Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Upgraded to 6.5 a minute ago. For 19 euros it's a deal! I'm impatient to discover (yes) the new features you told about in the last months!
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

In my opinion Discovery Pro is by far the best Nordlead 2 emulation!

While I'm at it, George, could you remind me if it emulates other Clavia models (Nordlead 3/4/A1 or Nord Stage or Nord Electro for example) or only the Nordlead 2 and its declinations ? (which is already very versatile!)

Otherwise, do you have in mind any project to begin an emulation of them somewhere in the next years... ? It would be wonderful !

I love all your synth! Image The only one I miss is Corona, but it is scheduled for April, my disability allowance allowing me not to purchase full products at other moments than begins of quarters.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

So whats in 6.5?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

It seems I missed the latest 6.4.x versions, and they now don't show up in my account :?

And what is new in version 6.5 to justify a paid update? Can you sum it up briefly, please?
Fernando (FMR)

George,

How long does the update take to show up in your members area after it is purchased?

Jon

Just at the page 2 of the current thread he talked a few about it...

Here.

And I saw that the 6.5 is now available... by logging to my member area (you log in your member area with the email address you used to purchase Discovery Pro and with the order ID you had in the mail that you received when you purchased your copy of the plugin).

In the page which opens then... you can see (in a combo box) the invitation to upgrade to the version 6.5 for the moment reserved to the current customers.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:Just at the page 2 of the current thread he talked a few about it...

Here.

And I saw that the 6.5 is now available... by logging to my member area (you log in your member area with the email address you used to purchase Discovery Pro and with the order ID you had in the mail that you received when you purchased your copy of the plugin).

In the page which opens then... you can see (in a combo box) the invitation to upgrade to the version 6.5 for the moment reserved to the current customers.
I just purchased the update because I really like the Discovery Pro synth, but those features George mentioned in 6.5 don't seem to justify an upgrade price. They seem like things that could be done in a free update, (Skinning, Higher res, tuning) unless there are some other features he didn't mention or wanted to keep secret.

It's not a bad upgrade price, I was just expecting something more than skins, higher resolutions and tuning (since it looks great already at high res)

fmr wrote:It seems I missed the latest 6.4.x versions, and they now don't show up in my account :?

And what is new in version 6.5 to justify a paid update? Can you sum it up briefly, please?
Yep, i don't think i like that. No download for latest 6.4.x in members area and simply no info whats new in the paid upgrade to 6.5.

Maybe considering first to inform your customers why they should pay 19 EUR could be a good idea and please inform them generally about every update not only Bliss. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Indeed, I've received a bunch of e-malis about Bliss updates (and I don't have Bliss) but no info about Discovery Pro update. What was changed compared to the latest 6.4x? Only the GUI/skin stuff?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

murnau wrote:Yep, i don't think i like that. No download for latest 6.4.x in members area and simply no info whats new in the paid upgrade to 6.5.
It seems bizarre that George kills off the downloads for older versions the moment there's a paid update.

Plus, I just checked my account and it seems the €5 I paid for Vertigo 3.6 (simply for a change of copy protection) on top of the 3.5 update has gone AWOL as the site insists I need to pay again to see any more downloads.

These are not things that make people think "yeah, I gotta keep paying into this".

That's strange! I didn't get a notification email about the update ...(?)

Edit: and Discovery Pro has been removed from my downloads and I haven't even upgraded. WTF?

Yes, can't download 6.4 anymore. Maybe I have a backup of it somewhere. Not nice :(

Hello, Discovery 6.5 will be officially announced next Monday.

6.4.6 downloads have been available for 8+ months, more than enough to download a backup!

For any issues please contact using the form at http://www.discodsp.com/contact/

Some e-mail address have been rejecting the license key and upgrade notification (like BlackWinny) so please let us know.

Cheers,
George.

George wrote:Hello, Discovery 6.5 will be officially announced next Monday.

6.4.6 downloads have been available for 8+ months, more than enough to download a backup!
Only if people knew this was coming, we didn't. I tend to delete small installers that I know I can redownload at any point.

waltercruz wrote:Yes, can't download 6.4 anymore. Maybe I have a backup of it somewhere. Not nice :(

Totally agree!

You check your account and notice something is missing ... (and I purchased it < 3 months ago ...)

Seems like 'legal theft!' :(

As a 'gesture' to his PAYING customers George should change that!

George wrote:6.4.6 downloads have been available for 8+ months, more than enough to download a backup!
What is the point of removing them in any case?

Return to “Instruments”