AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hybrid 3 Loom Classic Strike Structure Transfuser Vacuum Pro Velvet

billcarroll wrote:FYI, none of the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack instruments appear to be working in Studio One v2.62
thats not true. i have no problems within S1 v2.62 (after the install which act strange: see my other post in this thread). the x64 vst versions work all flawless FYI! :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
billcarroll wrote:FYI, none of the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack instruments appear to be working in Studio One v2.62
thats not true. i have no problems within S1 v2.62 (after the install which act strange: see my other post in this thread). the x64 vst versions work all flawless FYI! :D
Perhaps not true for you ... but certainly true for me and apparently at least one other.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:
murnau wrote:
Perhaps not true for you ... but certainly true for me and apparently at least one other.
then you should use other words: maybe adding that it don't work for you combined with the question if other have the same problem would be a good start. anyway, i think the fault is on your side. do you really think AIR sell non working vst? :roll:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I've just got the most useless reply from their support...

but found out on pro tools expert blog that the upgrade pricing for the v1 customers is in the works.

If the software's on pair with their support I'd rather not touch it again.

k

murnau wrote:
billcarroll wrote:
murnau wrote:
then you should use other words: maybe adding that it don't work for you combined with the question if other have the same problem would be a good start. anyway, i think the fault is on your side. do you really think AIR sell non working vst? :roll:
"FYI, none of the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack instruments appear to be working in Studio One v2.62"

I just tried opening Hybrid in Studio One, and it crashed Studio One. So ...

I don't think there is anything wrong with my statement. Thanks for your input though.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

soulata wrote: If the software's on pair with their support I'd rather not touch it again.
I find the complete lack of any kind of registered user's area on their website kind of odd - having to go thru some arcane process to request new download links if you need to re-download isn't really what I expect nowdays, nor is 60gb worth of monolithic download (look at fxpansion or camel audio for examples of how a decent user portal and downloading of LARGE sample content separated from plugins should work)

also the fact that they've got a custom activation system so that un-activated plugins run in demo mode, yet DON'T provide demo downloads is weird (well I can understand for strike/structure - but for hybrid/vac pro/loom etc there should be demo versions)

soulata wrote:I've just got the most useless reply from their support...

but found out on pro tools expert blog that the upgrade pricing for the v1 customers is in the works.

If the software's on pair with their support I'd rather not touch it again.

k

That's promising. I've emailed them and have not received any reply. Hopefully the upgrade pricing is reasonable.

I've got mixed feelings about upgrading. I do love Strike, Hybrid, and Transfuser - but could do without them if I had to. I'd rather upgrade and continue to use them, but not at $299 (on top of what I paid for V1).

billcarroll wrote:
murnau wrote:
billcarroll wrote:
murnau wrote:
"FYI, none of the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack instruments appear to be working in Studio One v2.62"

I don't think there is anything wrong with my statement. Thanks for your input though.
Okay first it was every AIR Instrument and now it's Hybrid.. ..sorry to hear it is not working for you btw.

murnau wrote:
billcarroll wrote:
murnau wrote:
billcarroll wrote:
murnau wrote:

Okay first it was every AIR Instrument and now it's Hybrid.. ..sorry to hear it is not working for you btw.
Yeah hybrid happens to be included in the bundle. That's what we call an example.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

murnau wrote: . do you really think AIR sell non working vst? :roll:
You've clearly spent no time at the DUC forum - the idea that AIR would release buggy-as-f**k plug-ins wouldn't induce eye rolls.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

murnau wrote:do you really think AIR sell non working vst?
do you really think every VST works perfectly in every host?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

^^ Don't want to fuel the fire, but billcaroll's post suggested that NONE of the included instruments were working, which is not true. Murnau never said we live in a perfect vst world free of bugs & system related probs. This is a huge pack just ported to vst...

I'm using Studio One so - for how many of you things don't work?

I mean the AIR plugins obviously :)

Thanks,

k

p.s.: I find S1 to be really great host for plugins, it'd be a surprise if they don't crash Cubase and do crash S1

soulata wrote:I'm using Studio One so - for how many of you things don't work?

I mean the AIR plugins obviously :)

Thanks,

k

p.s.: I find S1 to be really great host for plugins, it'd be a surprise if they don't crash Cubase and do crash S1
No problem here in studio one 64 2.6.0.24200
loom 64, hybrid 64 & vacuum pro 64 works fine. Did not test the rest of the instruments.

Best Support -.-
no answer on my support mail for the discount
I hope they will reply one day
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Return to “Instruments”