Waldorf plugin updates: Additional Beta testers required (Update: 10 new testers selected)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

BDeep wrote:It might be a good idea to try at Gearslutz for PT users, I think you'll have more luck over there.
Thanks, will maybe have a try soon. :)
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
BDeep wrote:It might be a good idea to try at Gearslutz for PT users, I think you'll have more luck over there.
Thanks, will maybe have a try soon. :)
Besides that i just had another idea. Anyone of the KVR members that alraedy applied or those that would like to apply who owns an iLok 2 key and would maybe try to use a 30 days trial version of Pro Tools for checking the AAX plugins ?

A demo version is available but an iLok 2 key is needed:
http://www.avid.com/Trial/ProTools

So far only around 2-3 people involved with testing and/or development of the updates do own Pro Tools for testing purposes. Using the demo could increase that at least for a limited time.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

chk071 wrote:I doubt that Waldorf is the rights holder though. Rather Steinberg.
Maybe Waldorf could release it as A2 like Plex 2. :wink:

Ingonator wrote:
maybe they don't have much time at the moment.

Ingo
Yes, that's...em....nice.

Just received 2 offers for testing at Pro Tools, many thanks for that. also many thanks for all the other applications. I would now need a little time to check everything properly and then try to make some choices. :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

samsam wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

Ingo
I am sorry if there are any inconveniences but everyone at Waldorf is currently working on important projects so maybe the response is not that fast now.
Anyway compared to the previous weeks where i had a lot of contact with Waldorf almost every day today it seem to be very calm at Waldorf...

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
fmr wrote:PM sent
Hi Fernando,

i did not receive a PM yet... :help:
My mistake. I sent it to someone called Ingo :oops:

I resent it now.
Fernando (FMR)

Hi,

currently i am trying to do a final decision which members couldbe selected as testers.

At the moment besides the 2 already slected there could be around 8 positions (not sure if more are need at the moment).

While there were around 24 applications i am currently trying to do a decison from around 10-11 members for those 8 positions.
With around 6 members (additionally to those 2 that are already "fixed") i am already quite sure now.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
samsam wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

Ingo
I am sorry if there are any inconveniences but everyone at Waldorf is currently working on important projects so maybe the response is not that fast now.
Anyway compared to the previous weeks where i had a lot of contact with Waldorf almost every day today it seem to be very calm at Waldorf...

Ingo
Well, lovely synth that the Pulse is, I hope Waldorf enjoy my money, 'cos they won't be getting another penny out of me. Companies that treat customers like sh1t don't tend to have me spending more with them. I notice the difference between them and Clavia in terms of looking after the people who have helped to pay their wages...

samsam wrote:
Well, lovely synth that the Pulse is, I hope Waldorf enjoy my money, 'cos they won't be getting another penny out of me. Companies that treat customers like sh1t don't tend to have me spending more with them. I notice the difference between them and Clavia in terms of looking after the people who have helped to pay their wages...
What else could i say except that everyone at Waldorf is very busy at the moment.

Besides that we are also trying to reorganize the beta forum which you could see in this thread...

Besides that i was/am a Pulse 2 betatester myself so is there anything wher i could help?
Ingo Weidner

^ I didn't say you could do/say any more, I just put forward my opinion to somebody on a public forum who is representing the company. It's not the way I'd like to do business if I were Waldorf, that's all I'm saying. Yes, they're busy, but it doesn't cost much to reply to support emails does it? In my job I'd be fired if I allowed a week to go by without my even responding to issues.

Anyway, thanks for the offer of help but I get the feeling this thread isn't the place for it. I won't junk up your thread any more with my off-topic moaning.

samsam wrote:^ I didn't say you could do/say any more, I just put forward my opinion to somebody on a public forum who is representing the company. It's not the way I'd like to do business if I were Waldorf, that's all I'm saying. Yes, they're busy, but it doesn't cost much to reply to support emails does it? In my job I'd be fired if I allowed a week to go by without my even responding to issues.

Anyway, thanks for the offer of help but I get the feeling this thread isn't the place for it. I won't junk up your thread any more with my off-topic moaning.
Sent a PM...
Ingo Weidner

Would love to, Ingo, but I am still a lousy noob gamma tester of Bitwig. Woohoo!

samsam wrote:Yes, they're busy, but it doesn't cost much to reply to support emails does it?
Now imagine they get support request emails from other people too, and there goes the "doesn't cost much" thing. Many companies actually look for a way around the support costs these days, so you can figure that there is costs. Not saying Waldorf does that btw, i have no idea about their support. But if there has been one unreplied email, i don't think you can turn a general tendency out of it.

chk071 wrote:
samsam wrote:Yes, they're busy, but it doesn't cost much to reply to support emails does it?
Now imagine they get support request emails from other people too, and there goes the "doesn't cost much" thing. Many companies actually look for a way around the support costs these days, so you can figure that there is costs. Not saying Waldorf does that btw, i have no idea about their support. But if there has been one unreplied email, i don't think you can turn a general tendency out of it.
I'm not that daft - wasn't being literal there, of course I realise that support services incur costs, it's just the frustration of being ignored by a company after dropping a fair chunk of cash on a product, is all. True, my recent one-off experience is just that, my experience.

Anyway, Ingo kindly reached out in an email so as I said before, I'll retire from this thread and let ppl carry on talking about beta testing.

Return to “Instruments”