Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

zzz00m wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:53 pm
planetearth wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:26 pm
albertodream wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:09 pm
zzz00m wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:22 pm
battlecate wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:57 pm Of course I was after the sounds used on the DX7 for JUMP. :) So catchy.
Huh? The Van Halen song?
Maybe it's the Madonna song, or the Kris Kross song...
The Pointer Sisters' song? "Jump (For My Love)"

Steve
You got a "Point-er" there! Considering the year that song was released, very good chance that was a DX. Sounds like it anyway...
Hot damn! What do I win?!

And what was this all about, anyway? I've lost track....

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

It seems like not all of the parameters in 0.9.5 are exposed to DAWs for automation. I did not have this issue in 0.9.4hf1.

For example, in 0.9.4hf1, I am able to configure OP 2's Coarse parameter as an automatable parameter in Ableton. But, in 0.9.5, I am unable to do that.

Anyone else dealing with this? Any workarounds?

Thanks

Any chance to release an update where it's possible to load user waveforms or at least to have additional waveforms on operators?

jbone1313 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:34 pm It seems like not all of the parameters in 0.9.5 are exposed to DAWs for automation. I did not have this issue in 0.9.4hf1.

For example, in 0.9.4hf1, I am able to configure OP 2's Coarse parameter as an automatable parameter in Ableton. But, in 0.9.5, I am unable to do that.

Anyone else dealing with this? Any workarounds?

Thanks
There were issues with VST3 automation with this version. It is now fixed with with 0.9.6.

macOS binary version says it's 1.0.0.

I have to keep version 1.0 to keep the compatibility of the plugin between the versions. Once we go on version 1.0.0 for real this will be updated accordingly.

I'm confused, where are you guys getting these newer versions from?

I've always used this as my access point to Dexed -- https://asb2m10.github.io/dexed/ -- and it is still at 0.9.6....

nvm
Last edited by mladi on Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

The real version is 0.9.6. The version in the plugin manifest doesn't match the version of the code. We do this to keep compatibility. If I put 0.9.6 in the plugin manifest, the plugin wont load old projects since it is looking for the version 1.0 and up.

If you want to know the version of dexed, click on the logo to get about box.

Have there been any issues with VST3 as it pertains to SysEx out capabilities? I know Steinberg's been really... asinine, for lack of a better word, when it comes to MIDI support within VST3 - though I guess if the MIDI irregularities are just limited to Note/CC timings being improperly serialized it wouldn't be critical for SysEx...

in re new version 0.9.6:
i am havin problems with the installer on mac, mojave

the zip unzips fine
but the resulting .mpkg crashes hard with a crashlogfile when opening/doubleclick

crashlog saved - i'll happyily send it in case...

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Using Dexed as a librarian.

I feel like I must be super dense, but I just got a hardware DX7 and have been trying to use Dexed to load in new patches. Nothing seems to be happening, and I have not found any step by step guides on how to do this. However people seem to really love using Dexed as a librarian/editor, so I feel like I am missing something obvious. Can anyone point me to an explanation on how this is supposed to work so I can troubleshoot what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Ckafoweeth wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:04 pm Using Dexed as a librarian.

I feel like I must be super dense, but I just got a hardware DX7 and have been trying to use Dexed to load in new patches. Nothing seems to be happening, and I have not found any step by step guides on how to do this. However people seem to really love using Dexed as a librarian/editor, so I feel like I am missing something obvious. Can anyone point me to an explanation on how this is supposed to work so I can troubleshoot what I am doing wrong? Thanks!
Have you turned the Memory Protect off on the DX7? Make sure you have the DX7 Out selected to match the same MIDI port you have the DX7 connected on. Also, ensure that the MIDI RCV channel on the DX7 is set to the same as you have in the PARM settings page on DEXED.

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, I think i have all of that set up. I was able to send new patches via MIDI-OX, though it seems like it freezes up the DX7 at the end and I need to power cycle it, but once I do, they are all in there. Does it matter if I am using Dexed as a VST or standalone? When does Dexed try to send patches? I can see the lights on my midi adapter working when I hit keys or change knobs in Dexed, but not when selecting new patches/cartridges...

Return to “Instruments”