEGs (what I have on my idea post) can be apply for v3 :)
separate LFOs (and MSEGs) for each voice
Now, if Dune 3 will have full wavetable creation capabilities (hand draw wave with tools and harmonics editor similar like Serum) my new ideas are:
1. + new wave creation by bezier curves - similar like Cycle synth (from amaranth audio) or like some 2D vector graphic editor (inkscape)
- with bezier curve editor for more detailed wave, there will be tools where you can under point or line, raise some noise or another bezier curve pattern (similar to Serum, but Serum have it by grid)
- grid for bezier curve editor, user can change grid in horizontal and vertical and snap points in to grid.
- every change in curve editor will be reflected in harmonic editor or hand wave editor.

2. options to follow curve in harmonic editor. That means harmonics will follow curve displayed in harmonic area. User can add points and change curve or make lines and patterns for curve.
- curve is non-destructive editing, that means if wave is created by hand, harmonics or imported, turn follow curve options only add new harmonics, raise raised harmonics, turn down raised harmonics, and combinations of this three - it depends on options.
When options follow the curve is turned off, harmonics are back to original positions.

3. option Snap to grid in harmonic editor - harmonic is snaped to user defined grid, when harmonic is edited. It can be used for follow curve too (point 2.).

4. 2D mode for wavetable. It is inspired from Wavemapper (Wolfgang PPG).
That means wavetable will have 2d mode option where all wave will be displayed not side by side (1d) but in grid with columns and rows (like Wavemapper) (2d) and user can rearange this waves.

Grid can be resized from 2x2 to any size with maximum possible waves in wavetable. For example 16x16, 8x3, 128x2, 2x32, ...
On each grid cell, will be displayed wave.

This mode will have special 2D MSEG and can be draw in this wavetable 2D grid and set points which are start, loop-start, loop-end and release.
- points can be snaped to grid - each point will be centered in to one wave (grid cell)
- points can be freely added or moved in grid
- change line curve between two points (with curve tools, i don't know how it call it, inspired from bezier curve from 2d vector editor like inkscape)
- linear time editor with options for times (free by seconds and snap by tempo ) and speed

While 2D MSEGs is playing, it take each wave from wave grid cell.
- If played point is centered in one grid cell, it play only one wave from this cell.
- if played point is between two grid cells it mix waves like classic wavetable
- if played point is between four waves while crossing in to another point in wavetable grid, it mix four waves.
- etc..

Transitions between all waves are smooth.

5. And good GUI. Consider most on functionality = display most controls as possible, if something can control another thing, dont hide it in to ModMatrix, of course it is not possible to do for everything but for example filter, osc will have one or two special knob where you can choose MSEG or LFO or any controlable source and destination, and with knob change the amount of changes. For example, osiclator have this knob, where you choose oscilator2 as source and destination as pitch and set up amount with knob.
Another example, If wavetable editor or other editors like ModMatrix will be inside small rectangle, the workflow can be not enjoyable or will be annoying.

a lot of great idea here !

Occasionally found this at the FB page of Green Beats which are agruably among the best psychill producers out there.

You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Will Dune 3 ever get released with that massive feature list? I'm taking about Oberheim 8000.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Yes

What is that massive feature list you're talking about? So far, i've only read about dual filters, new filter types, and some minor other things.

The wavetable editor is one of the new key features.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Right, i actually read about that too. That's a big feature indeed. :) Is there a full list of planned features though? Would be interested to know.

Can't SA pick a different skin for the Featured Product ad on the right side of the KVR site? Just saying, Dune 2 is featured so often, the eye hardly notices it anymore. So, pick a light skin for a change, I think there were different colors...

is there still an upgrade price for dune 2, i don't see it on the website anymore?

artificialmusic wrote:is there still an upgrade price for dune 2, i don't see it on the website anymore?
There is a bundle of (Dune 1+2), but you are right there is no upgrade price from Dune 1 to Dune 2. I think it would be nice to have another bundle (Legend + Dune 2) for $199 ;) Well, this is what I paid for the two anyway :D

I hope there will be a reasonable upgrade price from Dune 2 to 3 (that means <= $99 for me), but let's see version 3 first and hear it! Who knows? I might not upgrade after all as I have synths cover me from head to toe!

Return to “Instruments”