DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Xenox.AFL wrote:Some words from me....

Sound is okay, GUI looks not bad but i don't like the small window in the middle... All in all the synth is okay but overpriced, muched overpriced and it's just another VA synth, we have enough on the market...

Frank

So you'll have a soundbank out for it soon then...

Nope, i haven't bought it till today, but if i buy it, there will be ofcourse a soundbank from me released...

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Chris-S wrote:
Zero freq carriers - do you mean DC offset.
When you put a carrier to zero you can achieve a waveshaping effect.
The carrier-waveform is the transform-function in this case.
Note that you can do waveshaping by modulating WT position in a wavetable using oscillators in the mod matrix, e.g., Osc 2 : +100 : Osc 1 WT Position. This works best with wavetables with smooth transitions.

Edit: and with CPU settings at max.
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Sound is okay, GUI looks not bad but i don't like the small window in the middle... All in all the synth is okay but overpriced, muched overpriced and it's just another VA synth, we have enough on the market...

Frank
You really need to spend some more time with it before labeling it "just another VA", when it clearly is not either "just another" or a "VA".
There's much more to Dune2 than that.
Of course if your lazy, and can't be bothered to dig deep into it, you'll just end up with just another heard it all before soundset, from just another SD.

mcnoone wrote:

Frank
You really need to spend some more time with it before labeling it "just another VA", when it clearly is not either "just another" or a "VA".
Of course if your lazy, and can't be bothered to dig deep into it, you'll just end up with just another heard it all before soundset, from just another SD.
I'd agree...

Plus it's only one person's opinion of the synth (which he's entitled to). However, the overwhelming majority seem to really like it, me included. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Where's mac vst?

mcnoone wrote:

Frank

+1

Sure, Kriminal and Robmobius…

You're right, i didn't spend much time on it…! But, hm, there are synth i start and i had the feeling there is much more behind it and it got my interest and i start making stuff for it or, sometimes, i make music… ! ;)

But, i started Dune2 and i never said to me: I need this, sorry, i don't know why because the sound is ok, much better as other synths… Ofcourse, this is only my opinion… At the end of the day it counts what you can do with it, not what i think about it..

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Xenox.AFL wrote:Sure, Kriminal and Robmobius…

You're right, i didn't spend much time on it…! But, hm, there are synth i start and i had the feeling there is much more behind it and it got my interest and i start making stuff for it or, sometimes, i make music… ! ;)

But, i started Dune2 and i never said to me: I need this, sorry, i don't know why because the sound is ok, much better as other synths… Ofcourse, this is only my opinion… At the end of the day it counts what you can do with it, not what i think about it..

Frank

Hey Frank, its no big deal, im just surprised. As someone who makes soundbanks, i thought you would have seen the possibilities and been all over it.

What I really like about it is the way one can build up a sound step by step, or in better words: dissect your idea of a sound and assign the parts (i.e. attack, body, character, little extras, etc.) to different voices.

The demo presets didn't impress me too much, but the way I can find, style and sculpt "my sound" is simply awesome. I don't remember when I had so much fun and quick results when designing a patch. :tu:

P.S. That's why I'm wondering about the flood of wavetables coming in. It's like having a perfectly built kitchen with plenty of vegetables, meat and spices at hand... and a friend interrupts your cooking creativity with a bag of fast food from the nearest drive-in. I mean: nothing against burgers from time to time. But Dune2 doesn't deserve it. (2ct)

elassi wrote: P.S. That's why I'm wondering about the flood of wavetables coming in. It's like having a perfectly built kitchen with plenty of vegetables, meat and spices at hand... and a friend interrupts your cooking creativity with a bag of fast food from the nearest drive-in. I mean: nothing against burgers from time to time. But Dune2 doesn't deserve it. (2ct)

you should look at them as another ingredient. You can pick and chose what you use, and what you dont.

I really love the oscillator stack (or i like to call it "Superwave") also as it works for all modes and not just for the Sawtooth waveform. I guess i used this in almost any patch i did with DUNE 2 so far. This is far more useful than only for those typical and "Supersaw" like sounds (while i like those too i have to admit...).
Great to easily make "big" sounds and in many cases not even an additional Fx like e.g. Chorus and/or Reverb is needed.

Currently exploring using a bigger amount of voices and also the differnt modes for the oscillator stack like e.g. "Gaussian" or "Sub Osc".

Last but not least compared to using unison (which in DUNE 2 seems to be more CPU friendly than in some other synths) the oscillator stack seems to be quite low on CPU use. A combination of it with Unison could be interesting too but in some cases could be too much.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Kriminal wrote:you should look at them as another ingredient. You can pick and chose what you use, and what you dont.
Yes, you're right. The "fast food"-example isn't too good. ;)

Let me adjust it to "tons of new ingredients" that pile up in your kitchen. One doesn't know where to start. :cry:

@Ingo: Haven't come that far yet. But you appetized me ("Gaussian") so I think I know what I'll have for dinner tonight. :)

Finally decided to buy it. I like the workflow and the sound. But the most important thing is that it doesn't kill my cpu like other newer synth. Definitely will replace Sylenth that i've just sold.
musisikamar.com

I have a question, any idea on how to latch the arpeggiator?

Not finding anything for that on the arp section.
musisikamar.com

Return to “Instruments”