Waldorf plugin updates: Additional Beta testers required (Update: 10 new testers selected)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

I wish Waldorf would (re-)release the A1 synth.

While there is still more place for some testers and also additional applications are still welcome (currently checking all of them) 2 KVR members are confirmed as new Waldorf Beta testers now:

- Laurent aka "Lotuzia"
- Mario aka "Evil Dragon"

Some more will hopefully folow during the next days...

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hi Ingo, PM sent to you,thank Glyn.

bitcrush01 wrote:I wish Waldorf would (re-)release the A1 synth.
For free? :P Really, how much would you charge for such a simple plugin. It could even become a minus business, considering you even might have to give support for it... makes no sense for them to reboot it, as their newer plugins probably feature a much more advanced sound engine.

fmr wrote:PM sent
Hi Fernando,

i did not receive a PM yet... :help:
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I have added all informations from the PMs/replies i got (around 21 so far) to a Word file with a specific format that allows both better comparions and also to notice missing informations.

Will a´continue asking for some missing informations now.

As mentioned above two members are already added to our Beta testers.

BTW the informations needed are those in the OP:
Ingonator wrote: If you want to apply as a beta tester please send me a PM with following content:
- Your full name and your E-Mail address
- A list of Waldorf plugins you own + a list of Waldorf plugins you need
- Your operating system with detailed version number (Multiple OS is an advantage)
- Your host/DAW software with detailed version numbers (e.g. Cubase 7.5.20 64-bit)
- A few details about experiences with Beta testing
- Waldorf hardware synths you own (e.g. Blofeld, Pulse 2) – this is optional and not required for testing plugins
Please try to give informations for all those points and also both as short as possible and as detailed as possible (i know this is not always simple...).
The points which Waldorf plugin you own and for which you need NFR licenses are both important.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

HI Ingo,
send 2 pm's as my mobile was a bit trigger happy :)
Cubase 6, Alesis Fusion, Virus Ti, Korg Triton & Digital & Analog Collection, K2000R, Yamaha CS1x, Komplete 9, Kirk Hunter Libraries, NVA Taiko Drums, Uhe Ace, Bazille and Zehbra, Polyana, Jamstix 3, Toontrack Drums and more libraries and VST's

Ingonator wrote:While there is still more place for some testers and also additional applications are still welcome (currently checking all of them) 2 KVR members are confirmed as new Waldorf Beta testers now:

- Laurent aka "Lotuzia"
- Mario aka "Evil Dragon"

Some more will hopefully folow during the next days...

Ingo
Good job lads :clap:
Eternitysound VST Banks

Just some remarks on the reples i received so far (besides those ramrk in my last post):

I received several responses from members that do not own any Waldorf plugins yet.

Generally this is no problem as we could provide free NFR license for all Waldorf plugins.

Anyway we would need a reason to provide those free licenses. That reason could be either a huge setup with multiple OS and/or several hosts or an extensive knowledge/experience with Beta testing.

For those who don't own any Waldorf plugins and additionally only have a small or "basic" setup and/or no or very little experiences with Beta testing it will be more difficult to be accepted as a Beta tester.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Before i forget:

I still did not get a reply from someone who owns Pro Tools 11 or Pro Tools 10 for tseting the AAX plugins.

All products like Largo, PPG Wave 3.V , Attack, PPG Wave 2.V and D-Pole are also provided as AAX plugins for both Mac/Win and as different formats for ProTools 11 and ProTools 10.

If those who already applied forgot to mention it please send an update.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

It might be a good idea to try at Gearslutz for PT users, I think you'll have more luck over there.

chk071 wrote:
bitcrush01 wrote:I wish Waldorf would (re-)release the A1 synth.
For free? :P Really, how much would you charge for such a simple plugin. It could even become a minus business, considering you even might have to give support for it... makes no sense for them to reboot it, as their newer plugins probably feature a much more advanced sound engine.
It's still a great sounding synth. Why not adding it to the Waldorf Edition e.g.?

I wouldn't mind. I doubt that Waldorf is the rights holder though. Rather Steinberg.

Ingo - OT but is there something I can do to get Waldorf to respond to my emails? Sent a support request for my Pulse 2 about a week ago, heard nothing. Not impressed with that TBH.

samsam wrote:Ingo - OT but is there something I can do to get Waldorf to respond to my emails? Sent a support request for my Pulse 2 about a week ago, heard nothing. Not impressed with that TBH.
I already got a few support requsets concerning the plugin updates that were forwarded to me by support.

Anyway the hardware guys are working on the Release of Streichfett so maybe they don't have much time at the moment.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”