Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote: I will post some soundclips , they sound exactly the same
Thanks for that. Was always interested in some A/B examples.

@Examigan @future-bit happy to know!

Regarding Nord Lead 2 filters, we did some extensive modeling on that regard and results should be very similar indeed.

discoDSP wrote:@Examigan @future-bit happy to know!

Regarding Nord Lead 2 filters, we did some extensive modeling on that regard and results should be very similar indeed.
My point being that the soundiles I provided ( previous page ) actually show that discovery's filter sound like the nord modular classic ladder filter and not the the standard nord lead filter .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Good for George

Something else I Found IN discovery ( not pro )
The notch filter on the nord lead 2 is actually a 12db low pass filter + notch .
In discovery the notch filter ( labeled as 24 db bandreject ) is just a 12 db low pass filter .
Eyeball exchanging

@gentleclockdivider that's a bug and should be solved on the incoming Discovery update.

I own both of the Nord Lead 2x and Modular G1, the Discovery Pro can sound close to those. But the Sample Osc really made it shine. Great range of gritty samples there, almost like a vintage sampler within a vintage VA. Love how the engine sounds, especially with those great sounding filters. Imho it sounds closer to the original NL2 which has a different converter than the 2x. Not often to have a 16/24bit kind of clarity and lushness with a 8/12bit grittiness and warmth like using this, wonderful balance with a hardware vibe. I prefer the basic character over the Nord Wave.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Glad to see you are loving Discovery Pro crystalmsc :hug:

Fresh review by Synth Ratings https://youtu.be/NDcdaqeRNso

Wow, a review by a Youtuber with 187 subscribers. That's definitely gonna boost sales :roll:

Since the '' payed cloud update soap opera '' , disco dsp is using every possible way to draw attention to their products .
Eyeball exchanging

The plugin business is difficult. Look at how NI got over a barrel,
and had to release an unfinished Massive X...
In my opinion, it wasn't incompetence, or bad coding,
it was a cash-flow problem, and the decision had to be made.

But people enjoy Massive X and Discovery Pro etc, despite issues
with the sundry businesses and practices that provide them.
Businesses are dealing with swamp creatures hellbent on more and more petty rules, regulations, fees, and taxes. I say good luck to George, NI, AIR, U-he,
IK, Korg, and all the rest, and hope they all find a business model
that will keep the doors open, with new and improved products
in the future :hyper:

I don't often agree with glokraw, but... this time I do, 100%. Difficult market.

I said good luck to George and discoDSP too.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

glokraw wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:31 pm The plugin business is difficult. Look at how NI got over a barrel,
and had to release an unfinished Massive X...
In my opinion, it wasn't incompetence, or bad coding,
it was a cash-flow problem, and the decision had to be made.

But people enjoy Massive X and Discovery Pro etc, despite issues
with the sundry businesses and practices that provide them.
Businesses are dealing with swamp creatures hellbent on more and more petty rules, regulations, fees, and taxes. I say good luck to George, NI, AIR, U-he,
IK, Korg, and all the rest, and hope they all find a business model
that will keep the doors open, with new and improved products
in the future :hyper:
Comparing discoDSP with real developers (regular updates, new releases, great reputation etc.) like NI or u-he is ridiculous.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Return to “Instruments”