Xils 4 The Pin Matrix Modular Analog Synthesizer [V1.5 released + Intro Price offer]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS 4

simpic wrote:Sorry to ask this as it may have been mentioned before but will there ever be a plan to release this and the other synths without having to use a dongle. I would love to buy this one and in the future the other synths if it wasn't for the dongle, I know companies now use the elicence or ilok computer software which I don't mind at all.

Cheers
We would use certainly the soft version of Elicencer or Ilok if we were offered the possibility to do so. Unfortunately, its not the case.
( otoh the only plug ins I cant use anymore used this kind of C/R protection, hence why I prefer dongles or serials )

Talking about serials the following Xils-Lab synths are only serial protected :

Oxium : Analog and beyond flagshipp synthesizer.
Xils 3 LE : Powerfull modular synth fully emulating EMS VCS 3 + EMS 256 Polysequencer, but still the lite version of the Xils 3.2
PolyKB II Player ; Player, but still with 8 macros knobs you can assign to the most crucial parameters.

Xils Effect line is only protected by serials also. All with this genuine vintage flavor, and 0df filters when applicable. Then atm no plan of changing things.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

aMUSEd wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: ( JS could you remind me where the bug lies please ? Its an inversion somewhere iirc ? )
Yes, the joystick XY coordinates are the opposite of what they are in XILs3 which means I keep having to change the cc's on my joystick as there is no way to invert the XY coordinates in the plugin.
Thanks Stephen we'll target this one asap

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Robmobius wrote:Great work Xils!! You deserve 5 stars for that synth, because it's a beast. :)
Thanks Rob :)

Lotuzia wrote:
simpic wrote:Sorry to ask this as it may have been mentioned before but will there ever be a plan to release this and the other synths without having to use a dongle. I would love to buy this one and in the future the other synths if it wasn't for the dongle, I know companies now use the elicence or ilok computer software which I don't mind at all.

Cheers
We would use certainly the soft version of Elicencer or Ilok if we were offered the possibility to do so. Unfortunately, its not the case.
( otoh the only plug ins I cant use anymore used this kind of C/R protection, hence why I prefer dongles or serials )

Talking about serials the following Xils-Lab synths are only serial protected :

Oxium : Analog and beyond flagshipp synthesizer.
Xils 3 LE : Powerfull modular synth fully emulating EMS VCS 3 + EMS 256 Polysequencer, but still the lite version of the Xils 3.2
PolyKB II Player ; Player, but still with 8 macros knobs you can assign to the most crucial parameters.

Xils Effect line is only protected by serials also. All with this genuine vintage flavor, and 0df filters when applicable. Then atm no plan of changing things.
Thanks for the reply, I already own xils 3le and polyKB player. I'll have to check out oxium next then I've read good things about it :)

Gribs wrote:Computer Music magazine gave Xils 4 a very good review.

The only dings were things like some tabs on the interface might be difficult for beginners to navigate and the synth has three main panels but only two are available at one time. Pfft... it is like the reviewer had to stretch to find something to list as a "con".

I own Oxium and V+ licenses and have been planning to get PolyKB II next but now I am not so sure :D
Thanks Gribs. I've not yet read this review, hope we will find find it, or someone will send it to us.

For the PolyKB II Vs Xils 4, well just a few things: All Xils-Lab synths, besides different modelling of base components, have unique features or modulators wich make them different from any other synth.

On the PolyKB II for example, you'll not only find the morphing oscillators, closely replicating the ones of the original model, but also the PolyMix and DynaMix engines. PolyMix will give you incredible modulations, based on the pervoice engine, while PolyMix is the key to very large, rich real stereo scenes or synth sounds. At the time where they were released, they were very advanced modulators. Today, they remain unrivaled and unmatched. And for the Xils 4, well this is all this thread is about, its an incredibly powerfull modular synthesizer. If you can afford only one atm, I'd suggest to demo them and see wich one brings you the more, in respect of your current projects.

Do you think you might have a special offer on Xils 4, to celebrate/capitalize on your good reviews :)
(I'm sure a few like me, missed your introductory offer, but now have had our interest raised)

In Computer Music 209 (page 96), Xils 4 get graded 9/10 and a CM Performance Award :)
Last edited by Numanoid on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:In Computer Music 109 (October 2014, page 96), Xils 4 get graded 9/10 and a CM Performance Award :)
Almost! It's issue 209, and it's Autumn issue, not October (that was 208).

It is indeed page 96, though, and those ratings are correct :wink:

Ooops :oops: Did some quick copy editing now

Lotuzia wrote:
Gribs wrote:Computer Music magazine gave Xils 4 a very good review.

The only dings were things like some tabs on the interface might be difficult for beginners to navigate and the synth has three main panels but only two are available at one time. Pfft... it is like the reviewer had to stretch to find something to list as a "con".

I own Oxium and V+ licenses and have been planning to get PolyKB II next but now I am not so sure :D
Thanks Gribs. I've not yet read this review, hope we will find find it, or someone will send it to us.

For the PolyKB II Vs Xils 4, well just a few things: All Xils-Lab synths, besides different modelling of base components, have unique features or modulators wich make them different from any other synth.
I subscribe with the Apple News Stand and the issue arrived a few days ago, so you can probably buy the single issue now.

I have been shopping around for something new to give me a jolt of inspiration. I am in one of those states... Either one of the synths would be very satisfying.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

I want the Poly KB as well. Just saving for a bit of doh.

Love Oxium, Synthix and especially Xils 4 (that one, was the reason I sold my Oberheim). :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I downloaded the demos of both. The Xils 4 GUI is very small! The settings and manual suggest that a larger size is forthcoming, though.

Trying them out...
------------------------------------------
Gribs

thetechnobear wrote:Do you think you might have a special offer on Xils 4, to celebrate/capitalize on your good reviews :)
(I'm sure a few like me, missed your introductory offer, but now have had our interest raised)
Hi TTB,

Well, a lot of people have bought the Xils 4/Xils 3 at full price since the introductory offer has ended, be it because of the mouth to ear buzz, or reviews like theses ones.

Redoing a promo such a short time after would not be fair towards these people. They could feel betrayed, and have food reasons for that.

So unfortunately, no promo at this point. Hope you understand. Some companies are *always* *on sale*, wich imho devaluates their products, while some other never do sales. Xils likes to be somewhere in the middle, wich seems fair to me, and offer good introductory prices, with large periods ( One month or more usually ) Also I believe that companies must sell at full price sometimes, the Xils 4 is an incredible piece of software, wich zillions of possibilities. It also took an equally incredible time to develop, wich certainly make it a bit pricey. But honnestly, I think its fully worth it due to its possibilities, richness, features.

Then, like any other companies, we have these tools like newsletters to inform people of these events. It might be a good idea to sign in for the Xils newsletter. We dont spam ( Average one newsletter per month, sometimes less ) and we try to provide as much valuable information as possible in these newsletters. Including *sales*.

Lee CM wrote:
Numanoid wrote:In Computer Music 109 (October 2014, page 96), Xils 4 get graded 9/10 and a CM Performance Award :)
Almost! It's issue 209, and it's Autumn issue, not October (that was 208).

It is indeed page 96, though, and those ratings are correct :wink:
Thanks Lee and Numanoid.

We'll try to find it then.

Robmobius wrote:I want the Poly KB as well. Just saving for a bit of doh.

Love Oxium, Synthix and especially Xils 4 (that one, was the reason I sold my Oberheim). :)
Thanks Rob,

I hope you will not be disapointed by the PolyKB II. Its very warm sounding, and a full goldmine for vintage sounds.

Return to “Instruments”